Beyonce seen sporting Apple Watch Edition with gold link bracelet

Comments

• Reply 41 of 162
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    nah

• Reply 42 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leighr View Post

You don't get it. Apple gives the celebrities the watch, yes, but they don't then keep paying them to wear it.

Well, I just refuse to believe that this is an advertising stunt.

They were probably given an opportunity to buy it first but I don't think this came out of Apple's advertising budget.

• Reply 43 of 162
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

I'd like to see a publicity stunt from Apple where they produce a watch and link bracelet made of Platinum 190, which is about a billion dollars an ounce. 

They could make it from that platinium / moon dust with Ivory inlays from some near extinct animal, to really move the insane luxury needle ;-)

• Reply 44 of 162
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    People really don't think about this the correct way.

A celebrity typically receives six to eight figures for a product endorsement deal. In those cases, yes, the compensation is key. In this situation, however, the value of an Apple Watch, even at $20k, is not sufficient to influence the celebrity. It's like someone giving you or I $200 to put our reputation and image on the line for a product. Clearly, if we didn't already believe in the product and think highly of it, we would not sell out so cheaply. Thus... it's not much of a leap to suggest that the value of the celebrity endorsement given in these cases is so much beyond the value of a free pre-release Apple Watch that we can safely infer that the celebrities are stoked about the product, that they believe it is something that represents them well, and that they are happy to be associated with Apple and to have access, whether free or if they had to pay for the Watch, prior to its general availability.

Yeah why is everyone assuming they got it for free? Is it impossible for them to have bought it ahead of time? Nah I don't think so! Haha anyways Apple doesn't have to pay anybody to wear/use their product, most celebs are more then willing to wear/use it. As far as I know. I don't think is as bad as some make it sound. And yes these people have followers that will be influence by them, even if you are not one of them.
  • Reply 45 of 162
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member

He would claim Apple copied them and show off the amazing Samsung innovation on his wrist.

• Reply 46 of 162
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    There's only one watch. They're just passing around one gold watch. :D
  • Reply 47 of 162
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    satchmo wrote: »
    There's only one watch. They're just passing around one gold watch. :D

That would be genius! They just take the picture and had to give it back. Sorry buy your own! ????
  • Reply 48 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarTheKat View Post

People really don't think about this the correct way.

A celebrity typically receives six to eight figures for a product endorsement deal. In those cases, yes, the compensation is key. In this situation, however, the value of an Apple Watch, even at $20k, is not sufficient to influence the celebrity. It's like someone giving you or I $200 to put our reputation and image on the line for a product. Clearly, if we didn't already believe in the product and think highly of it, we would not sell out so cheaply. Thus... it's not much of a leap to suggest that the value of the celebrity endorsement given in these cases is so much beyond the value of a free pre-release Apple Watch that we can safely infer that the celebrities are stoked about the product, that they believe it is something that represents them well, and that they are happy to be associated with Apple and to have access, whether free or if they had to pay for the Watch, prior to its general availability.

Considering that they do a lot of music deals with her I guess they could have given it to her.

This would be more like Beats marketing instead of Apple marketing. 

• Reply 49 of 162
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

I think this mean we will see an exclusive Beyoncé album on new Apple/Beat streaming service.

• Reply 50 of 162
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Rose gold with white sport band looks good on Anna Wintour too. I can tell you any Android Wear OEM would kill to have Anna Wintour wearing their watch.

2rgcsua.jpg

Actually, it completes her ensemble nicely. Imagine if she were carrying even a small clutch and she took her iPhone out to check the time, how gauche that would look. With the ?Watch, she can now do far more with the flick of her wrist than she could have with a mere timepiece, however stylish and pricey it might have been.

• Reply 51 of 162
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

Isn't Beyonce wearing the watch upside down? Wouldn't it be awkward to use the crown in that position? Your hand would be covering the face of the watch :???: 

• Reply 52 of 162
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    foggyhill wrote: »
    They could make it from that platinium / moon dust with Ivory inlays from some near extinct animal, to really move the insane luxury needle ;-)

This guy could afford one. :lol:

• Reply 53 of 162
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleinsiderFrm View Post

Afford them? They are getting paid to wear them.

Trust me.

Why do we have to trust you?

• Reply 54 of 162
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member

Beyonce has a Apple Watch… Dear Apple, I know you can draw a smiley face on your watch and send it to another Apple Watch, but is there a way to send an electrical shock?!?  Hell, I'd buy Gold one just to send Beyonce a little surprise, "How do you do? Love, from all the Mitches"  Life would be so sweet to see all that flop about!

