With Apple Watch prices set to top $20,000 in China, factories churn out knockoffs

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 42
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,264member
    ireland wrote: »
    All the Samsung employees over on MacRumors saying these are better than the ?Watch. Such a cesspool that forum has become. If I was Arn i would have wielded an axe over there long ago.

    Forget the axe, that shithole needs to be nuked out of existence, the mods there actually welcome those pathetic trolls, just like bgr.com turns a blind eye to the degenerates who infest that place!
    Every site I go to these days... flooded with Apple haters. Who are these idiots?

    Anytime Apple kills it with a new product that no one else can match on their own R&D accord, the haters come out to bash Apple as a sort of survival instinct, don't you know this by now? ;)
    lkrupp wrote: »
    I have this mental image of an fAndroid neckbeard standing on a street corner in a trench coat in the middle of the summer. You walk by, he opens his coat and you see Chinese ?Watch knockoffs hanging from the inside. They run Android and he’s selling them for $50. “You want a gold one?” he asks.

    It’s also going to be hilarious to see how Samsung responds. I can’t wait!

    Go into a back alley somewhere, and I can almost guarantee your vision will quickly become reality.

    As for Samshit, I can already see the power drain their photocopiers will start to cause in SK shortly...
    lkrupp wrote: »

    And if you dare to confront any of them too aggressively you get put into timeout for a few days. It’s all about clicks and views these days. I visit Mac Rumors about once a week just to see what the paid trolls are saying.

    Why waste even that much time on that dump? Not worth it IMHO...
  • Reply 22 of 42
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,036member
    icoco3 wrote: »

    I wonder how long it will take Apple to send a notice to Ebay to have that auction taken down.

    I wonder if the UI actually looks like apple or they just pasted the picture over them images. If they copied exactly they is pretty impressive you have to admit. I suspect those who will buy and we know there will be people who will buy it, when they get i bet they find out it does not look anything like the pictures they are using.

    Yep here is what they will get.

    [VIDEO]
  • Reply 23 of 42
    hoganhogan Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post



    STFU and GTFO troll, goto MacRumors or BGR and take your bovine excrement with you!

    Because you're a useless troll, now GTFO.

     

    Many of us who own and enjoy Apple products can see little value in what has been accurately described as primarily a secondary display for an smartwatch in its first iteration.  While I'm sure the idea of a fashion accessory made by Apple will appeal to tough guys like you, and many others, many of us still await a compelling argument for wanting one.

  • Reply 24 of 42
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,264member
    maestro64 wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will take Apple to send a notice to Ebay to have that auction taken down.

    I wonder if the UI actually looks like apple or they just pasted the picture over them images. If they copied exactly they is pretty impressive you have to admit. I suspect those who will buy and we know there will be people who will buy it, when they get i bet they find out it does not look anything like the pictures they are using.

    Yep here is what they will get.

    [VIDEO]

    I really can't stand that guy in the video, he's a ____....
  • Reply 25 of 42
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

    China... Land o' Fakes.



    I can’t believe it’s not Apple!

  • Reply 26 of 42
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,264member
    hogan wrote: »
    Uoooh. An internet hardman!  

    Many of us who own and enjoy Apple products can see little value in what has been accurately described as primarily a secondary display for an smartwatch in its first iteration.  While I'm sure the idea of a fashion accessory made by Apple will appeal to tough guys like you, and many others, many of us still await a compelling argument for wanting one.

    Spoken like all those shortsighted people who all claimed the same mindless bullshit about the iPhone and iPad when it launched

    "Oh no one will want to use a smartphone without a keyboard or stylus!"
    "Oh the iPad is just an iPod with a big honking screen, no one wants that!"

    The device has so much potential given not only what it currently has in terms of technology under-the-hood, but it will obviously get even better and more capable with time, and you don't see any of that by calling it a glorified second screen for the iPhone?
  • Reply 27 of 42
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,036member
    magman1979 wrote: »
    I really can't stand that guy in the video, he's a ____....

    have to agree, everyone wants to have an opinion and thinks that others care about.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    You may have to correct that - according to the sticker the item that is selling for $499 is the watch STRAP, not the watch itself it seems...
  • Reply 29 of 42
    I'm choosing the clones...
    (1) You are not another dumb sheep buying a meaningless consumer brand
    (2) Save lots of money
    (3) No DRM infestation
    (4) No tech restrictions
    (5) No NSA Spyware
    (6) Moddable
    (7) Clever
    (8) Look more attractive & have more sex
  • Reply 30 of 42
    hoganhogan Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post





    Spoken like all those shortsighted people who all claimed the same mindless bullshit about the iPhone and iPad when it launched



    "Oh no one will want to use a smartphone without a keyboard or stylus!"

    "Oh the iPad is just an iPod with a big honking screen, no one wants that!"



    The device has so much potential given not only what it currently has in terms of technology under-the-hood, but it will obviously get even better and more capable with time, and you don't see any of that by calling it a glorified second screen for the iPhone?

