Pitty-Party for me...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
CRAP! The good news for me, is I will be performing this year with my band at the NAMM show down in Nashville. The NAMM show is a Music Manufacturer's trade-show (instruments, Fender, Tama, Ibanez, Roland, ProTools, etc.). It should prove to be fun and exciting.

Bad news...? SAME TIME AS MWNY!!!! I fly-out of town DURING the frickin' KEYNOTE. My flight is around 9:am that Wednesday... and for the most part, I will not have access to a computer while down there... unless I can find one somewhere... but all-in-all... I won't get to see the real-deal until I return that Sunday. Grrr...!

*sigh* - I know there's nothing anyone here can do to help me... but I just needed to "vent" to people that would understand my pain.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    You have my pitty

Anyone out there going to be watching the keynote? Maybe with friends? Popcorn? I am.

J :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 5
    scott f.scott f. Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jamie:

<strong>You have my pitty

Anyone out there going to be watching the keynote? Maybe with friends? Popcorn? I am.

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

To elaborate... normally I watch the keynotes full-screen on my 19" monitor live... for some reason, with my DSL connection... I never seem to have the problems that OTHERS complain about with the Keynote streams... I have never been "Bumped" or lost connection... on few occasions, I have had a few frames drop from video while the audio stays consistent, but other than that... I always get a great connection.

Man... now I'm really bummed. I'm gonna miss the opportunity catch a possible "Oh, and one more thing..." in real-time.

Are the Apple stores gonna display the Keynote in their "Theaters"...?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott F.:

<strong>

Are the Apple stores gonna display the Keynote in their "Theaters"...?</strong><hr></blockquote>

They did during MWSF.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    Well, I am reminded of what I did when lost in detroid and in need of a map.

I walked into a Circuit City, went to MapQuest on one of their internet demo machines, and got the info I needed.

I'm sure a similar strategy could be used to get apple news.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    scott f.scott f. Posts: 276member
    yeah... I'm sure I can "hit the site" when it's all said and done... but I also want to view the stream... which requires a decent connection and an hour or two to kill... not something CompUSA can provide.

DAMN! I just checked... no Apple store in Nashville... bummer.

- Scott