Apple's Jony Ive and Tesla's Elon Musk 'inseparable' in conversation at Oscars afterparty

Comments

• Reply 81 of 141
    redefiler wrote: »
    So no argument about Madonna, but Lady Gaga is some sacred cow?

I have no idea what this means. :???:
    That wasn't even her song on the Oscars, so her music factors zero into her lip syncs.

It's not her song so her ability to sing it can't be judged? :???:
  • Reply 82 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I have no idea what this means. image

It's not her song so her ability to sing it can't be judged? image

I said she lip synced her performance.

You somehow and incorrectly equated that with me not liking 'her music'.

I reminded you it wasn't 'her' music.

• Reply 83 of 141
    I said she lip synced her performance.

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">You somehow and incorrectly equated that with me not liking 'her music'.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">I reminded you it wasn't 'her' music.</span>

Your implication was that every live performance she has done was lip synced. Such a sweeping claim about a musician and auto-tuning does draw a single conclusion about your feelings toward the artist and her music. Is that not her playing the piano, either?
  • Reply 84 of 141
    mjtomlin might be onto something. It's a compelling theory, and one that makes a lot of sense.

And it looks like the guy works at Apple, so who knows what he might know.
  • Reply 85 of 141
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    danielsw wrote: »
    This is the most sensible reasoning I've seen on the subject.

That makes no sense at all. If Tesla was partial to Apple it would've licensed its patents, and IP to them for a nominal fee instead of making it available to all for free. Why would Apple ever consider buying a company that's doing that?
  • Reply 86 of 141
    Listen with your ears, not your eyes.

What do you think about this? I detect reverb on her mic, but no other effect.

• Reply 87 of 141
    dasanman69 wrote: »

That's not only lip-synced, it's all completely CGI, because no artist today can both play a piano and sing¡
  • Reply 88 of 141
    solipsismy wrote: »
    That's not only lip-synced, it's all completely CGI, because no artist today can both play a piano and sing¡

It all makes sense now, I always thought Liberace was too good to be true. :lol:
  • Reply 89 of 141
    wetlander wrote: »
    @SloppyismY, et al,

Please, when tempted to argue with OT/subjective opinion which cannot be proven true or false logically, please just post:

I AM RIGHT, AND YOU ARE WRONG!, and be done with it!

PLEASE! I am ready to block you, but I value your posts when they are objective and no nits are involved.

I do think she has a good singing voice. That's clearly stated as an opinion.

I know that she and other artists aren't lip-syncing every performance they make. That is a fact, and there are countless YouTube videos that prove it.
  • Reply 90 of 141
    No!

"I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!"

Cummon, it's easy! Try it!
    I do think she has a good singing voice. That's clearly stated as an opinion.

I know that she and other artists aren't lip-syncing every performance they make. That is a fact, and there are countless YouTube videos that prove it.
  • Reply 91 of 141
    wetlander wrote: »
    No!

"I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!"

Cummon, it's easy! Try it!

I guess you have to block me because I will continue to make a conscious effort to qualify my subjective viewpoints as opinions.
  • Reply 92 of 141
    I guess you have to block me because I will continue to make a conscious effort to qualify my subjective viewpoints as opinions.

And I'll be blocking this new 'Wetmyself' irritant immediately... Jesus Christ the idiots are just piling up around here. Life is to short to deal with this. He's blocked.
  • Reply 93 of 141
    Not for sale.  But a "merger" perhaps?

Almost all 'mergers' are sales (or more precisely, acquistions).
  • Reply 94 of 141
    And I'll be blocking this new 'Wetmyself' irritant immediately... Jesus Christ the idiots are just piling up around here. Life is to short to deal with this. He's blocked.

1) Lets not resort to making fun on a screen name. I think we're better than a petty dig.

2) If he wants to block me, then it's his choice. I don't agree with his comment and it's funny that he's concerned about an off topic conversation by making an off topic comment, but I don't think he's crossed any line.
  • Reply 95 of 141
    EV cars use coal also, as electricity is not carbon free. And you have to have a very expensive (for us) unit installed in your garage.

The emissions equivalent of fossil fuels in electric car charging in the US is about one quarter to one-third of that used by the average IC engine. Not perfect, but pretty darn good.
  • Reply 96 of 141
    1) Lets not resort to making fun on a screen name. I think we're better than a petty dig.

2) If he wants to block me, then it's his choice. I don't agree with his comment and it's funny that he's concerned about an off topic conversation by making an off topic comment, but I don't think he's crossed any line.

Perhaps you're right, but I've little patience for his brand of "humor" or whatever it could be called.
  • Reply 97 of 141
    The emissions equivalent of fossil fuels in electric car charging in the US is about one quarter to one-third of that used by the average IC engine. Not perfect, but pretty darn good.

Is that mainly because of efficiencies in fossil fuel usage on a large scale as compared to an individual basis, or because of the other ways to generate power get calculated into that total value (e.g.: solar, hydro, wind, nuclear)?

edit: Self editing to appease the mods.
  • Reply 98 of 141
    He was there bc she throws the best parties, not to listen to her sing.
    razorpit wrote: »
    Jony may have style but he obviously doesn't have taste. Madonna? Yuck!
  • Reply 99 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes, there's reverb, plus a doubling delay and longer echo.  There's also EQ and not a light amount of compression.  These are all standard, but notice she's pretty flat on the more staccato stuff (shorter notes/syllables are easier to sing, less breath control), but notice as she gets louder the pitch starts a little flat for just a second and then suddenly snaps?  Especially on the choruses.  So the attack on the pitch correction is set slower than the shorter stuff, but then grabs anything over a certain length to give it a little pitch boost.

Lady Gaga uses a TC Helicon Voicelive rack.  It's a competing product to Auto-tune, and one of it's main feature is MIDI control over the pitch detection.  Even her acoustic pianos are wired with a MIDI converter, so any notes she plays on a keyboard/piano are sent directly to the vocal pitch correction unit to help correct her pitch to the last chord/notes played.  Set to lower levels, pitch correction is hard for most people to notice, set it too high and suddenly Kanye likes fish sticks.

• Reply 100 of 141
    Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

But a "merger" perhaps?

Apple designs the car, Tesla manufactures it.

It’s a Tesla vehicle with “Designed by Apple in California” laser-etched somewhere on it.