Apple releases new iOS 8.3 betas for both developer and public testing

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 2015
The fourth beta of iOS 8.3 was issued to developers on Tuesday, while members of the public iOS beta program were given their second build of the forthcoming software update.

iOS 8.3 beta 4 is now available for developers to download, along with Xcode 6.3 beta 4 with Swift 1.2. Beta 4 is identified as build 12F61, while the new Xcode is 6D554n.

Release notes accompanying the fourth beta indicate that the same known issues persist from the last build. Those include issues with outgoing call audio and FaceTime Audio, and problems with Spotlight and third-party keyboards, among others.

Also on Tuesday, members of the iOS public beta program were supplied their second build of iOS 8.3. The program launched earlier this month, marking the first time ever that non-developers are allowed to test upcoming builds of iOS.

The current public, non-beta release of iOS is version 8.2, which brought the official Apple Watch app ahead of the device's April 24 launch. It's expected that iOS 8.3 will also launch publicly before the Apple Watch becomes available.

Among the new features found in iOS 8.3 are emoji diversity options, allowing users to select new skin colors for characters. iOS 8.3 also adds support for Siri in New Zealand English, Indian English, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Danish, Thai, and Turkish.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    "Release notes accompanying the fourth beta indicate that the same known issues persist from the last build. Those include issues with outgoing call audio and FaceTime Audio, and problems with Spotlight and third-party keyboards, among others."

Actually the release notes say they are fixed in Beta 4:

CarPlay
    Fixed in Beta 4
    Outgoing Call Audio and FaceTime Audio may be choppy.

Spotlight
    Fixed in Beta 4
    3rd Party keyboards may not be available for selection in Spotlight Search.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I'm loving the fact that Siri now works for New Zealand.

It's a pretty cool feature that I now have to force myself to utilise because I've lived without it for so long.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I signed up when iOS 8.3 beta 3 came out, but I still don't see an option to download any iphone betas? ???? why is this?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lowededwookie View Post

I'm loving the fact that Siri now works for New Zealand.

It's a pretty cool feature that I now have to force myself to utilise because I've lived without it for so long.

Don't they speak English down under?

• Reply 5 of 10
    vuduvudu Posts: 28member
    New build of iOS:

Now if only they added a forward delete finally!
  • Reply 6 of 10

"Free downloads” is not a big quibble. There are bigger fish to fry.

If anyone has issues with passwords for reviews - I would ask them how they like the “phony”reviews driven by developers (my contention). Or the nonsense “LIKE" reviews that read “awesome,” which does nothing to help the next person considering a buy.

The bigger problem is that you must have downloaded (generally means bought) an app in order to review it. Well, once you’ve plunked your money down for an app, the developer can be brilliant or terrible, but in any event you have rewarded their work unseen.

I would also take issue with the requirement under “Family Sharing” which no longer accepts “none” as a viable payment option, or redeemable cards: Once you select “Family Sharing” a credit card is required & cannot be deleted (only replaced with another).

• Reply 7 of 10
    Any chance they figured out a forward delete for iPhone keyboards?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

NZ has a similar sound to Australia but with enough differences to make computers spit the dummy trying to understand us. We also have a lot in common with the UK but distance and proximity to Australia has eroded our accent to be indistinguishable to the UK.

I once had a conversation with a Pom about how they speak for words like "bed" I had to say "bad" but for "bad" I had to say "bard". It actually worked in dictation. Now, the potential for dictation to work for our accent is quite plausible.

• Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryn Lowe View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

NZ has a similar sound to Australia but with enough differences to make computers spit the dummy trying to understand us. We also have a lot in common with the UK but distance and proximity to Australia has eroded our accent to be indistinguishable to the UK.

I once had a conversation with a Pom about how they speak for words like "bed" I had to say "bad" but for "bad" I had to say "bard". It actually worked in dictation. Now, the potential for dictation to work for our accent is quite plausible.

Thanks. I was pulling your leg a little.

I can hear the difference between Aussie and New Zealand, but I often get them mixed up, much to their consternation. Bit like American and Canadian. Canadian sounds closer to British, in that it’s more refined and formal-sounding.

• Reply 10 of 10

What is the price of this apple ios 8 in the market?

http://gsm.mobilephonesets.com/