Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper film 'Serena' hits Apple's iTunes Store 3 weeks before theaters [u

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    bugsnwbugsnw Posts: 717member
    I love both actors - Silver Lining Playbook in easily on my top 10 list.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    I do like the first run movies on iTunes (usually same day as theater release). The ticket price is about the same: $10, but with the quality of today's home theaters (audio and video) and the convenience of not having to go out, it's a win-win.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I do like the first run movies on iTunes (usually same day as theater release). The ticket price is about the same: $10, but with the quality of today's home theaters (audio and video) and the convenience of not having to go out, it's a win-win.

Would be nice if all new movies were also available on-demand. Even at 1.5x the cost of a single ticket it might be preferable to watch at home instead. I used to love to go to the movies. Not so much anymore.

• Reply 24 of 28
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member

Springtime is the graveyard for Hollywood movies. This thing was slated for a spring theatrical release, meaning it is likely garbage.

The other seasons have better quality releases, with big blockbuster releases around Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. A lot of "serious" movies come out in the fall to attract Academy attention for Oscar voting.

This thing must be a complete turd.

• Reply 25 of 28
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member
    Cause it sucks!
  • Reply 26 of 28

Would be nice if all new movies were also available on-demand. Even at 1.5x the cost of a single ticket it might be preferable to watch at home instead. I used to love to go to the movies. Not so much anymore.

A family or group of friends can watch for the price of a single iTunes rental. $10 is reasonable for first-run access.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

A family or group of friends can watch for the price of a single iTunes rental. $10 is reasonable for first-run access.

What is a single-view rental price at Netflix? That is the benchmark "reasonable" access price. I understand Netflix is typically used via monthly subscription.

(Disclaimer: I am a shareholder of both AAPL and NFLX. I have never personally used the Netflix service myself.)

• Reply 28 of 28
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    mpantone wrote: »

What is a single-view rental price at Netflix? That is the benchmark "reasonable" access price. I understand Netflix is typically used via monthly subscription.

(Disclaimer: I am a shareholder of both AAPL and NFLX. I have never personally used the Netflix service myself.)

No individual rentals from Netflix. It's all you can view from their library for the monthly fee.

Outside of iTunes one can rent from Amazon, Vudu, M-Go, and Google Play. The price is usually the same