iOS 8.3 allows users to turn off password requirement for free App Store downloads

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    I'm running 8.3 beta and was confused because I wasn't seeing this at all. Turns out the new "Password Settings" menu doesn't appear (or didn't for me) until you sign out of your store account then log back in.

Under normal circumstances, there are few reasons for signing out of one's account. And the average user avoids Preferences in general. As such, unless Apple makes it visible without logging out, it's likely that many users won't be aware of this new feature for some time -- if ever -- unless they read about it somewhere.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by soundsgoodtome View Post

I'm running 8.3 beta and was confused because I wasn't seeing this at all. Turns out the new "Password Settings" menu doesn't appear (or didn't for me) until you sign out of your store account then log back in.

Under normal circumstances, there are few reasons for signing out of one's account. And the average user avoids Preferences in general. As such, unless Apple makes it visible without logging out, it's likely that many users won't be aware of this new feature for some time -- if ever -- unless they read about it somewhere.

Yes this happens to me too. But signing out of the store also turns off TouchID for the store. As soon as you sign back into the store, Password options is back, then enabled TouchID for the store and Password options is gone again. Obviously Apple thinks TouchID is convenience enough.

• Reply 23 of 25
    The only update I got was emojis nothing else
  • Reply 24 of 25
    YoholoYoholo Posts: 1member
    Way way overdue and of course for Apple oversimplified for Apple cult. First you have to get past the Apple ID bs. To change the settling, then you have to put in a valid credit card. Kind of difficult on the beach when trying connect your new ue boom box. Hey Apple!!! It doesn't need to be that complicated or that apple-twist . Did the engineers at Apple ever consider Kiss!!
  • Reply 25 of 25
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,556member
    Yoholo said:
    Way way overdue and of course for Apple oversimplified for Apple cult. First you have to get past the Apple ID bs. To change the settling, then you have to put in a valid credit card. Kind of difficult on the beach when trying connect your new ue boom box. Hey Apple!!! It doesn't need to be that complicated or that apple-twist . Did the engineers at Apple ever consider Kiss!!
    You're a year late on this, and no, you do not need to enter a credit card in order to set up an Apple ID. 

What this has to do with connecting to Bluetooth speakers is completely beyond me.
    edited July 2016