Apple starts charging Apple Watch orders, preparing units for shipping

Comments

• Reply 21 of 116
    Apple took my money. Status is preparing to ship!
  • Reply 22 of 116

Ordered 5 -- one for each member of the household ...

Last one ordered is preparing for shipment and cc charged ...

Ordered that SKU because it was the only one still showing April 24 shipping:

Apple Watch Sport 38mm Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band

It's for my granddaughter* -- figure she'll by several bands ...

* 'Course, I'll need to fuly check it out, first -- and make sure it runs the Watch apps I've been writing ...

Have one more scheduled for April 24 (still shows as Processing). Hope it ships soon so we can experience the special inter-Watch communication.
  • Reply 23 of 116
    Curious about which models are beginning to ship. Are they all aluminum models or are some stainless steel, too?
  • Reply 24 of 116
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    I changed my mind to space gray Sport after seeing it next to SS. $200 doesn't justify the SS case with Sapphire glass for me.
    I was tending in that direction.

But maybe the difference between April and June (plus sapphire) is worth something...
  • Reply 25 of 116
    felixcfelixc Posts: 3member

Ordered mine at 12:06 AM PST, SS with black leather band. No change to status yet, still processing

• Reply 26 of 116
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member

Much as I would have liked to receive my watches on launch day, there is an upside: this first "wave" just became beta testers. :-) I wouldn't be surprised if my watches that ship in "June" have software updates waiting for them on arrival. 

• Reply 27 of 116
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    tanderson4 wrote: »
    Curious about which models are beginning to ship. Are they all aluminum models or are some stainless steel, too?

This.

Also, is anyone in the 4-6 week camp seeing progress, or is it all confirmed launch day?
  • Reply 28 of 116

It would have been a bit more helpful if the article had mentioned which combination of models and straps were the ones being prepared for shipment.

• Reply 29 of 116
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Much as I would have liked to receive my watches on launch day, there is an upside: this first "wave" just became beta testers. :-) I wouldn't be surprised if my watches that ship in "June" have software updates waiting for them on arrival. 

Huh?

• Reply 30 of 116

Sounds like it's sport models with sport bands only. Our steels are nowhere to be seen, even though we ordered ours seconds after they were available for order.

• Reply 31 of 116

I ordered a Stainless Steel 42mm with white sport band and it says Preparing for Shipment, so it is most definitely NOT just the Sport Watches that are getting ready to ship.

• Reply 32 of 116
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Sounds like it's sport models with sport bands only. Our steels are nowhere to be seen, even though we ordered ours seconds after they were available for order.

Same here. (Although, mine was about a minute after the store opened...:grumble:)

• Reply 33 of 116
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    To all of you whose orders are preparing to ship: I hate you.

Thanks

???? me too for now! Hopefully I will get mine charge soon ????????
  • Reply 34 of 116
    applezilla wrote: »
    I ordered a stainless steel with white sport band and it says preparing for shipment .
  • Reply 35 of 116
    Mine is stainless with white sport band and its preparing for shipment
  • Reply 36 of 116
    fazzterfazzter Posts: 120member

Just ordered two today for the wife and I. I went with the 42mm Space gray sport with a black sport band, she did the same but the 38mm. I like the stainless steel but the increase in price just isn't worth it to me. Also I wanted to see them in person and try them on before I commited to a purchase. So now I get to wait awhile. That's ok.

• Reply 37 of 116
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Same here. (Although, mine was about a minute after the store opened...:grumble:)

Likewise. My 42mm with the Milanese Loop still says "in process" with the 4-24 to 5-8 arrival window. No charge to my card.

• Reply 38 of 116
    Hmmm, something seems fishy to me. The order info in the article shows delivery dates between May 13 -27 and it's preparing to ship now? That's a bit early isn't it? I ordered the exact same watch and my delivery dates are April 24 - May 8 and my credit card hasn't been charged and my order status is still sitting at processing. I'm raising the BS flag!
  • Reply 39 of 116
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    42mm Space Gray ?WATCH SPORT ordered within the first minute in California - still no joy. ???? Called Apple about the ?Pay crash on the 11th to make sure my card was still going to work and sure enough that crash caused my card to not work when Apple attempted to get an authorization for my Applecare+ while I was talking to the rep. She then changed my method of payment to directly charge the card I had successfully used with ?Pay on the 10th. So if you had that ?Pay disconnect on the 11th, you better call Apple to get it reinstated. I almost lost my place in the queue because of that ?Pay crash on the 11th that I only just now found out might have negatively impacted the completion of my order tonight.
  • Reply 40 of 116
    paulmjohnsonpaulmjohnson Posts: 1,380member
    applezilla wrote: »

Stainless Steel for me, with black leather classic band.

Ordered at 12:01, e-mail confirmation at 12:02.

Original confirm date of 4/24-5/8 (which it's still showing).

Preparing For Shipment now.