YouTube to launch kid-friendly app exclusively on Android, ahead of Apple's iOS

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Just how many mobile platforms are there? It makes sense to release for their own platform first I guess.
    I say multiple, you say mobile
    Let's call the whole thing off. ;)
  • Reply 62 of 68
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Just how many mobile platforms are there? It makes sense to release for their own platform first I guess.
    Sorry, my Southern was showing...

Of course if the worst issue you have with my posts is a grammatical error we're getting to a better place at least. :D

You should have a comma after 'Of course', after 'error' and after 'place'.

????
  • Reply 63 of 68
    I remember the one year Youtube was an independent company... and the following nine years it belonged to Google.

Yes they sold out... a loooong time ago. Aren't there any more current events we can talk about?

:D

How about "what Steve Jobs would or wouldn't do"? ;)
  • Reply 64 of 68
    solipsismy wrote: »
    As for Adobe, if your business customer base and profits are from Windows it certainly behooves Adobe to focus on that platform, so that may not have been anything but smart business.

Yes, I agree with you that Adobe never deliberately set out to do anything for or against Apple, but rather consistently did what was in their best interests. This includes the erosion of their Mac products during Windows' conquest of the desktop in the 1990s to the recent spate over Flash.

The Mac had an edge with creative professionals and with the laser printer, it founded a new desktop publishing market that was way ahead of the (DOS-based) Windows 2.0 or even 3.1 at the time. Adobe did things on the Mac because that's what its customers bought.

By the 90s, the Mac was losing market and mindshare to Windows. With NT4.0 and Windows 95, the PCs looked like they had not only caught up with, but surpassed the Mac, with a modern UI and protected memory OS that made System 6 and 7 look as ancient as they were. PC manufacturers along with Microsoft were winning customers over, and that's why Adobe flipped to Windows. I don't hold it against Adobe for doing that, nor do I expect Adobe to champion Apple's platforms.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

Right, I want to open my 4 year old to be brainwashed by ads delivered by Google, and turn her into a commodity with her personal data bought and sold by these fools.

Than just don't use it or wait for YouTube to bring out a subscription version or do you expect the service not to include ads and continue without a viable revenue stream to keep it running. That being said, you do know that browser extensions like; Adblock Plus, TubeStop, and AdThwart exist don't you. You can also get an education version of the Chromebook for your child, they contain no ads (with no way to re-enable them as the option has been removed)) which is a bit ironic as their running a Google OS, none the less my MacBook and Lenovo laptop show more ads than they do.

• Reply 66 of 68
    It's dumb to make an IOS version of this app, considering IOS doesn't have user profiles, IOS is not family friendly.
  • Reply 67 of 68
    Considering how IOS is not family-friendly(because of the lack of user profiles). It's interesting how Google is even interested the app.