     

    I'm sure the device has "potential" as you call it and future iterations will get better but right now most observers have correctly called it a secondary screen for the iPhone because an iPhone is required to do anything of note. So for $400, I'll continue to put my hand in my pocket and engage my iPhone.  I bought the original iPhone the day it came out, I bought the original iPad after a month or so, and their value in functionality, usability and convenience were all immediately apparent to me.  Other than appealing to the vanity of impressionable minds like you, Apple made no compelling argument as to why I should own one other than I'll use my iPhone less.  I like using my iPhone and with a watch, I will still always have to have it in my pocket anyway.  

  • Reply 31 of 42
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,050member
    sony jim wrote: »
    I'm choosing the clones...
    (1) You are not another dumb sheep buying a meaningless consumer brand
    (2) Save lots of money
    (3) No DRM infestation
    (4) No tech restrictions
    (5) No NSA Spyware
    (6) Moddable
    (7) Clever
    (8) Look more attractive & have more sex
    (9) Have no respect for yourself by tricking your brain to believe Fake is Real.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,264member
    hogan wrote: »
    Ha! And your respect is so worth having?  :)

    I'm sure the device has "potential" as you call it and future iterations will get better but right now most observers have correctly called it a secondary screen for the iPhone because an iPhone is required to do anything of note. So for $400, I'll continue to put my hand in my pocket and engage my iPhone.  I bought the original iPhone the day it came out, I bought the original iPad after a month or so, and their value in functionality, usability and convenience were all immediately apparent to me.  Other than appealing to the vanity of impressionable minds like you, Apple made no compelling argument as to why I should own one other than I'll use my iPhone less.  I like using my iPhone and with a watch, I will still always have to have it in my pocket anyway.  
    Talk about stuck on stupid. OK, believe your own stupidity, and the stupidity of these "observers" you mention. Now just GTFO.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,264member
    sony jim wrote: »
    I'm choosing the clones...
    (1) You are not another dumb sheep buying a meaningless consumer brand
    (2) Save lots of money
    (3) No DRM infestation
    (4) No tech restrictions
    (5) No NSA Spyware
    (6) Moddable
    (7) Clever
    (8) Look more attractive & have more sex
    ROTFLMAO!!! Wow, talk about bottom of the gene pool here! What an idiot!
  • Reply 34 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hogan View Post

     

    Ha! And your respect is so worth having?  :)

     

    I'm sure the device has "potential" as you call it and future iterations will get better but right now most observers have correctly called it a secondary screen for the iPhone because an iPhone is required to do anything of note. So for $400, I'll continue to put my hand in my pocket and engage my iPhone.  I bought the original iPhone the day it came out, I bought the original iPad after a month or so, and their value in functionality, usability and convenience were all immediately apparent to me.  Other than appealing to the vanity of impressionable minds like you, Apple made no compelling argument as to why I should own one other than I'll use my iPhone less.  I like using my iPhone and with a watch, I will still always have to have it in my pocket anyway.  


     

    I've had the same view for quite a while now... and, basically, received the same reaction on AI.

     

    It's not that we are saying that Apple is doomed, or that the whole idea of wearables sucks, or even that this iteration of the Apple Watch sucks. It comes down to you and I both believing that we don't feel compelled to buy this version at this point in time. This coming from two people who immediately saw the personal potential and usefulness of both the iPhone and iPad when they first hit the street. Hell, when Steve introduced the iPhone I could hardly wait for it to hit the street. I couldn't believe the clown reactions from Ballmer and the boys at RIM. That they were unable to see the Sea Change that occurred with the introduction of the iPhone was a mystery to me.

     

    Not so much with this first version of the Apple Watch.

     

    Will this version be successful. Hard to say. This is such a totally different ballgame (and direction, in some ways) for Apple.

     

    We'll see.

     

    Will wearables be successful in the future as the peripheral market expands. Absolutely.

     

    [ ... and, by the way, to have someone say they reported you to the Mods for some imaginary infraction is also a mystery to me... especially when there is another member calling other members "bottom of the gene pool", idiot, etc. and there has been no mention of a report. ]

  • Reply 35 of 42
    hoganhogan Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post





    OK, believe your own stupidity, and the stupidity of these "observers" you mention.



    Many people who enjoy and own Apple products find no compelling argument to buy this watch when it requires an iPhone and it's principle selling point is that a wearer will not have to reach for their Phone as often and that it sits on your wrist and not in your pocket.

  • Reply 36 of 42
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,264member
    hogan wrote: »
    Many people who enjoy and own Apple products find no compelling argument to buy this watch when it requires an iPhone and it's principle selling point is that a wearer will not have to reach for their Phone as often and that it sits on your wrist and not in your pocket.

    You claim I have not brought anything meaningful to this discussion, yet you have brought even less, coming out with the proverbial "gun's blazing" making wild, shortsighted accusations about the ?WATCH being nothing more than a secondary display, with absolutely nothing to back that claim up except "industry observers".

