Roommates stab each other with beer bottles in iPhone vs. Android dispute

Comments

• Reply 81 of 101
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    I bet the iPhone user broke his bottle first, and then the Android user copied him.

This post made me literally laugh out loud!

I wonder if they were drinking the same brand of beer?
  • Reply 82 of 101
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member

I know people got hurt, but darn, this if funny.

• Reply 83 of 101
    I agree but it would be nice if those anti Apple F*******s would leave this blog and stop trolling. :D

But ... back to the fight ... I bet the Android user had a really old version of the beer bottle.

And it was a plastic bottle at that.
  • Reply 84 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

Did you hear the recent This Week in Tech podcast? Leo Laporte said "if aliens ever visited Earth and you showed them an iPhone and an high-end Android phone they would say that the Android phone is clearly superior". He also said that the "iPhone is so constipated it's unbelievable!". I think he's referring to the restricted customisation options for the home screen. The fact that an iPhone is stuck with a grid of icons that cannot be populated with widgets, and other user configurable options is a disadvantage in my opinion.

Having said that, I remain an iPhone user and recently bought a 6 after looking at the Android alternatives. I do hope Apple decides to open up the home screen much more in future versions.

Yeah, if aliens visited from another GALAXY, I'm sure they'd be mighty impressed with any technology we have. It'd be like a neanderthal showing you one sharpened stick vs another slightly different sharpened stick and you choosing which one is "superior."

• Reply 85 of 101
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    mobius wrote: »
    Did you hear the recent This Week in Tech podcast? Leo Laporte said "if aliens ever visited Earth and you showed them an iPhone and an high-end Android phone they would say that the Android phone is clearly superior". He also said that the "iPhone is so constipated it's unbelievable!". I think he's referring to the restricted customisation options for the home screen. The fact that an iPhone is stuck with a grid of icons that cannot be populated with widgets, and other user configurable options is a disadvantage in my opinion.

Having said that, I remain an iPhone user and recently bought a 6 after looking at the Android alternatives. I do hope Apple decides to open up the home screen much more in future versions.

What are the odds of aliens traveling light years to get here just to critique smart phones. Somehow I would suspect if they have the technology to get here, they would find smart phones as primitive as we find two tin cans and a string.
  • Reply 86 of 101
    jmc54jmc54 Posts: 207member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post

I'm surprised it didn't bend!

• Reply 87 of 101
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodshotrollin'red View Post

I had concerns that whilst Apple was increasing its penetration of the tech market it would start to catch PC chavs in its nets. Sadly, this is precisely what has happened. There was a time when Mac using people, whom one knew, would be intelligent, articulate and reasoned in left of centre politics; generally nice, honest people. Of course there were those amongst them who were nauseatingly zealous about things Apple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

congratulations, you win the Nonsense Troll Of the Day Award!

Yeah, he should have stopped after the first paragraph. Clearly Apple users are no longer the elite clique they were. In my opinion the entire global modern tech population has become much more angry and ugly. That, I can agree with and obviously  it has spilled over into the Apple user base. There is, of course, no logical reason to reminisce on the past when Apple users were a sophisticated niche of graphic designers. Those days are gone. I, at least, give him props for the use of the word "chavs" in reference to Windows users. Peace...

• Reply 88 of 101
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

What are the odds of aliens traveling light years to get here just to critique smart phones. Somehow I would suspect if they have the technology to get here, they would find smart phones as primitive as we find two tin cans and a string.

Maybe they'd be intrigued by our emoji, import them to their own planet using whatever alien color and avatar they have there ;-).

• Reply 89 of 101
    RE daveinpublic:

"I hope to goodness this doesn't make national headlines, makes us Oklahomans look like crazies."

Too late.
  • Reply 90 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Yeah, he should have stopped after the first paragraph. Clearly Apple users are no longer the elite clique they were. In my opinion the entire global modern tech population has become much more angry and ugly. That, I can agree with and obviously  it has spilled over into the Apple user base. There is, of course, no logical reason to reminisce on the past when Apple users were a sophisticated niche of graphic designers. Those days are gone. I, at least, give him props for the use of the word "chavs" in reference to Windows users. Peace...

