Apple Watch orders will be online-only during launch period due to strong demand

Comments

• Reply 21 of 170
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,329member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

I will preorder sight unseen myself but I think it'll be a huge turn off if people come to the store and try it on and then the employee says okay well thanks for coming now go on your lonesome on your iPhone or iPad or go home to your computer or go to one of these Macs in the Apple Store and login to our online store and order from there.

I just hope that the employee working with the person to demo the ? Watch will walk them through the order process in the store if the customer wants to do so so. There should be no lag time between a person demoing the watch and wanting to order if they so choose.

Now the real question I have that I haven't found an answer to anywhere else…when can I schedule an appointment to demo the ? Watch? Is the scheduling of appointments going to be available at midnight Friday when preorders become available?

Just order through the app, and expect that the store employee will help with that, forcibly if necessary (I'll make a scene if you don't!). 

• Reply 22 of 170
    kindredmac wrote: »
    So in order to get an Apple Watch, you will pretty much have to order one before you go in for your appt... Meaning that if you order a 42mm, then go to your appt and realize you actually want the 38mm (or vice versa) you will have to cancel your previous order and reorder, hoping that there were anymore left to order from?

Or go in store, try one on and order it when you get home, or on your phone while you're in the store.
  • Reply 23 of 170
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I heard Nilay Patel was on CNBC this morning trashing ?Watch but the hosts were having none of it and pushing back. I hope they put that video on line. I'd love to see it.
  • Reply 24 of 170
    robbiunorobbiuno Posts: 26member
    "Apple's retail chief is apparently hoping to change customer opinion that the company's product launches come standard with long lines, constrained channel supply, and low in-store inventory."

But reading between the lines they say there will be limited supply and low inventory.

And all they've done is removed the ordering/buying queue and replaced it with picking up queuing.

So this launch will be standard for Apple.
  • Reply 25 of 170
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cgs268 View Post

I truly wish them the best of luck... but the pricing of these watches is ridiculous. I was expecting the price to be half as much and I was still not convinced I needed one. But now it's a definite no.

That's great, thanks for sharing.

• Reply 26 of 170
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    sog35 wrote: »
    You are not getting the watch. PERIOD.  So why grumble that you won't be able to try it on first?  You aint getting it anyway.

Sounds like you just want to bitch about something.

I suppose it would pointless to state the obvious: You're the one doing all of the bitching.
  • Reply 27 of 170
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Expecting a full stainless steel watch to be priced at $500 is ridiculous.

Expecting the sport to start at $175 is ridiculous.

Expecting a solid 18k gold watch to start at $5000 is ridiculous.

The only ridiculous thing is your price expectations.

IMO, you should buy an Android watch if you are so hard up for cash.

You forgot to stamp your little feet.

• Reply 28 of 170
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    cgs268 wrote: »
    I truly wish them the best of luck... but the pricing of these watches is ridiculous. I was expecting the price to be half as much and I was still not convinced I needed one. But now it's a definite no.

that was an unreasonable delusion on your part. apples fit and finish are second to none. $350 is less than the original 64gb iPod in 2001, and half of what my iPhone cost.
  • Reply 29 of 170
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgs268 View Post

that was an unreasonable delusion on your part. apples fit and finish are second to none. $350 is less than the original 64gb iPod in 2001, and half of what my iPhone cost.

The 2001 iPod was 5GB. I know. I bought one. The Apple Watch has more storage than that.

• Reply 30 of 170
    Because I wouldn't. That you would is irrelevant to my decision making. At this point, it's not even clear this story is accurate, so why are you getting your panties in a bunch?

seems you're the one with bunched up panties -- claiming you won't sight unseen, when it turns out you won't buy anyway.
  • Reply 31 of 170
    No.  You are the one bitching.  

You said you would not buy a watch without SEEING IT FIRST.  Why even bring that up since you already a made a decision not to buy it?  

You are the same guy that said Apple PURPOSELY made less watches than demand.  Flatout LIES.

Time for you to take a timeout.
  • Reply 32 of 170
    cgs268cgs268 Posts: 55member
    Quote:

Most idiotic thing I've heard here in a while.   

Ok, please get over it now.

Or just go away.

I don't need your disagreement or your enlightened commentary.

• Reply 33 of 170
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The 2001 iPod was 5GB. I know. I bought one.

So no inflation since 2001?  Nice job.

What?

• Reply 34 of 170
    tonton wrote: »

The 2001 iPod was 5GB. I know. I bought one. The Apple Watch has more storage than that.

my bad - I was thinking the highest capacity but that was only 10gb in 2001. and it was $399. even more pricey...
  • Reply 35 of 170
    cgs268cgs268 Posts: 55member
    Quote:

That you don't know the differences between an iPod touch and AppleWatch does make you ignorant.

It is not a disagreement of opinion.  It is a FACT.

You're an idiot. I know very well they're different. YOU highlighted my sentence. So go back and read it. 

• Reply 36 of 170

What?

the point is to claim this device is overpriced at 350 in today's dollars is insane, especially compared to $399 in 2001's dollars.
  • Reply 37 of 170
    Exactly.  Guy is bitching for no reason.  He already made up his mind no reason to bitch more.

Remember this is the same guy that said Apple PURPOSELY makes fewer devices then demand for marketing reason.  Seriously.

You have issues, dude. Reading comprehension issues and hypersensitivity.
  • Reply 38 of 170
    cgs268 wrote: »
    The point I'm making is that I'd be happy to buy something I don't need (because my iPhone pretty much does everything I'd use the Watch for) with the expectation that this new gadget would be priced according to its size. I mean, the Watch is a small iPod touch. At $175 I would consider the Sport model.  Now, this is a personal decision that only affects me, so I don't understand why you're getting up in arms. 

I didn't know Android made watches, so I'll leave that buying option to you.

Android totally makes watches. They made them first, and they all cost $175 for the sport version, and are a tiny Android tablet on your wrist, and it's totally something you don't need. You should go to the Android Store and check it out. Android makes great watches.
  • Reply 39 of 170
    therfmantherfman Posts: 52member
    Apple Store in Hong Kong told me they will have watches on display at opening time tomorrow morning, so, if accurate, the same should be true for Australia.

Problem for me is that I'm not currently using my credit cards, so I guess I can't preorder, even if I'm holding $600 in cash to get one in my hand.

You can always go to a store today, buy a gift card, and use that to order online.
  • Reply 40 of 170
    I think you need to take a timeout.  Why even waste your time on an AppleWatch thread since you already made a decision not to buy it?  I don't waste my time making posts on a Moto360 discussion.

You and I are guests here. You don't own this thread and you need to step away for five minutes before you make your next post.