'Bendgate' returns: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge just as bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Reply 21 of 110
    rogifan wrote: »
    So are we going to see oneofthenine.com for the Galaxy?

Oh no!!! 600 out of 70 million, and counting. So 0.000857% bent phones.
    (Drops mic, walks away.)
  • Reply 22 of 110
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So are we going to see oneofthenine.com for the Galaxy?

That depends. Will they manage to sell nine of these?

• Reply 23 of 110
    waterrocketswaterrockets Posts: 1,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 95

I guess they are following their own advice

That one was actually consumer art, not a Samsung image. This one was an actual corporate tweet, though:

• Reply 24 of 110
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member

whatever. it's a samsung phone. who really cares? slow (apple) news day so far.

• Reply 25 of 110

You want to see just how delusional the Android/Samsung fans are this morning? Here's the comments that keep repeating on all the various sites that have ran this story:

- Who cares about this test. In the real world the iPhone 6 will bend easier.

- Why did they test the iPhone in the middle? They should have tested it at it's weakest spot.

- Every phone is bendable. The issue with the iPhone 6 is it would bend under normal use and in your pocket.

and my favorite...

- They did the bend test at the center. The iPhone 6 Plus was actually pretty sturdy at the center. It was near the corner area where the iPhone bent.

This guy has posted this exact same comment in every single site where I've seen this story run. Wonder who pays his salary?

Who needs to make things up when these idiots are doing fine all by themselves?

• Reply 26 of 110
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Man, they're copying everything.

Great comment!

• Reply 27 of 110
    Samsung deserves to get the same treatment that Apple got over the bend-ability of the larger iPhone, but I'm guessing we'll see little hit the mainstream news. Of course I think in both cases, it's a ridiculous thing to expect a thin and tall piece of metal and glass survive bending forces like what is being tested.

If this were really an issue in need of solving, which of course it is not, there are solutions that could be used, such as carbon fiber, but the cost would be prohibitive and it would likely create other ancillary issues.
  • Reply 28 of 110
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmgregory1 View Post

Samsung deserves to get the same treatment that Apple got over the bend-ability of the larger iPhone, but I'm guessing we'll see little hit the mainstream news. Of course I think in both cases, it's a ridiculous thing to expect a thin and tall piece of metal and glass survive bending forces like what is being tested.

If this were really an issue in need of solving, which of course it is not, there are solutions that could be used, such as carbon fiber, but the cost would be prohibitive and it would likely create other ancillary issues.

CF seems like it would just break at a certain point, and possibly be even worse.

• Reply 29 of 110

This is just Free advertising for Samsung before the release of the phone.

Samsung wants this to hit the mainstream news, heck, Samsung probably paid for this. lol :)

• Reply 30 of 110
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    This is terrible news for Samsung. But, you can always buy galaxy s6-bending-insurance especially those for teens, others who are used to previous galaxy phones of not so much bending issue. Option is buy HTC M9 or iphone 6/Plus.
  • Reply 31 of 110
    raptoroo7raptoroo7 Posts: 140member

Really, Android users were the cause of this.  NO, it was every one in the media, tech blogs, etc that were behdind this.  It started with antennagate and Jobs arrogant attitude by saying you're holding it wrong, when it was a matter of you designed it wrong.  I happen to use Apple Android, iOS, WIndows and I don't put my $1000 phone in my backpocket and expect it to NOT get damaged.  If you do then your and idiot plan and simple.

* Posting this from my MBP, with an iPhone 6+ sitting next to me, iPad Air on the charger and a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 128GB on the way.

• Reply 32 of 110

They don't need advertising the phone is doing quite well on its own.  Have you seen the photo comparisons, S6/Edge vs iPhone 6/6+ I can tell you the iPhone did NOT win.  Don't blame it on 6 month old phone either, the upcoming phone in 6 months will likely have the same crappy lens configuration.

• Reply 33 of 110
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

Trust me, no one will make a big deal about Samsung phone. Why? People don't give the sh.t if it's not Apple.

• Reply 34 of 110
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

That depends. Will they manage to sell nine of these?

No more like 30 million in the first two months.

• Reply 35 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RaptorOO7 View Post

Really, Android users were the cause of this.  NO, it was every one in the media, tech blogs, etc that were behdind this.  It started with antennagate and Jobs arrogant attitude by saying you're holding it wrong, when it was a matter of you designed it wrong.  I happen to use Apple Android, iOS, WIndows and I don't put my $1000 phone in my backpocket and expect it to NOT get damaged.  If you do then your and idiot plan and simple.

* Posting this from my MBP, with an iPhone 6+ sitting next to me, iPad Air on the charger and a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 128GB on the way.

Quote:

They don't need advertising the phone is doing quite well on its own.  Have you seen the photo comparisons, S6/Edge vs iPhone 6/6+ I can tell you the iPhone did NOT win.  Don't blame it on 6 month old phone either, the upcoming phone in 6 months will likely have the same crappy lens configuration.

Quote:

No more like 30 million in the first two months.

Right...I'm sure you're totally sitting next to all these Apple products.

• Reply 36 of 110
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Right...I'm sure you're totally sitting next to all these Apple products. Please, join the other souls on my Block List of SolitudeTM.

You mean it took this long to add this idiot to your list? I see this username everywhere online posting the same usual garbage.

• Reply 37 of 110
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Notice this video was not laced with Apple ads unlike the original bendgate iphone video which had loads of Samsung ads all over them video and any article written about it.
  • Reply 38 of 110

Recently heard in a super secret Samsung meeting -- "When we told you to copy the iPhone, we didn't mean everything!"

• Reply 39 of 110
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

You mean it took this long to add this idiot to your list? I see this username everywhere online posting the same usual garbage.

There are so many, some slip through the cracks. I get them in the end.

• Reply 40 of 110
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Oh no!!! 600 out of 70 million, and counting. So 0.000857% bent phones.

(Drops mic, walks away.)

It pains me to admit it but my 6 month old iP6 has a bend in the middle of the bottom (-) volume button. The case is obviously bent on that side and slightly bent directly opposite above the SIM card drawer. I have owned every model since the first and this is the first it ever happened and I have treated/used this one no differently than the rest. I wonder if I bring it in to the Apple Store within a year they will replace it.

I bought a 15" rMBP in September, 2014 (with Apple Care), and after about a month someone bumped and slightly dented the top corner of the screen case. Everything was fine but about 3 months later lines and other screen issues started to occur. Apple attrubuted the video problems to the dent and wouldn't cover it, even after I got management involved. Cost me $700! In the past, I've brought in MBPs with problems caused by worse accidental damage and they replaced or fixed it with a smile within the warranty period, even without Apple Care.

It's been my experience lately that Apple has been less generous with replacements/free fixes than in the past. Anyone else feel/experience the same?