Steve Jobs was not alive when Android OS reached pandemic numbers. I stick by my opinion that Steve Jobs would not have witnessed Apple customers "bottling" Android users. Tempers flared between PC and Mac users but I don't think blood was spilt in drunken brawls.

• Reply 91 of 101
    Moral? Don%u2019t ever get DRUNK!!

Top 10 BEST Android Apps of April 2015:
    http://www.techoxygen.com/top-10-best-android-apps-of-april-2015/
  • Reply 92 of 101
    Moral? Don%u2019t get DRUNK!!
  • Reply 93 of 101
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    mazda 3s wrote: »

Don't you have to die (or be sterilized) in order to be a Darwin Award candidate/recipient?
    thedba wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If I remember correctly,they once awarded it to a guy named Larry,who attached a bunch of helium baloons to his lawn chair and was eventually picked up by the Coast Guard, somewhere off the Pacific coast. He was suffering from hypothermia but lived to tell the story.
    "Lawn Chair Larry" only got an Honorable Mention, as he didn't actually remove himself from the gene pool, which is the main requirement for the Darwin Award. (see the Rules: http://darwinawards.com/rules/ )

Larry did eventually kill himself, without leaving any offspring, but that doesn't seem to have boosted his status to full award winner.
  • Reply 94 of 101
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodshotrollin'red View Post

Steve Jobs was not alive when Android OS reached pandemic numbers. I stick by my opinion that Steve Jobs would not have witnessed Apple customers "bottling" Android users. Tempers flared between PC and Mac users but I don't think blood was spilt in drunken brawls.

I'm pretty sure that no one at Apple, past or present, would want to see fans standing up for their choice of operating system with violence.

• Reply 95 of 101
    raz0rraz0r Posts: 28member
    "iPhone owners will often claim features such as a smoother interface, better-integrated features and higher build quality..."

... and security... don't forget security... and Apple doesn't make money by selling YOU... 

Those are two of my strongest points that never get argument. 

Speaking as an iOS developer with some 3+ years of experience, I can tell you that there are ways, easy ways in which you can potentially link an app to an actual name and surname of the user along with their email address. Without having the user enter their personal info into the app itself.
    Apple makes this more difficult by removing any identifiable information that you could transmit to a server, but thanks to Google, there are still ways around that.

I'm not gonna go into details for obvious reasons here. Let's just say that the old rule of "if you want to remain anonymous, don't post your personal info to the web", in fact, still applies.
  • Reply 96 of 101
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    isteelers wrote: »

ROFL
  • Reply 97 of 101
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    Very funny posts.

1) this is an argument to legalize mm. When is the last time you read about two stoners getting in a fight and smashing beer bottles over each other's heads?

2) why does our capitalistic society turn every product choice into a tribal allegiance? People are like, I'm a BMW owner/I'm a member of that tribe. I'm a Colgate toothpaste user/ that's part of my identity.

I say phooey. I could care less if you use an Android, drive a Beamer, or wear Calvin Klein. Character cannot be bought refurbished from the Apple Store.

Having said that, DIE ANDROID USERS DIE /::: joking
  • Reply 98 of 101
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

I hope to goodness this doesn't make national headlines, makes us Oklahomans look like crazies.

And so you are claiming that Okies aren't crazy ¡

Reminds me of the punchline to a joke: "I maybe crazy, but I'm not stupid".

• Reply 99 of 101
    voanvoan Posts: 9member
    This is the results of years and years of inbreeding.
  • Reply 100 of 101
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    applegreen wrote: »
    Yup. I knew this would happen. If you use Android, malware will eventually get to your brain. :lol:
    News out this morning of a potential issue that could affect nearly all Android handsets in use. It takes advantage of a media feature in the OS itself. Apparently Google sent out updates in April to the OEM's but it's not clear which if any have actually pushed out the patches. That might explain a recent and unexpected Moto update couple weeks back and why an ATT one is delayed due to a last minute change. Others may be doing the same. While Google can do a fix for something like Hangouts directly thru Google Play Services, and may have, the exploit itself which affects far more messaging services needs an OS update to completely mitigate the risk. Reportedly about 11% of devices, those running versions older than Jellybean, are most at risk.

Details will be released at Blackhat. Until then it's not known what the actual risks are but this should be enough impetus for OEM's to push the fixes Google already gave them. Not good.