New Apple Commercial Coming Soon

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, so there's this guy Harry Knowles. He runs this site called "Aint it Cool News". He's a big fat red-haired movie dork but I've seen him use a Powerbook so he's gotta be cool in some respects

Anyway, in his review of Spider-Man he mentions that he didn't get to see the movie opening weekend because he flew out to NY to "film a commercial for Apple".

<a href="http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=12187"; target="_blank">Linkage</a>

What would Apple be doing with this guy in a commercial?

Could it be one of those Keynote commercials like the ones with Seal, Moby, etc?

Since this guy is basically just a joe-sixpack turned movie-geek/critic what could he possibly be advertising? iMovie 3?

Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Something QuickTime/video related, definitely...

QuickTime 6? iMovie 3? iCam? Probably not...but who knows...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    eMac commercial? Perhaps for when they release it for consumers? New Power Mac commercial? G4 Rack commercial?

Most importantly, though, it's spelled Bueller.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    [quote]Originally posted by bradbower:

<strong>

Most importantly, though, it's spelled Bueller. </strong><hr></blockquote>

heh, woops.

I think the Quicktime guess is probably spot on. Harry Knowles is always linking to trailers for movies and saying they're "in beautiful Quicktime".

I bet its going to be something at MWNY. Maybe a movie about Jaguar with different people talking about the new features and Harry saying something like "...with Quicktime 6 movie trailers look stunning and impressive. The compression technology makes it easier for geeks like me to..." blah blah blah blah. You get the idea.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    owl boyowl boy Posts: 61member
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>

heh, woops.

I think the Quicktime guess is probably spot on. Harry Knowles is always linking to trailers for movies and saying they're "in beautiful Quicktime".

I bet its going to be something at MWNY. Maybe a movie about Jaguar with different people talking about the new features and Harry saying something like "...with Quicktime 6 movie trailers look stunning and impressive. The compression technology makes it easier for geeks like me to..." blah blah blah blah. You get the idea.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That sounds right.

-Owl
  • Reply 5 of 5
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Sweet Lord that man is a total dork.... sheeezus.

[edit]

But he freakin' nailed it with this:

The effects? I agree, absolutely none of the CG Spider-Man stuff looked human. In fact, I?d go so far as to say it actually looked SUPER-HUMAN? Almost even like the motions of a man that had been genetically altered by a super-spider bio-engineered and radiated to super levels. Yup, if I didn?t know better, I would think all that web-slinging couldn?t be done. Kinda like that Kryptonian flying? or a Death Star run? or Warp Speed? or a Bong Saber? or the Emerald City? or all that other fakey looking shit I?ve seen in the past 100 plus years of cinema. You FX pricks? to quote Cameron? YOU HAVE TO LOOK WITH BETTER EYES THAN THAT!

No freakin' kidding! Amen nerd-boy!

[ 05-07-2002: Message edited by: groverat ]</p>