Apple to show 'the future of iOS and OS X' at WWDC June 8-12

Comments

• Reply 21 of 167
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Am I the only one who thinks the taglines are a bit ominous?

Or hopefully just alphabetically correct ;)
  • Reply 22 of 167
    r210r210 Posts: 13member

As has been for a while now, lots of overlap.

• Reply 23 of 167
    Spamsandwich

It's code and pretty obvious at that.

What will be at the epicenter of the future?

A square black thing with rounded edges.

Keep thinking. It will come to you.
  • Reply 24 of 167
    sog35 wrote: »
    agree.  Both have added a ton of new features the last 3 years.  Its time to make it run more efficently with less bugs and it will be close to perfect

I've found OS X just gets better and better. Back in the days SL's apparently almost bug free fame, it wasn't running the mass of internet related background tasks we are today. Just think of what OS X is doing these days from Airplay to iCloud to name two of many. Throw in a slow internet, a lousy USB2 external drive, old software, corrupted directories and catalog tracks from countless forces shut downs etc. and you have what seem like bugs. As long as the average user is a 'smart' as he or she is, we will always have a plethora of 'bugs' which most of the time are user issues. This is why iOS was developed, remove the ability for the clueless to do harm. :D
  • Reply 25 of 167
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Spamsandwich

It's code and pretty obvious at that.

What will be at the epicenter of the future?

A square black thing with rounded edges.

Keep thinking. It will come to you.

Burned toast?
  • Reply 26 of 167
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prokip View Post

Why does it have to cost so much?

Their price of admission is actually pretty average compared to other conferences. Conferences aren't cheap, perhaps in part because tickets are often paid for by employers. On the brighter side, with a $99 developer account you get access to most of the content from the comfort of home. The main thing you lose is networking opportunities.

• Reply 27 of 167
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I've found OS X just gets better and better. Back in the days SL's apparently almost bug free fame, it wasn't running the mass of internet related background tasks we are today. Just think of what OS X is doing these days from Airplay to iCloud to name two of many. Throw in a slow internet, a lousy USB2 external drive, old software, corrupted directories and catalog tracks from countless forces shut downs etc. and you have what seem like bugs. As long as the average user is a 'smart' as he or she is, we will always have a plethora of 'bugs' which most of the time are user issues. This is why iOS was developed, remove the ability for the clueless to do harm. image

Ok, but whatever have to "just works". That kind of rhetoric sounds like an Windows excuse in 1998, sure there are bugs but its complicated and users are morons. It's an excuse, not an explanation.

• Reply 28 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacApfel View Post

App icons on the Apple Watch are round.

Not earth-shattering, but perhaps design-wise iOS will move away from the square-with-rounded corners design of the app icons.  Apple Watch icons are round & several icons in OS X are becoming round - i.e. the recently updated Photos app.

• Reply 29 of 167
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I mostly agree.

But my 2013 MacMini takes significantly longer to load since i upgraded to Yosemite.  It use to take 5 seconds, now it takes 10 seconds.  May not seem like much but if the next OS X takes 30 seconds I'll be pissed since I paid big $ for the Apple SSD for quick bootups

I remember that they went out of their way to fix that from 10.0 to 10.3, make startup faster. Thats important. Shutdown has to stop all the apps in order so it is always slow, and they have got better on sleep over time. Login is messier because they insist on launching apps in parallel.

• Reply 30 of 167
    I mostly agree.

But my 2013 MacMini takes significantly longer to load since i upgraded to Yosemite.  It use to take 5 seconds, now it takes 10 seconds.  May not seem like much but if the next OS X takes 30 seconds I'll be pissed since I paid big $ for the Apple SSD for quick bootups

There something odd about low end macs. I bought a bottom end Mac mini in 2014 to use as a Crush server and it is as slow as hell too, ten seconds would be great! I was going to rip out its HD and stick in an SSD until I saw the 'how to' and OMG what a nightmare to do. BTW I swear my white MacBook G4 is faster running Leopard.
  • Reply 31 of 167
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by prokip View Post

Why does it have to cost so much?

Why can't you afford it?

• Reply 32 of 167
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Am I the only one who thinks the taglines are a bit ominous?

You are the only one.

• Reply 33 of 167
    prolineproline Posts: 222member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

LOL

What's so funny? Keeping out those who have no sincere desire to develop for Apple products but just want to see the keynote is exactly why it costs $1600.

• Reply 34 of 167
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Interesting. I instantly disliked it. Should be more succinct and positive, IMO.

How about: "Let's change the world" or "Better get ready" instead?

So glad you don't work for Apple.

• Reply 35 of 167
    asdasd wrote: »

Ok, but whatever have to "just works". That kind of rhetoric sounds like an Windows excuse in 1998, sure there are bugs but its complicated and users are morons. It's an excuse, not an explanation.

It's both an excuse and an explanation ... hence iOS. I know as I am sure you do, tons of folks who now use an iPad instead of an old Windows box as all they do is email and browse the web. That was the genius of iOS to start with. Mac users were a bit more tech savvy I think back in the day and far fewer too. Today with Macs selling like hot cakes Apple do now have a similar problem of morons using them to be sure. Last week I had to help out a woman who had multiple (and different) entries in her Keychain for the same sites, thought the only way to find her own web site was to enter key words in Google and complained her internet was down but hadn't plugged her AE back in after her teenagers had taken it out of the loop so they could port forward on the Verizon modem to play network games on an X-Box. I suggested she bought an iPad! :)
  • Reply 36 of 167
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    delete this comment

• Reply 37 of 167
    phone-ui-guyphone-ui-guy Posts: 1,019member

Mac OS X San Andreas! :D 

• Reply 38 of 167
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member

I have a modest wish for Craig Federighi:

Just update all the icons of OSX to rounded squares and I will be a happy man :))

One more thing: Replace the eagle stamp with the iOS mail logo.

• Reply 39 of 167
    I predict a whole new human to computer interface, gesture, visual, and force touch control inputs, centered in the space in front of the screen and, or above the keyboard, fully developed, polished, tested and finished and available today... I'd like to imagine it as Steve's last project.
  • Reply 40 of 167
    Logo looks like an Apple TV.

Not sure what the circles are for.  A round watch?  lol.

The circles probably represent the Apple Watch's round icons.