    What a load of crap.
  • Reply 37 of 42
    hoganhogan Posts: 94member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

     

     

    I've had the same view for quite a while now... and, basically, received the same reaction on AI.

     

    It's not that we are saying that Apple is doomed, or that the whole idea of wearables sucks, or even that this iteration of the Apple Watch sucks. It comes down to you and I both believing that we don't feel compelled to buy this version at this point in time. This coming from two people who immediately saw the personal potential and usefulness of both the iPhone and iPad when they first hit the street. Hell, when Steve introduced the iPhone I could hardly wait for it to hit the street. I couldn't believe the clown reactions from Ballmer and the boys at RIM. That they were unable to see the Sea Change that occurred with the introduction of the iPhone was a mystery to me.

     

    Not so much with this first version of the Apple Watch.

     

    Will this version be successful. Hard to say. This is such a totally different ballgame (and direction, in some ways) for Apple.

     

    We'll see.

     

    Will wearables be successful in the future as the peripheral market expands. Absolutely.

     

    [ ... and, by the way, to have someone say they reported you to the Mods for some imaginary infraction is also a mystery to me... especially when there is another member calling other members "bottom of the gene pool", idiot, etc. and there has been no mention of a report. ]




    Agree.  It's an initial push into wearables but I'm still disappointed by what this initial iteration actually delivers. Perhaps I was expecting an array of sensors that do something more than reveal my heartbeat at that point in time.  If nothing else it will certainly strengthen the virtuous circle surrounding the iPhone and perhaps the Apple ecosystem, but the watch needs stand on it's own merit as a device, and I don't think it will find an audience outside those who are particularly fashion conscious AND Apple die-hards.  While most Apple enthusiasts I know are intrigued by it's potential, none appear to be willing to buy it at this time.  But many will buy it irrespective of what it does because it is a fashion accessory made by Apple.  I'm not that vain or pretentious... at least not for now.:)

  • Reply 38 of 42
    hoganhogan Posts: 94member
    Quote:



    Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post





    Your continued use of derogatory, sexist connotations only further solidifies you as a straight-up troll. You claim I have not brought anything meaningful to this discussion, yet you have brought even less, coming out with the proverbial "gun's blazing" making wild, shortsighted accusations about the ?WATCH being nothing more than a secondary display, with absolutely nothing to back that claim up except "industry observers".



    What a load of crap.

     

    You are hysterical :) You tell posters to STFU and GTFO this forum because you disagree with their reasonably articulated viewpoints.  You have nothing other than hyperbolic, nonsensical abuse.  Please, go buy yourself a popsicle and cool off a little. Maybe Mom will buy you one.

  • Reply 39 of 42
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,264member
    hogan wrote: »

    Agree.  It's an initial push into wearables but I'm still disappointed by what this initial iteration actually delivers. Perhaps I was expecting an array of sensors that do something more than reveal my heartbeat at that point in time.  If nothing else it will certainly strengthen the virtuous circle surrounding the iPhone and perhaps the Apple ecosystem, but the watch needs stand on it's own merit as a device, and I don't think it will find an audience outside those who are particularly fashion conscious AND Apple die-hards.  While most Apple enthusiasts I know are intrigued by it's potential, none appear to be willing to buy it at this time.  But many will buy it irrespective of what it does because it is a fashion accessory made by Apple.  I'm not that vain or pretentious... at least not for now.:)

    hogan wrote: »
    You are hysterical :) You tell posters to STFU and GTFO this forum because you disagree with their reasonably articulated viewpoints.  You have nothing other than hyperbolic, nonsensical abuse.

    In your response to IH, your entire response is based upon personal suppositions, assumptions, and again, views based upon your narrow vision of what YOU think of the ?WATCH, and yet you come to me and attack me for calling you out on this?

    I can only say it's a miracle that Apple doesn't employ, or use the advice, of people like you, because otherwise they'd be no better off than the dinosaurs currently scrounging for the leftovers in the PC and Android worlds.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    hoganhogan Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post







    In your response to IH, your entire response is based upon personal suppositions, assumptions, and again, views based upon your narrow vision of what YOU think of the ?WATCH, and yet you come to me and attack me for calling you out on this?



    I can only say it's a miracle that Apple doesn't employ, or use the advice, of people like you, because otherwise they'd be no better off than the dinosaurs currently scrounging for the leftovers in the PC and Android worlds.



    :) Do you understand the concept of an internet forum where people offer opinion? Do you understand that I am offering my opinion of the smartwatch's relative value, particularly it's value for me?  Now, you clearly don't share that opinion and that's absolutely fine by me. In fact, I am re-assured.  Ryan Smith, the Editor of the respected site Anandtech writes "The Apple Watch is essentially a wrist-mounted extension for your iPhone plus a sensor suite"  Rob Pegoraro of Yahoo Tech writes "But the most accurate description for the $349-and-way-up gadget Apple introduced at an event Monday is a tad more prosaic: Like other smartwatches, it’s an external display for your phone."  So, I am definitely not alone in thinking as I do.

Sign In or Register to comment.