• Reply 55 of 162
    kennmsrkennmsr Posts: 100member
    Celebrities don't wear everything that's given to them. Take the gift bags given at the Academy Awards most of the expensive gifts are never used and probably just re gifted to friends and staff. So if you want an Apple Watch on or before April 24th I guess you need to have a Grammy or be a fashion executive. While us peons have to get up at 3:00 am and try to pre-order, then have it delivered in late May!
  • Reply 56 of 162
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,328member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm no troll, but I would agree with any troll who uses that argument, because if the celebrities have to be given one for free, then they're not exactly honestly endorsing the product.

No endorsement expected; wear it or not. It's a gift with no strings attached.

"A token of our appreciation for your breadth of music on iTunes Store", "You made us a shedload of money".

• Reply 57 of 162
    krawallkrawall Posts: 162member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leighr View Post

You don't get it. Apple gives the celebrities the watch, yes, but they don't then keep paying them to wear it.

I see a lot of naivety here. Sorry to come across like this, but EVERYTHING in a celebrities life (the big ones, like Beyonce anyway) is planned and staged. Do you really think she would wear that watch without getting paid? No way. She probably has a lot of other things lined up that she needs to wear per contract Sure, she _could_ wear and refuse to wear whatever she wants, but then she wouldn't make sure that the watch was presented in her blog as she did.

Of course she has the means to buy it, but would she? They're ambassadors, they're doing advertisement. Have you heard of commercials? This is what they are doing, this is what they get paid for.  Clooney is an actor, perhaps, but he's (here) much more well know for his commercial activies (nespresso). I forgot which hollywood star is all over Japan with coffee, ah now I came across this one

http://filmjunk.com/2009/11/13/15-hilarious-japanese-commercials-starring-hollywood-actors/

It is COMMERCIAL.

It's BUSINESS. 

So, Will Carling has officially stated that he doesn't get paid wearing the watch. Great deal,... I didn't even know this guy, he can hardly be compared with Beyonce (who even I have heard of) under my secluded rock.

Please get a grip - celebrities will not buy Apple Gold watches, they have no reason to do this. You can't even buy that one anyway, and yes, it looks nice with the gold bracelet and all, I do like it, those guys that we see now wearing them have no need to BUY them  (they can't anyway as such an option doesn't exist, unless there's a fourth "Celebrity-"-Edition available that you can only reach if you have a login for https://celebrities-corner.apple.com/login but I don't have a login for that)

Is it clever marketing from Apple? Yes I believe so. Is it annoying seeing this while we are waiting for our watch to come? Clearly very annoying. Is it un-Apple? Yes in a way, because while Apple did use celebrities in the past, this massive rollout is a bit ... hmm ... too much ... for my taste... especially while I'm still waiting for any update on my order ... I feel slightly slapped in the face by all this.

• Reply 58 of 162
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

You need to sit down.

Get off your high horse and let the professionals do their job.  You obviously know NOTHING about marketing.

I am sitting.

You're right about one thing at least. I don't know much about marketing, and I've never claimed to know much about marketing. It's not my field.

What I do know is perception, and I'm just stating my thoughts on the topic. I hope that this is not the beginning of some new trend, or a shift in Apple, where a certain crowd will be given early access or even free access to many other Apple products in the future. I don't give a crap who they are. Beyonce, Karl Lagerfeld or any other weird people who wear sunglasses 24-7. 

When I buy my next iPad, I had better not see anybody with it, before I have it. I don't give a crap how famous they are or how much money they have. All Apple customers should be equal. First come, first serve.

• Reply 59 of 162
    Apple is doing a great job marketing the Watch. With that said I don't care for seeing all these celebrity pics of custom made watch bands that are not available to the general public. Companies that sale high end products such as Rolex, Bentley, Rolls Royce, etc don't even do this. Those companies make there products available to anyone who can afford it, celebrity or not.
  • Reply 60 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by portcity View Post

Apple is doing a great job marketing the Watch. With that said I don't care for seeing all these celebrity pics of custom made watch bands that are not available to the general public. Companies that sale high end products such as Rolex, Bentley, Rolls Royce, etc don't even do this. Those companies make there products available to anyone who can afford it, celebrity or not.

Not always. In the old days, only certain people were allowed to buy the Continental Mark II. Dealerships were allowed to turn customers away if they "didn't fit the image of a Continental owner". And they cost five times what a regular Ford did.

And yes, the Continental (which was not a Lincoln at that point) was very high end.