Apple starts charging Apple Watch orders, preparing units for shipping

Comments

• Reply 41 of 116
    Waaaaaiiiiiit a second.

I thought the Apple Watch was a failure? What's with all the posters talking about their orders being processed? Must be Apple fanboys¡
  • Reply 42 of 116

Likewise. My 42mm with the Milanese Loop still says "in process" with the 4-24 to 5-8 arrival window. No charge to my card.

I have a nasty feeling that the Milanese Loopers may be in for a bit of a wait....
  • Reply 43 of 116
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    I have a nasty feeling that the Milanese Loopers may be in for a bit of a wait....

Maybe, or perhaps we are just over analyzing based on incomplete information.
  • Reply 44 of 116
    Preparinf to ship. Still got the delivers 4/24-5/8 timeframe. Hoping I get it Friday!
  • Reply 45 of 116
    musomuso Posts: 30member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

I ordered a stainless steel with white sport band and it says preparing for shipment .

I ordered both - 42mm Grey Aluminium (the way Sir Jonny says it) with black sport band (confirmation email at 12:03am PDT), and a 42mm stainless with black sport band (conf. email @ 12:04am).  Paid with Apple Pay from the iPhone app, and no charge to the card yet.  Still processing.  Maybe it's those black sport bands.  

• Reply 46 of 116
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

The aluminum and stainless cases are made of specially crafted alloys for beauty, durability... and to reject gold plating.

• Reply 47 of 116
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    It's going to be a fun gadget.
  • Reply 48 of 116

You lucky buggers!

• Reply 49 of 116
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Excu
    stoogeling wrote: »
    Likewise. Hoping for Friday delivery!

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm curious. If the delivery time is estimated at 4 -6 weeks and the date is stated as May 13 to 27, why do you think you'll get yours this Friday?
  • Reply 50 of 116
    Anyone from Australia received a shipping status or credit card charge?
  • Reply 51 of 116
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    fred1 wrote: »
    Excu
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm curious. If the delivery time is estimated at 4 -6 weeks and the date is stated as May 13 to 27, why do you think you'll get yours this Friday?
    Once the order changes from "processing" to "preparing for shipment" you can throw out the projected shipping range.
    Apple has a history of under promising and over delivering on initial roll outs.
  • Reply 52 of 116

Maybe, or perhaps we are just over analyzing based on incomplete information.

There's always that hope...... :\
  • Reply 53 of 116
    tgr1tgr1 Posts: 33member
    I ordered a stainless steel with white sport band and it says preparing for shipment .

Ditto. 42mm.
  • Reply 54 of 116
    jodyzjodyz Posts: 12member

38 mm ss with Milanese Loop - took my money yesterday morning, but status unchanged - still says 4/24-5/8 .  

For some reason, I could not even access the online store for the first 10 minutes of the sale window.  Must have been an att u-verse glitch, because I haven't heard of anybody else with that problem.

• Reply 55 of 116

I just got shipping notifications for both the 1m and 2m charging cables I ordered minutes after the store opened on Friday 3:02AM.  I expect to see my 38mm and 42mm Apple Watches (both aluminum with blue sport band) get shipped today as well.  Hopeful for Friday delivery.

• Reply 56 of 116
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jodyz View Post

38 mm ss with Milanese Loop - took my money yesterday morning, but status unchanged - still says 4/24-5/8 .  

For some reason, I could not even access the online store for the first 10 minutes of the sale window.  Must have been an att u-verse glitch, because I haven't heard of anybody else with that problem.

The estimated delivery date won't change. Where it says "processing" will change to "preparing for shipment".

The online store was 10 minutes late. The iOS app opened on time. If you waited for the online store, you got lucky if you got 4/24.

• Reply 57 of 116
    felixcfelixc Posts: 3member

Completed order within the first 5 minutes using the iPad for a SS with a black leather band and no change yet in status as of Tuesday morning.

• Reply 58 of 116
    [I](Deleted; weird double post, for some reason).[/I]
  • Reply 59 of 116

online store - Won't get mine till 1 or 2nd week in May - SS with Milanese Loop 42mm.

Ordered @ 12:20am on 4/10 - had to keep refreshing to get in..... don't care - so worth the wait.

• Reply 60 of 116

I per-ordered the 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop at 3:08 EST, Says it will deliver 4/24-5/8. I have yet to receive a preparing for shipment notification or see a pending charge on my credit card... How likely will I receive it Friday? Has anyone received a notification regarding their 42 mm Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop?