'Bendgate' returns: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge just as bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Reply 61 of 110
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    raptoroo7 wrote: »
    Too band the iphone can't do two things at once and SIRI sucks compared to Google Now.  I compared both yesterday, Google Now won hands down.

That settles it. Everyone can pack their bags and go home.
  • Reply 62 of 110
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Cue the MSM with articles and reviews and TV features depicting the bent Sammy. No?not popular enough?

Anyone else want to go to Sammy Experience stores to do our own testing and filming? I'm joking, don't do it. That's vandalism.
  • Reply 63 of 110
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    If only Apple had patented bendability they could now sue.
  • Reply 64 of 110
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Just as aside, this is the article photo that Neowin included in their story. 

Show of hands from everyone who for a split second couldn't tell them apart. 

• Reply 65 of 110
    slurpy wrote: »
    While the iPhone story got alike a billion youtube views, was posted on every single blog on the internet, shared by every single mainstream views organization, and became a mockable "thing" for Apple hating turds and trolls to mock for months (and even Apple "fans"), this won't make a fucking peep. Not that it should, but it shows the hypocrisy of all these Android fans, who now wont give a shit. 

I was going to say the same thing, but you said it much more eloquently than I would have.
  • Reply 66 of 110
    raptoroo7 wrote: »
    Too band the iphone can't do two things at once and SIRI sucks compared to Google Now.  I compared both yesterday, Google Now won hands down.

Gee, when I run Animoog routed through Filtatron and recorded in Auria all connected via Audiobus, you're telling me I can't do two things at once? Maybe I'm missing something, but that's 4 Apps all running at the same time, in real time.

Your stupidity never ceases to surprise. Actually, no, it's par for the course.
  • Reply 67 of 110
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Google Now is also a Siri copycat.[/URL]
    Hardly...
    Google Now itself is an entirely different service from anything Apple currently offers. I would have to assume you and the OP meant the Google Voice Search that's included with it.
  • Reply 68 of 110
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RaptorOO7 View Post

They don't need advertising the phone is doing quite well on its own.  Have you seen the photo comparisons, S6/Edge vs iPhone 6/6+ I can tell you the iPhone did NOT win.  Don't blame it on 6 month old phone either, the upcoming phone in 6 months will likely have the same crappy lens configuration.

Some tech reviewers have liked the Samsung photos better, and some have said the iPhone still takes better shots.  It all comes down to how you expect a photo to look and which attributes you prefer or give more points to in a comparison.

• Reply 69 of 110
    It's not being covered widely by other sites. Just AI, MR, and BGR. Most other sites are silent. I do not think it's due to anti-Apple bias, but rather the phenomenon of media reporting on anything trending in social media--something CNN does pretty regularly. The YouTubers behind Bendgate created enough smoke to make everyone in the press repeat "fire! fire!" before they moved on to the next story of the day. No follow up, no depth, just headine grabbing.
  • Reply 70 of 110
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    This isn't a design flaw, it's a feature! When you hear the sound-of-glass-breaking alert, your S6 if telling you that you've sat down with your phone in your back pocket. Additionally, you are provided the haptic feedback of broken glass slicing through your buttocks.

Pretty funny.
  • Reply 71 of 110
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Lets see, sitting around me right now:

Mac Plus

Mac SE/30

Quadra 700

PowerBook 180

PowerBook 520c

iMac G3

iBook G3 clamshell

PowerBook G4 12"

2 PowerBook G4 17"

PowerBook G4 Titanium

Power Mac G4 Quicksilver

Power Mac G4 Cube

Mac Pro

Mac Mini

MacBook

MacBook Air

MacBook Pro

Various iPods, iPhones, an iPad.

I think I've got the credentials I need. image

How can you even move? :D

• Reply 72 of 110
    pdq2pdq2 Posts: 270member

Just to be clear, since these details weren't in the original story:

The S6 and the iPhone both _bent_ at 110 lbs, but the iPhone took up to 179 lb before catastrophic failure (ie broke, dead phone). The S6 only made it to 149 lbs before it was kaput.

(The HTC One M9 made it to 120 lbs without bending, but then it broke)

Fandroids are going nuts over this - it's not uncommon to see the accusation that Apple paid for this test, and the S6 would never bend in real-world use. One guy said no customer has complained about it bending yet (!)- perhaps not surprising since the S6 hasn't actually been released to the general public yet.

• Reply 73 of 110
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

Failing worse than the iPhone shows there's more to making a quality copy (i.e., copying-to-own or "stealing" a technology) than meets the eye.

• Reply 74 of 110
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

Just to be clear, since these details weren't in the original story:

The S6 and the iPhone both _bent_ at 110 lbs, but the iPhone took up to 179 lb before catastrophic failure (ie broke, dead phone). The S6 only made it to 149 lbs before it was kaput.

And the S6 display was sorely cracked at 120 lbs.

• Reply 75 of 110

When I first saw Squaretrade's video it had 19,000 views. Now it's up to 115,000.

It'll be very interesting to see the post count by tomorrow. Then we'll really know just how true the idea that "bad news about Apple sells" while "bad news about Android gets quickly forgotten".

• Reply 76 of 110
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Mac Plus

Mac SE/30

Quadra 700

PowerBook 180

PowerBook 520c

iMac G3

iBook G3 clamshell

PowerBook G4 12"

2 PowerBook G4 17"

PowerBook G4 Titanium

Power Mac G4 Quicksilver

Power Mac G4 Cube

Mac Pro

Mac Mini

MacBook

MacBook Air

MacBook Pro

I think I've got the credentials I need. image

I see you skipped the early Power Macs completely.

:grumble:

PowerPC 6100/60 FOR LYFE 

• Reply 77 of 110
    I'm not sure the S6 will bend as easily in the back pocket of an Android users since they have much broader asses than do iPhone users.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
  • Reply 78 of 110
    juxt417juxt417 Posts: 6member

Yea the majority of those guys are arguing the wrong points. The real test should have been the iphone 6 vs the s6 vs the edge. As the 6 + is a phablet and has titanium inserts. Whereas the iphone 6 does not and bends at 70 lbs.

• Reply 79 of 110
    juxt417juxt417 Posts: 6member

Thats only 600 people that know about the site. There are very likely many more people experiencing this issue. The only way we could get official numbers is through apple and we all know that wont happen.

• Reply 80 of 110

Mac Plus
    Mac SE/30
    Quadra 700
    PowerBook 180
    PowerBook 520c
    iMac G3
    iBook G3 clamshell
    PowerBook G4 12"
    2 PowerBook G4 17"
    PowerBook G4 Titanium
    Power Mac G4 Quicksilver
    Power Mac G4 Cube
    Mac Pro
    Mac Mini
    MacBook
    MacBook Air
    MacBook Pro
    Tomorrow we're definitely playing at your house!