Nissan, Daimler CEOs split on prospect of rumored Apple Car

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    cletuscletus Posts: 54member
    Samsung's self-propelled car, named the iZ-ROCS.

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/55984/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
  • Reply 22 of 27
    copelandcopeland Posts: 298member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

THE NEW APPLE CAR!

I like that one.

:)

• Reply 23 of 27
    I want an electric Mazda Miata for my commute.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Ghosn, conversely, suggests that an electric Apple Car could boost Renault and Nissan's profits. He argues that Apple's entry into the market would raise awareness of electric cars in general, boosting sales of vehicles like the Nissan Leaf.

That's the kind of thing I like to hear from executives. Now, what's a Leaf?¡

PS: Coincidently, I just bought a Nissan cargo van which will be delivered tomorrow.

One thing that still bugs me - I read your comment and immediately ads for Nissan Cargo Vans started appearing on the AI pages.

• Reply 25 of 27
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    k2director wrote: »
    Just curious which cargo van? I love those nv1500s. A little too big for my purposes but cool vans.

NV200. I needed something simple and small. I mostly bought it because it's the least expensive for the small cargo vans and you could build-to-order complimentary cargo shelving from their website. I wonder if I made the right choice since I think it feels cheaper compared to the Ford Transit Connect and Ram ProMaster City, the other two I was looking at, and because I only got a $750 rebate (which I assume is for the cargo shelving) and then had to pay $1200 to get it installed. Each has their pros and cons.

Either way, I now have a better vehicle for the work I plan to be doing. No more putting a vinyl pad over the backseats to protect the leather of my sedan to store boxes.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    muppetry wrote: »
    One thing that still bugs me - I read your comment and immediately ads for Nissan Cargo Vans started appearing on the AI pages.

Ugh! I hate that. What sucks is that Ad Sense can pick up those keywords from anywhere. Go shopping for furniture at a site and then AI has ads for the stores you were just at.

Maybe this will help get rid of the Nissan ads. :D ...

• Tampax Tampons
    • Lifestyles Condoms
    • Astroglide Personal Lubricant
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Which car maker will be first to sell a car powered by new energy technology described in the Disclosure Project?

Apple, Tesla, or a newcomer?

Whoever it is, this would be the first car in over 100 years that does not need fossil fuels, or need to be plugged in to charge.

google Disclosure Project for more info.