Apple launches unprecedented campaign across storefronts to hype iTunes debut of 'Star Wars'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Thats for POS movies.  For the big movies no way studios will allow you to rent the same time they come out in theaters unless they charge $30+

You didn't set that condition initially. You said 'never' which is not ever, and I pointed out that it has.

Btw, you must be an expert riding a bicycle backwards with all the back peddling you do.
  • Reply 22 of 65
    until you realize you don't actually own the content.  Read the fine print.  You are given a license to view the material but you never own the actual content.

With a blu-ray version I own the content and can share it with anyone I please.  Plus it has superior video and true uncompressed audio.

Read the fine print: you are licensed to use the content on Blu-Ray. You don't own it. Licensing restrictions on what you can do with that Blu-Ray still apply. You may not, for example, broadcast that content. You may not show it in a public space. You may not remove the DRM.
  • Reply 23 of 65
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    So just because the story wasn't what YOU imagined its not cannon?

Wow.  What delusions of grandure you have.  Make your own damn space opera then.

Spoil the surprise?  WTF man.  Lucas said you should watch the OT first and then the PT.  Seriously smoking weed you are.

Do I think the PT is as good as the OT?  Hell no.  But I can appreciate what they are.  And how on EARTH could Anakin and Obi-Wan still be good friends at the end of Episode3 if Anakin was a cold blooded murderer?  You are making ZERO sense.

It was not possible to keep the Father/Son secret with the PT.  What where they to do?  Not show Luke/Leia birth?  Were they not to show how Vader became Vader?  I mean WTF guy.  Explain to me how they could possible keep that secret throughout the PT without seriously hurting the story line.

"Trhee was never a need to see Anakin as a child and the audience never needed to see Anakin become Vader."

Speak for yourself.  I wanted to see Anakin as a child and become Vader.  Dude you need some help.

If Lucas had maintained the narrative, episodes 1-3 would not have been written the way they were.

Don't be thick, soggy.

Darth Vader as a child murderer is unredeemable and cannot become the father saved from damnation at the end of ROTJ. Darth Vader as easily fooled and manipulated by Palpatine is a loser and a chump, not the cool badass of A New Hope.
  • Reply 24 of 65

I wonder why April 10, but it's a good sign future releases will be released digitally and as physical copies. Hoping for a bundle price, but yes I have the blu-rays, but for long flights I wouldn't mind taking these along on my ipad.

• Reply 25 of 65
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

What's a BIG TIME movie?

• Reply 26 of 65
    how were they suppose to be written?  you tell me.

You mean you are completely unable to imagine a prequel trilogy with fighter pilot buddies and a whole host of supporting characters using the broad outline I already mentioned I imagined as a kid? Really? Where is your creativity?
  • Reply 27 of 65
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    LOL.  Movie studios would never allow their BRAND NEW movies to rent for $5.

Seriously.  What are you smoking.

Your not paying attention, studios already do that for some movies.
    Releasing it before BlueRay is another smart idea.
  • Reply 28 of 65
    I guess you never read documentaries about world war 1, world war 2, and vietnam.

You don't get it and I cannot help you to get it. Move on, already.
  • Reply 29 of 65
    crowley wrote: »
    What's a BIG TIME movie?

Sog has no idea what he's talking about with regard to movies.
  • Reply 30 of 65
    Any move that grosses more $100,000,000

:lol: that's only known after the fact
  • Reply 31 of 65
    Of course I can.  And I did.  I wrote a short summary of Episode3 before it came out.  It was nothing like what Lucas wrote.  But who cares.  That's not my universe.  

Go write your own universe.  Stop telling someone (Lucas) how his universe suppose to be like.

You do understand that Lucas no longer makes the decisions, right? And the script for Episode VII was completely reworked by JJ Abrams?
  • Reply 32 of 65
    Sog has no idea what he's talking about with regard to movies.

You mean just add movies to the long list of things he knows nothing about. :lol:
  • Reply 33 of 65
    So Lucas did not have creative control of Episode3?  lol.  

Eyeroll.
  • Reply 34 of 65
    No movie that went STRAIGHT to video made even close to $100,000,000.

Mainly because they didn't need to make $100 million to recover the cost of making them.
  • Reply 35 of 65
    I'm not the dummy who said that movie studio's should release all their movies for rent on OPENING DAY for $5.

That is flat out stupidity.  Do you realize how much $ they would lose doing something that stupid?

I never said I agreed with it, and yes you're absolutely correct. It would be an unwise decision.
  • Reply 36 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

So some one who killed a child while fighting in WAR is unredeemable?  So i guess we have TENS OF THOUSAND of unredeemable war veterans. 

You know of a war veteran who knowingly and purposefully massacred a school of children?  If so, I suggest you talk to the authorities because that is a very serious war crime.

• Reply 37 of 65
    Quote:

Name me all the financially successful movies that went STRAIGHT to rental?

I would wager that a greater proportion of straight-to-rental movies are financially successful than theatrical releases.

• Reply 38 of 65
    Quote:

So Lucas did not have creative control of Episode3?  lol.  

Who on earth said that?  It's like you're arguing with imaginary people.

• Reply 39 of 65
    redefilerredefiler Posts: 323member
    You do understand that Lucas no longer makes the decisions, right? And the script for Episode VII was completely reworked by JJ Abrams?

Not quite. Abrams re-worked, re-worked script was deemed unworthy and Lawrence Kasdan was later brought in to help/save the project.

He's such a lazy, franchise cockroach, can't wait for Rian Johnson to take over before it all gets Abramsed.
  • Reply 40 of 65
    Quote:

who dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima?  Is he up for war crimes?

That is a point much argued over.  Many say yes.  I fail to see what you're trying to achieve with your weird tangents of justifying the prequel trilogy's plot points.

Some people didn't like it.  Accept it.