12-page print ad & digital video showcase Apple Watch in March issue of Vogue

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Just checked out their media kit. This was upwards of a $2 million ad purchase.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Just checked out their media kit. This was upwards of a $2 million ad purchase.

Much better spent, compared to the $4M that companies were spending for a 30-second Super Bowl ad. Moreover, this one will get a ton of free publicity everywhere, so tens of millions of non-Vogue readers will get to see it.

Very smart move on Apple's part.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    You go Angela Arhends!! Great job!
  • Reply 24 of 33
    I'll be very interested to check one out for myself in the store.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

That's where I have a problem with the idea. What if I want to keep that "classic" styling or simply don't like the new YoY styling but want to have the increased capabilities of the latest SIP.

How often are the display resolution updated on a device? I'd think the SIP, battery, and sensor array would be easily replaced. The latter because it's built into the charging ring ceramic which I assume is the way you access the internals of ?Watch.

Not display resolution, more display tech. The screen seems to be by far the biggest hog in the whole thing, way more than the CPU/GPU.

• Reply 26 of 33
    foggyhill wrote: »
    Not display resolution, more display tech. The screen seems to be by far the biggest hog in the whole thing, way more than the CPU/GPU.

You have an issue with a slightly larger display that has the ability to also include a battery that can match its footprint ratio across both device sizes? :???: You need to look at how later tablets and smartphones tend to have longer battery life despite their larger displays. You may also want to look into the benefits of an OLED display and then note the common use of black across their UI. There is a reason for all of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 42mm models will offer a little more battery life than the 38mm models, which, along with being allowing for great interaction with the device, will help push the fashion toward larger watches for women.
  • Reply 27 of 33

I dunno. I miss the Apple that wouldn’t take out ads until the products proved themselves. In before, “You miss the Apple on the verge of bankruptcy with terrible products and no software roadmap?”

• Reply 28 of 33
    I dunno. I miss the Apple that wouldn’t take out ads until the products proved themselves. <span style="line-height:1.4em;">In before, “You miss the Apple on the verge of bankruptcy with terrible products and no software roadmap?”</span>

Is that true? I could have sworn we saw teaser ads for most of their new product categories over the decades? Didn't the celebrated '1984' Macintosh ad originally air in 1983, months before it went on sale?
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Is that true? I could have sworn we saw teaser ads for most of their new product categories over the decades? Didn't the celebrated '1984' Macintosh ad originally air in 1983, months before it went on sale?

Sure; I’m thinking more of roundabout ’96-7.

• Reply 30 of 33
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    O.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    clemynx wrote: »
    I'm going to be really annoyed if the Apple Watch costs more than 500$, which is almost certain. That's too much for me and I don't like the aluminum of the Sports Edition.

Oh you poor thing, why don't you go home to daddy and he will make it better. It must be so tough being in the " me, me, me" generation! After all what are parents for but to get $500 for the latest gift.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Strike a pose