Apple's Jony Ive and Tesla's Elon Musk 'inseparable' in conversation at Oscars afterparty

Comments

• Reply 121 of 141
    redefiler wrote: »
    OK, then impress me.

You want us to list musicians that can be googled in order to impress you? Do you even realize how 1) stupid and 2) douchie your statement sounds? Who the fuçk are you to say that if you do or don't care for [artist] you do or don't have good taste in music?
  • Reply 122 of 141
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

You want us to list musicians that can be googled in order to impress you? Do you even realize how 1) stupid and 2) douchie your statement sounds? Who the fuçk are you to say that if you do or don't care for [artist] you do or don't have good taste in music?

Googled?  

I never said 'I didn't care for' any of the artists mentioned.  

I said those listed were not a very diverse selection.

Try to relax.  Maybe island hermit has some Jimmy Buffet you could borrow?  :smokey: 

• Reply 123 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redefiler View Post

Try to relax.  Maybe island hermit has some Jimmy Buffet you could borrow?  :smokey: 

Bread

• Reply 124 of 141

I heard that Madonna fell over.

• Reply 125 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

NewsFlash: Watch for official announcement of a robot race on the moon, courtesy of Musk's Falcon9. Should be cool to watch!

Been there already.

No point.

• Reply 126 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

The cape was designed by Samsung. Jony tried to tell her at the party that it was mistake having them design anything for her.

• Reply 127 of 141
    Quote:

She was head over heels in love.

• Reply 128 of 141
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

Jony may have style but he obviously doesn't have taste. Madonna? Yuck!

Madge might not be your taste but she is one of the most successful women on this planet.

I'd imagine that she, Jony and Elon would have a lot to discuss.

True; Jony is a material boy.

• Reply 129 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post

You all are are thinking too small. Here's the truth: We're finally going to get those flying cars we've been promised since the 1930s!

Pigs might fly.

• Reply 130 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmgregory1 View Post

Jony Ive isn't exactly the decision maker for Apple, so any conversations with Elon could simply have been related to non-business related matters. Maybe Elon is interested in the Watch? Maybe Ive wants one of the P85D cars? Although anything is possible, it's highly unlikely that their talk would have any implications on what may or may not be happening at Apple with regards to a car.

That's what they want you to think.

And that's what they want you to think. Double bluff.

• Reply 131 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Quote:

The cape was designed by Samsung. Jony tried to tell her at the party that it was mistake having them design anything for her.

I hope she doesn't have to go into a home. She's still relatively young.

• Reply 132 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktappe View Post

I've never understood Madonna hate. She has more talent in her little finger than most people do in their entire bodies. She writes her own music and doesn't need Autotune to sound good. Sure she's a bit weird but so are most artists. What's the issue??

I have nothing against Madonna as a person. Nothing for her, either. I'm very neutral on her and pretty much every celebrity (although there is something about Kate Beckinsale that appeals to me).

As for her music, I don't care for most of it, but that's just an individual taste in music, and in no way makes me an expert on her character or gives me insight into her after parties. I've heard that her parties can be wild, but that might be from a younger Madonna. Then there is Jim Jefferies stand-up "Bare"(?) in which he talks about his girlfriend and mother of his kid having dated a basketball player and was hanging out with Madonna and Dennis Rodman doing drugs and having group sex. That segment of the standup starts about 1 minute in...

Like most pop stars, her best music was in the 80s.

• Reply 133 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by melodyof1974 View Post

I love to see Apple talking to Tesla, my two favorite companies.

Apple stock gone up since first purchased: 744%

Tesla stock gone up since first purchased: 592%

Both seemed to know what they are doing, or the market thinks they know what they are doing.

Personally, I think Apple and Tesla collaboration(speculative) has to do with space.......

Too much weed, you're right.

• Reply 134 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redefiler View Post

Madonna, Gaga, Prince, Springsteen... surprised by the shallow depth and limited range of all your music tastes.

It's like in a world of cuisine, you're only eating McDonald's.  If you're going to do that at least try the chicken sandwich.

Come on Apple people, you're letting team iPod down.  Somebody else has to listen to something with actual beef in it?  Anybody?

Me. 

Bach.

• Reply 135 of 141
    tascontascon Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Apple starts beefing up R&D in the car space so they can drive down the acquisition price of Tesla and when they do acquire it they'll have all this knowledge to make integration that much easier. image

Makes sense.

• Reply 136 of 141
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View PostGlobal Moderator

This confirms it once and for all. Tesla is making a watch. Tesla's been hiring Apple engineers, they've been talking to Apple's lead Watch designer, trying to work out how to get great battery life. All we need now are some completely unrelated van sightings.

Either that or Ive and Elon are having an affair, which would partly explain why they're at a Madonna event. I don't get the trend in leaving parties at that time. Why not go to bed at a reasonable time and just have another party the next day?

Elon met Steve Jobs at a party too but things didn't go quite so well.

http://www.freshdialogues.com/2013/02/25/elon-musk-on-steve-jobs-innovation-critics-transcript/

"Alison van Diggelen: I’d now…let’s move on to focus on Silicon Valley. Steve Jobs was and is a wonderful Silicon Valley icon. Is he someone you’ve admired and what have you learned from Steve’s life and work?

Elon Musk: Well he’s certainly someone I’ve admired. Although I did try to talk to him once at a party and he was super rude to me… But I don’t think it was me, I think it was par for the course.

Alison van Diggelen: I don’t think you were the first.

Elon Musk: No not the first. No. I was actually there with… an old friend… Larry Page. I’ve known Larry since before he got venture funding for Google. He was the one who introduced me to Steve Jobs. It’s not like I was tugging on his coat (saying), ‘please talk to me.’ But obviously he was an incredible guy and made fantastic products. The guy had a certain magic about him that was really inspiring. I think that’s really great.

Alison van Diggelen: Is it that magic that you try to emulate?

Elon Musk: No, I think Steve Jobs was way cooler than I am."

I wonder what the deal is with Apple staff and the film events. Craig Federighi was at the Oscars last year.

Global Moderator? What, of a gossip rag?

• Reply 137 of 141
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    westcoast8 wrote: »
    Global Moderator? What, of a gossip rag?

The discussion threads are pretty much gossip, anecdotes, speculation, humor, sometimes meaningful conversation.
  • Reply 138 of 141
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The discussion threads are pretty much gossip, anecdotes, speculation, humor, sometimes meaningful conversation.

"sometimes meaningful conversation"

What??!! Who let that happen??!! When did it occur??!! 

• Reply 139 of 141

I think both Apple and Tesla will present dramatically new car models based on new energy technologies referenced in the Disclosure Project.

• Reply 140 of 141
    byronlbyronl Posts: 362member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

"Say, Jony, if you ever get tired of answering to no one at Apple, you could come to Tesla and answer to me."

Yeah, I don't see Jony going to work anywhere else. He'll just retire, or go independent with Marc on something.

damn u predicted it-