Radeon 8500 BTO soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I've got some new Mac money burning a hole in my pocket but I'm holding out a little longer. Sure I want a new mobo with ATA/100+, DDR, G5, etc. but I'd be happy with a dual ghz G4 with an 8500/ADC and a 17" Apple LCD. Any chance of this happening soon? The Geforce 4MX doesn't appeal to me and I don't want to go retail for an 8500 and give up the ADC connection. Should I wait a few more weeks? Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by AsahiToro:

<strong>I've got some new Mac money burning a hole in my pocket but I'm holding out a little longer. Sure I want a new mobo with ATA/100+, DDR, G5, etc. but I'd be happy with a dual ghz G4 with an 8500/ADC and a 17" Apple LCD. Any chance of this happening soon? The Geforce 4MX doesn't appeal to me and I don't want to go retail for an 8500 and give up the ADC connection. Should I wait a few more weeks? Thanks for any input.</strong><hr></blockquote> See in Mac central dealing with the geforce 4 titanium .

If you've just purchased a Power Mac G4 or you have an older "QuickSilver" system, fear not -- Apple said that you'll be able to purchase a standalone card from them this Spring; the suggested retail price for that board is $399.

You will have both ADC and DVI connectors. This card will be also faster than the radeon 8500.