Apogee's MetaRecorder field recording app offloads controls to Apple Watch

Posted:
in iPhone edited April 2015
Digital audio equipment and software maker Apogee on Tuesday announced the debut of MetaRecorder, an iOS field recording app with advanced features like multi-track support, tagging, file management and even remote control functionality with Apple Watch.

Billed as the first audio recording app for iOS to offer multi-take recording tagging and file organization, MetaRecorder brings high-quality two-channel field recording capabilities to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

MetaRecorder was designed to complement and control Apogee's MiC microphone and Apogee-powered Sennheiser digital clip-on microphones. Slated for release in July, Sennheiser's ClipMic digital and pro-level MKE 2 digital feature Lightning connectivity and support for 24-bit/96kHz sampling rates.

One of the main draws for filmmakers is the ability to add custom Final Cut Pro XML metadata tags and markers while recording in the field. These markers can be used to organize clips and simplify the editing process. The app also features hooks into Dropbox for uploading metadata and audio files.

Finally, a companion app offloads critical functions to Apple Watch, allowing users to start and stop recording, add a take to Favorites, add metadata markers and set microphone levels, all from their wrist.

MetaRecorder is free to download and try out, but continuous recording is limited to 60 seconds. For a limited time, users can connect compatible Apogee or Sennheiser devices to permanently unlock continuous recording without paying the normal $4.99 in-app fee.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    It's exciting to see firms beginning to explore use-cases for the Apple Watch. Not all will survive, but we get to watch the evolution of an ecosystem.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member

I want a metronome app that silently taps the beat on my wrist (no visuals, either).

• Reply 3 of 9
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    pscooter63 wrote: »
    I want a metronome app that silently taps the beat on my wrist (no visuals, either).

Nice. And you're a nice guy to give that idea away.

Meanwhile, like Siprescott says, watching the apps begin to bloom is a thing of beauty.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

Great idea!

• Reply 5 of 9
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

Write it and upload it...

• Reply 6 of 9
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

To bad you can't connect to Dropbox as the app is still in "development" mode and needs to be change to "production" mode.  You developers might know what that entails...

• Reply 7 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I am seriously starting to feel like I was born a few decades too soon darn it.
  • Reply 8 of 9

icoco3, thanks for mentioning this. Shortly after we launched the App, we achieved "Production" status with Dropbox. All should be good now.

- Apogee

• Reply 9 of 9
    pdxbasspdxbass Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I'm unable to share to dropbox, the error says that the API has changed.