'Bendgate' returns: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge just as bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Reply 41 of 110
    M

CF seems like it would just break at a certain point, and possibly be even worse.

Of course, CF is extremely strong and rigid but it has a very sharp cutoff point when failure results in a complete catastrophic break, where most metals will bend significantly before breaking. It's also extremely expensive to produce and is anything but environmentally friendly. It isn't good with dissipating heat either.
  • Reply 42 of 110
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member

Metal case just like the iPhone.

No replaceable battery just like the iPhone.

No SD card just like the iPhone.

Same design as the iPhone.

Bends at 110 Lb of pressure just like the iPhone.

?Shame it doesn't have an operating system, usability or processor efficiency just like the iPhone.

• Reply 43 of 110
    gijoeinlagijoeinla Posts: 215member
    maestro64 wrote: »
    Notice this video was not laced with Apple ads unlike the original bendgate iphone video which had loads of Samsung ads all over them video and any article written about it.

Spot On!
  • Reply 44 of 110
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    It's about time there was a 'gate' started about Scamsumg and Giiggle products. :D
  • Reply 45 of 110
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    evilution wrote: »

?Shame it doesn't have an operating system, usability or processor efficiency just like the iPhone.

but ... but ... surely it has a USB port? ;)
  • Reply 46 of 110
    slurpy wrote: »
    While the iPhone story got alike a billion youtube views, was posted on every single blog on the internet, shared by every single mainstream views organization, and became a mockable "thing" for Apple hating turds and trolls to mock for months (and even Apple "fans"), this won't make a fucking peep. Not that it should, but it shows the hypocrisy of all these Android fans, who now wont give a shit. 

I agree. I don't expect the mainstream press or even the tech press to talk about it. Bendgate originated from YouTubers who were doing stupid things like intentionally destroying brand new iPhones during launch week to raise their view counts.
  • Reply 47 of 110
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RaptorOO7 View Post

They don't need advertising the phone is doing quite well on its own.  Have you seen the photo comparisons, S6/Edge vs iPhone 6/6+ I can tell you the iPhone did NOT win.  Don't blame it on 6 month old phone either, the upcoming phone in 6 months will likely have the same crappy lens configuration.

Just read the review of S6EDGE on Gizmodo: the Edge is completely gimmick. Edge only can be used during the screen off. Otherwise, it's no different from any other android phone. Oh...holding the Edge is just like holding GS5 backward...It's so dumb in ergonomic view. BTW, who the fck want to turn the phone up side down to utilize the Edge notification?

• Reply 48 of 110
    gprovidagprovida Posts: 258member
    I did some searches on "xxxx Samsung phones bending" substituing NY Times, Washington Post, BBC, WSJ, and LA Times so see how they were reporting this. I what I found was lots of hits on Apple iPhne circa Sept 2014, but none on SAMSUNG, interesting.

It will be interesting to see if any major outlet says anything and how long before they do, but that is just cynical me.
  • Reply 49 of 110
    raptoroo7raptoroo7 Posts: 140member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

That depends. Will they manage to sell nine of these?

No more like 30 million in the first two months.

Did you actually look at my profile?  I suspect you DIDN'T.  You don't know me and I certainly don't want to know YOU. But I have owned more smartphones, mac products in my lifetime than you will likley ever own.

• Reply 50 of 110
    raptoroo7raptoroo7 Posts: 140member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

Too band the iphone can't do two things at once and SIRI sucks compared to Google Now.  I compared both yesterday, Google Now won hands down.

• Reply 51 of 110
    pujones1pujones1 Posts: 222member
    gprovida wrote: »
    I did some searches on "xxxx Samsung phones bending" substituing NY Times, Washington Post, BBC, WSJ, and LA Times so see how they were reporting this. I what I found was lots of hits on Apple iPhne circa Sept 2014, but none on SAMSUNG, interesting.

It will be interesting to see if any major outlet says anything and how long before they do, but that is just cynical me.

I'm looking for the same thing. I guess no one was paying attention to the copier when they were copying the iPhone this time.
  • Reply 52 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RaptorOO7 View Post

Too band the iphone can't do two things at once and SIRI sucks compared to Google Now.  I compared both yesterday, Google Now won hands down.

Google Now is also a Siri copycat. What's your ass going to say, troll?

BTW, read this review on 6Edge so your head can clear up:

http://gizmodo.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-a-quirk-that-doesnt-really-work-1694821006

• Reply 53 of 110
    I see this is gaining traction already, on a holiday no less. All the major sites now have articles up.
    Which sites? I'm not seeing it come up as yet?
  • Reply 54 of 110
    formosaformosa Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

Which sites? I'm not seeing it come up as yet?

I skim Android Authority and Android Central once in a while. Android Authority has an article on S6 bending; the other does not (so far).

• Reply 55 of 110
    raptoroo7 wrote: »
    No more like 30 million in the first two months.

Did you actually look at my profile?  I suspect you DIDN'T.  <span style="line-height:1.4em;">You don't know me and I certainly don't want to know YOU. But I have owned more smartphones, mac products in my lifetime than you will likley ever own.</span>

Lets see, sitting around me right now:

Mac Plus
    Mac SE/30
    Quadra 700
    PowerBook 180
    PowerBook 520c
    iMac G3
    iBook G3 clamshell
    PowerBook G4 12"
    2 PowerBook G4 17"
    PowerBook G4 Titanium
    Power Mac G4 Quicksilver
    Power Mac G4 Cube
    Mac Pro
    Mac Mini
    MacBook
    MacBook Air
    MacBook Pro
    Various iPods, iPhones, an iPad.

I think I've got the credentials I need. :D
  • Reply 56 of 110
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Lets see, sitting around me right now:

Mac Plus

Mac SE/30

Quadra 700

PowerBook 180

PowerBook 520c

iMac G3

iBook G3 clamshell

PowerBook G4 12"

2 PowerBook G4 17"

PowerBook G4 Titanium

Power Mac G4 Quicksilver

Power Mac G4 Cube

Mac Pro

Mac Mini

MacBook

MacBook Air

MacBook Pro

Various iPods, iPhones, an iPad.

I think I've got the credentials I need. image

Add AAPL to the list too.

• Reply 57 of 110
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... they could be even worse for Samsung fans than Apple's own PR issues of last year.

And, if Apple's new internal ad agency wanted to, they could air ads poking fun at Samsung users standing in line for the S6.  That would be so funny.

Oh.  Wait.  Yeah, there won't be anybody in line for the S6.

Never mind.

• Reply 58 of 110

But but but the Galaxy S6 Edge didn't bend at volume button which is iPhone 6+ weakest point. So it still wins...s/

• Reply 59 of 110
    This isn't a design flaw, it's a feature! When you hear the sound-of-glass-breaking alert, your S6 is telling you that you've sat down with your phone in your back pocket. Additionally, you are provided the haptic feedback of broken glass slicing through your buttocks.
  • Reply 60 of 110
    indyfxindyfx Posts: 321member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreiD View Post

Just as when the story came out soon after the release of the iPhone 6 , this is a nonstory. Nothing here to see or conclude. Move on with your life!

It -would have- been a non story. Obviously making a large phone as thin as a few credit cards means you can't prop the ends up and stand on it. Basic common sense really.

What makes this a big story (and make it worth repeating) is that samesung made such a fuss over the iPhone 6 bendgate, then turned around and made a poor copy (which apparently suffers far worse damages under the same forces)

It is a half assed copy, which is what samsung always does.

The amazing thing is the apple haters will actually pay more for a poor copy of the original just so they don't have to carry an Apple product. I almost feel sorry for them... almost.