Roommates stab each other with beer bottles in iPhone vs. Android dispute

Comments

• Reply 21 of 101
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    i thinks it's safe to assume that the people in this forum should never meet in person.

You got that right. Specially if one Of then is Benjamin
  • Reply 22 of 101
    iaeen wrote: »
    So, who won?

iPhone of course! ????
  • Reply 23 of 101
    I hope to goodness this doesn't make national headlines, makes us Oklahomans look like crazies.

Oh you know it will be blown out of proportion. Sorry!
  • Reply 24 of 101
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

We can all laugh at the stupidity of this, but with the general nastiness that permeates the web and the inclination to bring every issue, no matter how trivial, to the level of a thousand-year-old religious argument, it should be no surprise that this boils over into non-virtual life.

Everyone needs to calm down, get a life and if they have to argue at all, argue about things that matter.

I like my iPhone and Mac, but I couldn't care less whether anyone else uses one.    And if you think a Samsung/Android phone is better for you, that's fine with me.   In fact, even if you hate Apple, that's fine with me.

• Reply 25 of 101
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

I hope to goodness this doesn't make national headlines, makes us Oklahomans look like crazies.

Hey, Oklahoma has nothing on Floriduh.

• Reply 26 of 101
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

So that's what BF has been up to since being banned. We knew he was a closet Android user.

Hmmm.... the article mentions nothing that it took place in a basement bedroom.  Are you certain it's BF??  :)

• Reply 27 of 101
    zoetmb wrote: »
    We can all laugh at the stupidity of this, but with the general nastiness that permeates the web and the inclination to bring every issue, no matter how trivial, to the level of a thousand-year-old religious argument, it should be no surprise that this boils over into non-virtual life.

Everyone needs to calm down, get a life and if they have to argue at all, argue about things that matter.

I like my iPhone and Mac, but I couldn't care less whether anyone else uses one.    And if you think a Samsung/Android phone is better for you, that's fine with me.   In fact, even if you hate Apple, that's fine with me.

Unfortunately, it's not just about you and the other person. Often it's also about the (flawed) implicit assumption that the 'winning argument' convinces some third party watching/reading the debate, and the further (flawed) implicit assumption that the conviction will result in mass purchases of the winning platform to the eternal doom, damnation, and detriment of the losing platform.
  • Reply 28 of 101
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    Come on. Blame the DRINKING, not iphone vs android !!! Otherwise millions would be injured or dead by now.
  • Reply 29 of 101
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member

• Reply 30 of 101
    The Android fan should have told his roommate he was a concerned Apple fan who is worried about the direction Tim Cook is taking the company since Steve died. And if challenged, just spout a list of supposed Apple products he owned, including the Pippin.
  • Reply 31 of 101
    thedbathedba Posts: 762member
    creek0512 wrote: »
    The good news is BOTH of them got stabbed.

Darwin award candidates.
  • Reply 32 of 101
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post

Darwin award candidates.

Don't you have to die (or be sterilized) in order to be a Darwin Award candidate/recipient?

• Reply 33 of 101
    The iPhone owner probably remembered to crack his to create a pointed edge.
  • Reply 34 of 101
    thedbathedba Posts: 762member
    mazda 3s wrote: »

Don't you have to die (or be sterilized) in order to be a Darwin Award candidate/recipient?
    Not necessarily. If I remember correctly,they once awarded it to a guy named Larry,who attached a bunch of helium baloons to his lawn chair and was eventually picked up by the Coast Guard, somewhere off the Pacific coast. He was suffering from hypothermia but lived to tell the story.
  • Reply 35 of 101
    iaeen wrote: »
    So, who won?

The Android guy probably has one of these beauties:

If that's winning... I'd hate to see losing...
  • Reply 36 of 101
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member

I think you don't have anything to worry about. Oklahoma is already right behind Florida, Texas and Kansas as the craziest state in the Union.
  • Reply 38 of 101
    Darwin Award candidates!!
  • Reply 39 of 101
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Isn't there an app for that?
  • Reply 40 of 101
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    zoetmb wrote: »

I agree but it would be nice if those anti Apple F*******s would leave this blog and stop trolling. :D

But ... back to the fight ... I bet the Android user had a really old version of the beer bottle.