Nvidia can they become larger than Intel

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Nvidia's CEO says the they want to be everywhere pixels are generated. He also foresee that Nvidia will be larger than Intel in 5 years. Do you agree? Discuss

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Perhaps.

Personally, I think Wired's article on the issue is bull.

Then again, IBM didn't care whether Microsoft kep DOS. They thought the hardware was important.

This is just one form of hardware that someone thinks is important, while anothe doesn't .
  • Reply 2 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Yeah I thought that statement might be a little bold. We're going to have to see more from nvidia...not just the evolution of the GeForce cards and Nforce muthaboards.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    nVidia would be nowhere without competition. The graphics market has always been a bit dodgy. 3Dfx looked unbeatable in 1998. Before that Cirrus was pretty big...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    If nVidia makes claims like that I'm gonna start buying ATI.

Competition is what drives the industry, especially 3D chipsets.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    eskimoeskimo Posts: 474member
    I think he meant Nvidia would be larger than Intel in graphics marketshare as Intel is and has been the leader in graphics marketshare for quite some time. Many more integrated i810 motherboards are in use than Nvidia video cards.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    That makes a lot more sense.

Eww...integrated graphics...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    [quote] Discuss <hr></blockquote>

Dude, what is with people putting a couple of sentences or a link to a artical without contributing anything to the new thread? Gah!

Anywho...

I wouldn't put it pass Nvidia to try and seize control of the graphics market by using various motherboards and such to squeeze ATI out of the picture. If Nvidia wants to be everywhere pixels are generated they should take a crack at monitors

As for being bigger than Intel, not with in the next 15 years.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    ATI has IGP to combat nVidia's nForce.