Apple starts charging Apple Watch orders, preparing units for shipping

Comments

• Reply 61 of 116
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

The estimated delivery date won't change. Where it says "processing" will change to "preparing for shipment".

The online store was 10 minutes late. The iOS app opened on time. If you waited for the online store, you got lucky if you got 4/24.

Not for me, it didn't. I was able to get into the store no sooner than 12:03 with the app.

As of this morning, my order still reports "processing" with the same 4-24 to 5-8 delivery date window.

• Reply 62 of 116
    Apple has such an interesting approach to fulfilling orders. Wish I could nail down how it works. Order confirmed at 2:03am central time after preorders went live. Delivery date states 4/24-5/8. People with longer expected ship dates being charged and orders moving to preparing to ship. Mine still stating it is processing. Guess I'll just hope for the best at this point. Would imagine all orders arriving Friday will state they are shipping by end of today, if they follow suite of iPhone preorders.

Ordered 42mm space grey sport with black band.
  • Reply 63 of 116
    Boo for getting my hopes up. I'm still a bit steamed that I ordered literally 2 minutes after they went on sale and am still showing an expected delivery date of May 13-27. I was hoping mine would be among the early to ship batch, but alas, disappointed again.

Of course, being mad at Apple does no good. I still want my watch, so I'm not going to cancel my order, and even if I was mad enough to cancel it, it'd mean far less to Apple than an ant bite on an elephant's backside.

So I'll just sit back and wait as patiently as I can for Apple's venerable supply chain to do its thing... but I won't pretend to be happy about it!!!
  • Reply 64 of 116
    Anyone else who ordered a 42mm space gray sport expected to deliver 4/24 to 5/8 still have their status as processing?
  • Reply 65 of 116
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Waaaaaiiiiiit a second.

I thought the Apple Watch was a failure? What's with all the posters talking about their orders being processed? Must be Apple fanboys¡

It is a Failure....yes, failure to fail. 

• Reply 66 of 116

Most watch will be shipped in June:

Early 2015 my ass.

• Reply 67 of 116
    Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnygadget View Post

I just got shipping notifications for both the 1m and 2m charging cables I ordered minutes after the store opened on Friday 3:02AM.  I expect to see my 38mm and 42mm Apple Watches (both aluminum with blue sport band) get shipped today as well.  Hopeful for Friday delivery.

Look like you will return one. You're the reason for the shortage...lol

• Reply 68 of 116
    jodyzjodyz Posts: 12member

Yeah - they took the money but it's still 'processing'.  If it hasn't left China yet, I am losing hope that it will arrive any time soon. 

Preparing for Shipment!!!! As of this afternoon!

• Reply 69 of 116
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member

I ordered through the app at approximately 3:06 am. 42mm M. Loop. Paid via ApplePay. Still in processing. :(

• Reply 70 of 116
    felixcfelixc Posts: 3member
    SS with black leather band 42mm ordered complete at 12:06am, credit card has been charged!
  • Reply 71 of 116
    I ordered both the 38 and 42 SS with the Milanese loop, simultaneously on 2 iPads. I just got notice the 38 is preparing for shipment; nothing yet on the 42. Seems more 42s are being ordered, IMHO.
  • Reply 72 of 116
    Preparing for shipment - 38mm SS Milanese Loop
  • Reply 73 of 116

Preparing for shipment as of this afternoon.  But they take a long time to actually arrive from China, I think.

• Reply 74 of 116
    Found my delivery pending on UPS for Friday.
  • Reply 75 of 116
    brobcbrobc Posts: 8member
    ashman112 wrote: »
    Anyone else who ordered a 42mm space gray sport expected to deliver 4/24 to 5/8 still have their status as processing?
    I'm in the same boat as you. 42mm space gray sport expected to deliver 4/24 to 5/8 but still processing. I ordered through the app with Apple Pay. I hope I wake up to a change of status. Otherwise my optimism for a Friday delivery will fade quickly.
  • Reply 76 of 116
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Apple has such an interesting approach to fulfilling orders. Wish I could nail down how it works. Order confirmed at 2:03am central time after preorders went live. Delivery date states 4/24-5/8. People with longer expected ship dates being charged and orders moving to preparing to ship. Mine still stating it is processing. Guess I'll just hope for the best at this point. Would imagine all orders arriving Friday will state they are shipping by end of today, if they follow suite of iPhone preorders.

Ordered 42mm space grey sport with black band.

It sounds like the 42 mm space gray is the one that is taking the longest to change. That is the one I am waiting for.
  • Reply 77 of 116
    Same thing happened to me and I'm very upset about it. Any luck with yours?
  • Reply 78 of 116
    jloverjlover Posts: 13member
    Has anyone who ordered the 42" Space Black SS been charged & see the order status change to preparing for shipping? That's what I'm anxiously waiting for. Mine still shows processing with delivery between may13th & may 27th...:\
  • Reply 79 of 116
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member

42mm with the Milanese Loop preparing for shipment (UK customer, ordered within 2 minutes of being on sale)

• Reply 80 of 116

Maybe, or perhaps we are just over analyzing based on incomplete information.

Ok, you're on your own, Dr. M: mine just prepared for shipment! :smokey: