First look: Apple Watch companion app debuts in iOS 8.2 with unique camera pairing method

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by freediverx View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Ok well I want OLED on my iPhone then. I've had enough of the bright white backgrounds, especially now that I've seen the watch (and people who have seen it hands on rave about the display).

Until recently at least, OLED screens have had terrible color reproduction with inaccurate, oversaturated colors and a greenish tint that makes skin tones look terrible. (See Samsung phones)

Apple's use of OLED on the Watch suggests that either they've found a solution to this problem or they've accepted it as an reasonable tradeoff for battery life and text visibility on the Watch's tiny screen.

I don't like the colours Apple have used for the Apple Watch - for the actual software, that is. They all seem a bit garish, cheap and icky. Perhaps they'll be better in real life.

• Reply 22 of 26
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I don't like the colours Apple have used for the Apple Watch - for the actual software, that is. They all seem a bit garish, cheap and icky. Perhaps they'll be better in real life.

I think Apple's use of these vibrant colors is suitable for its intended purpose: readability of text and simplified graphics. More subtle colors and gradients would be harder to see in bright daylight.

• Reply 23 of 26
    freediverx wrote: »

I think Apple's use of these vibrant colors is suitable for its intended purpose: readability of text and simplified graphics. More subtle colors and gradients would be harder to see in bright daylight.

Oh, I love bold colours. I just don't think these are good bold colours.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Does iOS 8.2 fix the daily rebooting issue?

You mean the rebooting issue that not a single other fucking person on the planet has, except (supposedly) you? Go slither under your disgusting troll bridge.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Now that's an ugly icon!

I thought they'd go with the ?Watch home screen with the circular icons.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

I have a folder called "Apple" where I shove all the unused preloaded apps.

This is different.

I don’t see an empty battery bar shaped like an Apple Bluetooth Headset on my iPhone when I don’t own one (though I still want to). I shouldn’t have an utterly worthless app on my iPhone when I have no interest in owning an Apple Watch.