BlackBerry staggers back into the tablet market with Samsung hardware and IBM software

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Okay, I admit, the Microsoft market share is up for grabs...

Then they're truly f'd :lol:
  • Reply 22 of 58
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    First, doesn't BB realize most the world does not care if their private information is secure, if they did they would not have bought into the google/android world.

Next the FBI and CIA will declair BB or rouge state and they are only interesting in putting world governments above the power of the US government or they will be the pedophile friend.
  • Reply 23 of 58
    maestro64 wrote: »
    First, doesn't BB realize most the world does not care if their private information is secure, if they did they would not have bought into the google/android world.

Next the FBI and CIA will declair BB or rouge state and they are only interesting in putting world governments above the power of the US government or they will be the pedophile friend.

At $2300 I think they're going for a very exclusive enterprise market.
  • Reply 24 of 58
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Downtrodden is way worse than beleaguered.

No, downtrodden means something else: oppressed or treated badly by people in power.

The correct term for BB truly is "beleaguered", meaning "beset with difficulties".

• Reply 25 of 58
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member

First, it's a dumbasz square phone. Now, this overpriced POS. BB name will be irrelevant soon. Good bye Mr. Chen.

• Reply 26 of 58
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

BlackBerry staggers back into the tablet market with Samsung hardware and IBM software

What's the opposite of the phrase "best of both worlds"?

Mind you, it could be worse, it could be Samsung hardware and Google software.

• Reply 27 of 58
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

It is a little disappointing to see IBM getting together with BB and Samsung on tablets. I was hoping that their cozy relationship with Apple and iPads would be exclusive. I am a bit surprised that there would not be something in the Apple agreement that would prevent things like this.

• Reply 28 of 58
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

You guys do know that BlackBerry is once again profitable and are not going Bankrupt anytime soon, even though you would like this to happen. Just do a simple search on their current financial situation. Their phone line is still in question, though I hope it survives as I absolutely love their phones now. My Passport is (A)wesome in almost every aspect, especially editing document, logging into remote servers via a secured terminal, emails, messaging, etc. I couldn't imagine going back to a phone that doesn't have a keyboard, llluuuvvv it.

• Reply 29 of 58

@mstone: ;Funny you are the only one commenting on this topic, I totally agree: WTF is IBM doing in this company???

• Reply 30 of 58
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    And no company has ever made it from the verge of bankruptcy?

And no one has ever won the lottery?
  • Reply 31 of 58
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

It's not Google so you don't get paid to comment.

Just a heads up:

Suggesting other people are trolls does not make you seem like any less of a troll.

• Reply 32 of 58
    Just a heads up:

Suggesting other people are trolls does not make you seem like any less of a troll.

That would be a shill not a troll.
  • Reply 33 of 58
    And no one has ever won the lottery?

They have on both accounts. I bet the odds of coming back from the verge of bankruptcy are better than winning the lottery.
  • Reply 34 of 58
    Quote:

That would be a shill not a troll.

Semantics.

• Reply 35 of 58
    Semantics.

Wrong answer.

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
  • Reply 36 of 58
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    igroucho wrote: »
    @mstone: Funny you are the only one commenting on this topic, I totally agree: WTF is IBM doing in this company???

It's the first thing I noticed.

Sounds strange and dirty. I thought Apple had exclusive contracts with IBM. What a disappointment.
  • Reply 37 of 58
    Who cares what BB is doing? What is this discussion about?
  • Reply 38 of 58
    Quote:

Wrong answer.

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

You're being pedantic.

That was not a "wrong answer." A shill can be a troll, and a troll a shill.

Also, the definition of "troll" you selected is too narrow. A troll is not just someone that "sows discord," but also is a person whose primary purpose is to push an agenda outside the interests of the forum. And you clearly fit that description.

• Reply 39 of 58
    Who cares what BB is doing? What is this discussion about?

The article is about BB, so that's what the discussion is about. It's not that hard.
  • Reply 40 of 58
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

"SecuTablet"

love the name, sounds like it should cure a disease?