Microsoft to bring Cortana voice assistant to Apple's iOS as third-party app

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

seriously, who the fck would install this app?

• Reply 22 of 30
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    magic_al wrote: »
    Siri gets offended if you say Cortana.

LOL ... you know everyone has to now try that and see if you were kidding ...
  • Reply 23 of 30
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    seriously, who the fck would install this app?

Microsoft staff on their own iPhones so they have enough devices to test it I guess. :D
  • Reply 24 of 30

So my iPhone will be able to have a conversation with itself.

• Reply 25 of 30
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I find most complaints about Siri come from poor users or people's memories from 2011.

Siri isn't perfect, but she certainly is improving rapidly. Her response times, knowledge base, and ability to understand you has all been greatly improved. I use her daily to tell me the weather, ask for directions, make appointments, and just general entertainment.

Are you kidding? Siri is terrible at most things I need. She is ok at setting calendars, sending texts, calling and  reminders but try to get specialized information from the Internet and she fails 90% of the time, whereas Google app is right on the money in the high 90% range . I always give Siri first shot since it is so easy to access with the home button but in order to get the right answer, you usually need to use Google app.

• Reply 26 of 30
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    I want Cortana. I don't want Siri. If I can tune it the way I want, I'd be quite happy! I hope Cortana is cloudable with cross-platform sync functions!
  • Reply 27 of 30
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    Me! ?(^o^)?
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Shame it won't be able to grant my wish to play an album UNSHUFFLED. Is Apple ever going to fix this awful feature. Why Apple is at it why doesn't its Photo app sectionalise pictures and rearrange them for you?
  • Reply 29 of 30

I am personally really happy to see the direction Microsoft has been going.

They seem to be making smart decisions, and including everyone in their products.  It actually seems Microsoft is trying to target and take down Google...or become the new Google.  

I feel Microsoft is competing with Apple less and less.  This seems like smart business to me...and I hope them the best of luck.  

• Reply 30 of 30
    bigmc6000bigmc6000 Posts: 767member
    Siri hasn't seen a decent update in years. I mean it can't even perform the simplest of tasks. If you say "what time does American airlines flight #___ arrive at DFW" and she comes back with "I didn't find any search results for "what time..." That's ridiculous, Apple needs to do quite bit more with it - I can't even ask it questions about stuff that's actually in my calendar! It's extremely basic and is in dire need of an overhaul.