DODOcase announces dual charging dock for Apple Watch and iPhone

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited May 2015
DODOcase on Thursday debuted its second Apple Watch accessory in the form of a book-like organizer with wooden charging stand and cable tamer capable of powering both Apple's new wearable and an iPhone.

Simply called the Dual Charging Dock Organizer, DODOcase's upcoming product sports the company's familiar book-bound cover construction with Baltic Birch wood tray with steel inserts for storing Apple Watch and iPhone chargers and cables.

When the dock is open, a groove mitered into the tray's rear section holds any iPhone model upright, even if it has a case on it. A small round cutout is featured prominently in front of the iPhone dock and holds Apple's magnetic induction charger for Apple Watch, allowing the device to lay flat while charging.

Underneath, the tray is hollowed out to facilitate cable routing and provide storage space for power adapters, headphones, Watch straps and other equipment. As with other recently announced Watch docks, users provide their own chargers and cables.

Available in "Indigo/Harbor" and "Charcoal/Dove" colors, the DODOcase Dual Charging Dock Organizer comes in at a preorder price of $59.95 (MSRP will be $79.95) and is expected to ship out four to six weeks after Apple Watch launches on April 24. The company is also offering a last chance preorder deal on its Apple Watch Charging Stand, dropping the price down from an MSRP of $99.95 to $73.95 until Friday at midnight Eastern time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,616member
    Are they taking the piss? You could rattle a stand out of a bit of wood in 2 mins to hold a phone, tablet and watch in 2 minutes for way less than this crap. Seriously, you could get a bit of wood plus a hand tool and boom you are done. Plus others out there have far better looking bits of kit for less.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Wow that's ugly! And $60 for 8 inch of 2 by 4 is crazy.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    that looks like something out of my kid's shop class. except i dont have a kid.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    You guys should probably look up what the word "mitered" actually means...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    felixerfelixer Posts: 34member
    This is awful in oh so many ways...
  • Reply 6 of 14

You guys should look up the meaning of the word "mitered."

• Reply 7 of 14
    scottjdscottjd Posts: 64member
    Looking at the pictures on the dodo site I would say it won't work with any band that does not lay flat, but they don't mention that. The steal link, Melanie loop, neither of those will work with this charging base unless you take off one side of the band.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    DooDoo case
  • Reply 9 of 14
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member

Methinks the writer is not into woodworking... that groove was more likely created with a plunge router, not a miter saw.

Perhaps "milled" might have been the better choice of verb.

• Reply 10 of 14
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    that looks like something out of my kid's shop class. except i dont have a kid.

Someone's kid could've done it!
  • Reply 11 of 14
    neilmneilm Posts: 985member

And the photo conveniently shows it without any cables, making the stand look tidier than it will be in actual use. Why one earth didn't they incorporate the iPhone's Lightning cable in the slot for a stand-up arrangement?

This thing is a fail in so many ways.

• Reply 12 of 14

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that thing is somewhat less than esthetically pleasing.

• Reply 13 of 14
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilM View Post

And the photo conveniently shows it without any cables, making the stand look tidier than it will be in actual use. Why one earth didn't they incorporate the iPhone's Lightning cable in the slot for a stand-up arrangement?

This thing is a fail in so many ways.

The photos on their web site shows how it works with cables. Not sure I love this solution either, but at least they've taken cable stowage into account, something Apple never has done (to my perpetual annoyance).

• Reply 14 of 14
    I have been looking around for a while and came across the Night Stand by Element 13. I think it's the best looking option so far. Much better than this thing.

http://www.element-13.com