Apple Watch featured in UK's Style magazine, Space Gray Sport version quoted at $349

Comments

• Reply 41 of 73
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You know how you can walk into an Apple Store and just start playing around with an iPhone or iPad and immediately get a good idea of what the user experience will be like? This is going to be much more complicated for ?Watch because without it being connected to an iPhone it is pretty simplistic. To experience music, you would need a paired BT headphone, to see messaging or biometrics you would have to log in and set up the security profile, etc. Same with the Touch ID integration.

Perhaps that is why they are changing the store setup and putting in kiosks at department stores. I think this will need to be demonstrated not just available for users to play around with.

I don't think it will be complicated. They will probably have iPhones with ?Watches next to them. You can probably send texts and notifications between device in the store like they do with FaceTime. 

• Reply 42 of 73
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    lolliver wrote: »
    I had forgotten just how long it took for the White model to be released. I knew it was a few months at least but as you've pointed out it was longer than I had remembered.

I agree with you that only having one band colour is very likely a sign the space grey could cost more. I just really want that colour so I'm trying to find reasons to hope it won't be more expensive. ????

I seem to recall [@]melgross[/@] having a lot of experience with anodized aluminium products so perhaps he (or anyone else) has a perspective on this.
  • Reply 43 of 73
    nasserae wrote: »

I don't think it will be complicated. They will probably have iPhones with ?Watches next to them. You can probably send texts and notifications between device in the store like they do with FaceTime. 

That makes a lot of sense to me. They've propped up those Sketch, Tap and Heartbeat features so I would expect those to work in the store demos. So will the bands be fixed in place? Meaning, to removable so they can't be stolen? I can't see there being 3 security cables on each watch. I even wonder how that will possible at all and still get a good idea of how it looks and feels on your wrist.

edit: I wanted to be sure, but the demo last year had no security wires on them. This video reminded me just how protected these ?Watches were.

I suppose they could connect a security wire on the the left side? I can't think of where else it could go without obstructing the look and feel or operation.
  • Reply 44 of 73
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

These are the two articles that I was thinking about.

They mention the Apple Stores and high end depratment stores.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/02/03/major-physical-changes-could-be-coming-to-apple-stores-as-angela-ahrendts-era-is-in-full-swing

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/184872/rumor-unique-display-to-showcase-apple-watch-at-high-end-paris-department-store

• Reply 45 of 73
    If this is Apple's most personal product ever, don't expect to personally like every ad you see for it.
  • Reply 46 of 73
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Well, your trolling comments certainly qualify as top of the pus-list.

It really pisses me off that he thumbs up every one of my posts. He does it just because he knows it pisses me off.

Yeah, I wish we could block "thumbs ups".  Seems like if you have blocked somebody, they shouldn't be able to turn around and mess with your thumbs.

• Reply 47 of 73
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    All other considerations; I'm not in love with the photo.
    Not arty enough to be "artsy". To lame to be "fashion".
  • Reply 48 of 73
  • Reply 49 of 73

$349
    $749
    $7499. Possibly an additional premium above that for the Rose Gold too.

While I can see ?Watch Sport all being the same because they all use plastic bands, or ?Watch Edition being the same because they either plastic with 18-kt gold or leather bands with 18-kt gold, and I guess there is an argument to be made that the 38mm and 42mm versions cost the same*, I don't think that the wide variety of ?Watch models with plastic leather and metal bands will cost $749.

* Each of those in order from more likely to less likely.
  • Reply 50 of 73
    tjlucero wrote: »
    $348, $690, $2400

$690 is an incredibly random price. As for $2400, you're hilarious. The gold is more than $1000 alone.
  • Reply 51 of 73
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    OK. That photo's cringe-inducing.

Hope Apple had nothing to do with this placement.

I actually find it pretty great and artsy. Best image of Apple Watch yet.
  • Reply 52 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

So I think the initial Watch customers will be people in one of these categories.

1. People who want a well-designed fitness tracker with other features.

2. Diehard Apple fans who are willing to give it a chance.

3. Watch enthusiasts who want a watch that ties with their iPhone.

You just described me perfectly! I am one, two and three.

• Reply 53 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I'm really digging the Space Grey Sport model. It looks like pure sex in these shots.

And therein lies the conundrum.. Pure sex is boring after a while... dirty sex is where it's at...

I want the 42" stainless steel band Watch version.

• Reply 54 of 73
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Since there are 4 strap colour options for the silver aluminium version (white, pink, blue, and green), and only 1 for the space grey aluminium model (black), I suspect that it will have to cost more.

I think space grey aluminium model with white band will looks spectacular.

• Reply 55 of 73
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:

It really pisses me off that he thumbs up every one of my posts. He does it just because he knows it pisses me off.

You're wasting emotional energy on that bed-wetter.  I do find it interesting that he makes the effort to do that on your posts.  It's obvious he has issues.

It's also obvious the mods get off on having that miscreant polluting the threads.

• Reply 56 of 73
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    sflocal wrote: »

You're wasting emotional energy on that bed-wetter.  I do find it interesting that he makes the effort to do that on your posts.  It's obvious he has issues.

It's also obvious the mods get off on having that miscreant polluting the threads.

No need to use personal attacks.
  • Reply 57 of 73

I don't think that the different combinations of straps on Apple's website correspond to different selling points, merely just promoting the watch/band combinations that work best together. The reason the space grey sport only has one strap is that (currently) there is only one strap that it will look good with (back  flouroelastamer), not because it will be more expensive. If you think about it, the only straps, other than black flouroelastamer, that would work with the space grey aluminum, are the classic black, or the link bracelet. However, these will be expensive, and Apple probably does not want to go though the effort make these bands optimized for the space grey watch (e.g. the connector for the classic black band would need to be anodized, and the link bracelet as well). There would likely be fewer buyers of the expensive bands for the sport model, and it also incentivizes an upsell for the stainless steel model.

It seems apparent to me that every Apple watch will ship with a white flouroeslastamer band (except for the space grey sport, and black stainless steel, which will have black flouroeslstamer). This will be the new iconic white Apple statement. The iconic white headphones are going to be phased out by bluetooth headphones, as well as Apple's Beats. The new iconic white Apple statement will come in the form of the Apple watch.

Personally, I'm planning to get the stainless steel watch, so I can switch between the white band for regular use, and eventually the milanese loop for social outings. 

With the Apple Watch I feel like Apple is again ushering us into the future, as they did with the iPhone, and I can't wait to try it out!

• Reply 58 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

$690 is an incredibly random price. As for $2400, you're hilarious. The gold is more than $1000 alone.

If Apple is moving towards "intrinsic value" products, I think it's digging in the wrong direction.  Wearing a blunt lump of gold with super short half-life high-tech in it screams tasteless.  Apple is not a jewelry company.  They are certainly in the fashion-able space, but so is Swatch.  I take tjlucero's estimates as a nod to the downward pressure real jewelry puts on gadget oriented adornments.  Furthermore, if you have an anchor at $349, how can you sell the "same thing" for $7500+ and not make the $7500 purchaser feel part of the downmarket $349 club?

• Reply 59 of 73
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    What a horrible photo.

I can't decide which is worse: the safety pins in the ear or the pus-like icons of the Apple Watch.

I propose a 3rd option: The pus-like nature of all your posts.
  • Reply 60 of 73
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    What a horrible photo.

I can't decide which is worse: the safety pins in the ear or the pus-like icons of the Apple Watch.

You're the only pus-like icon around here.