Microsoft Bombs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Every company has its flops...

Eworld, Newton, G4 Cube, Apple III, Lisa, Macintosh Portable come to mind...

Other items of note are Copland, Test Drive a Macintosh (fsck you Sculley), AppleLink, Cloning Liscenses, and the flaming PowerBook 5300.

Also let us not forget Sculley and Spindler.

I'm sure Microsoft's total list is much longer but you get the point.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    X-Box ain't dead yet.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    fotnsfotns Posts: 301member
    The author of that article is an unabashed Microsoft hater. Even if Gates and Co. managed to deliver computing perfection, he would find something to complain about.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    stimulistimuli Posts: 564member
    Nah. groverat's right, it'll drag on forever. It's M$'s way of getting PCs into every home so they can charge for services etc.

It would be nice if Xbox got snuffed like a cute puppy in a toilet bowl but realistically M$ are going to keep trying 'til they get it right.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    masterzeusmasterzeus Posts: 111member
    [quote]Originally posted by FotNS:

<strong>The author of that article is an unabashed Microsoft hater. Even if Gates and Co. managed to deliver computing perfection, he would find something to complain about.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you think this from reading the article or know this from past articles ( links would be great )? I read the article and it didn't seem like MS bashing.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    xmogerxmoger Posts: 242member
    X-box live is what's interesting. If they can create online communities with integrated forums and IM chatting, then it COULD be a killer-app.

[quote]Do you think this from reading the article or know this from past articles ( links would be great )? I read the article and it didn't seem like MS bashing.<hr></blockquote>

I know his viewpoints from a few articles, and from his tv show 'silicon spin'. The show used to be half-decent when they had 4 guests on to debate live. Now he just talks to a few people via satellite, and few issues aside from what he wants to discuss get any time. He's not a microsoft fan, but he's pretty cynical all the way around.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    How dare you call the Newton a failure!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    the toolboithe toolboi Posts: 557member
    I wouldnt call it a flop. Its sold fairly well, and it has some impressive titles coming up for it. However I see this as a hard time for the console market because I think that people are finally starting to understand how limiting a controller is...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 10 of 10
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Yeah, giant backup of the colon. Definitely.

I call anything that even Microsoft deems unworthy of production Smackware.