Apple posts fifth OS X 10.10.3 beta, adds OS X Recovery updates

Posted:
in macOS edited March 2015
Apple on Monday seeded an updated beta build of OS X 10.10.3 to developers and public beta testers, the fifth pre-release version of the company's desktop operating system that brings updates to the new Photos app as well as OS X Yosemite's recovery tools.

The new OS X 10.10.3 beta is identified as build number 14D113c, while the Yosemite Recovery update is bumped to version 3.0. Both updates are now available for download via the Updates tab of the Mac App Store or from the Mac Developer Center.

Two issues remain with using Photos for OS X in concert with the iCloud Photo Library beta and iOS 8.1.3 or earlier. Photo or video dates that have been edited manually may revert to their original dates, while Photos could crash when folders containing albums are removed from Recently Deleted.

Apple is also continuing to ask developers to focus on Wi-Fi captive portal testing. The company is looking for feedback from networks that use captive portals in public places like hotels, airplanes, airports, and coffee shops when using Safari.

Monday's update comes one week after Apple issued the fourth 10.10.3 beta, and just under one month after the company publicly release OS X 10.10.2. With issues dwindling, OS X 10.10.3 could make its way to everyday users soon.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Looking forward to Photos.

Spring has arrived, so step to it, Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,700member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Technically Spring ends June 19th so be patient.

• Reply 3 of 10
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    Unfortunately Photos decided to delete 20gb of my Photos library after installing this update. So make sure you have good backups...!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    longpathlongpath Posts: 393member
    I would just like Safari to work as well under 10.10.3 as it did under 10.10.2....
  • Reply 5 of 10
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

I've still not updated to Yosemite and will not do so until I'm confident the majority of lingering bugs (that I've seen reported) are thoroughly ironed out.

• Reply 6 of 10
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

So Apple should release it before it's ready? So you can bitch and whine about some magical bugs that only you seem to experience? Or do you just want them to release it as you need a new target to bash?

• Reply 7 of 10
    dannshdannsh Posts: 24member
    FYI the last two beta versions have continuity issues. Making and receiving calls from the mac is not working right now. Video and audio works but not cellular.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

The last iOS update had a long list of bug fixes, it would be nice if this OS X one did too.

• Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dannsh View Post

FYI the last two beta versions have continuity issues. Making and receiving calls from the mac is not working right now. Video and audio works but not cellular.

It's been okay for me on both of my Macs.

• Reply 10 of 10
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,361member

Warning: This latest beta release is a train wreck. It screws up the app specific passwords for FaceTime and iMessages. Unless you're looking for a major Time Suck experience avoid this one. Amazing to see the bipolar nature of these betas. :-(