Apple says working on Apple Watch preorders in email to early-bird customers

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited October 2019
Apple on Thursday sent out a mass email notifying Apple Watch preorder customers slated to get the first batch of launch units that their orders are being processed.

As seen in the screenshot above, the messages appear to be going out to customers with preorders scheduled to ship between April 24 and May 8, some of the first to jump online when Apple Watch when preorders went live on April 10.

Along with a link to Apple's online order status webpage, the letter notes that customers will receive a separate email with tracking information when an order ships. As the same information was presented in initial preorder confirmations, today's letter is likely meant to soothe anxious customers who may have heard launch day Watch orders are close to shipping.

Also included in the email is a link to Apple's Guided Tours webpage for Apple Watch, which was just updated yesterday with three more videos covering Apple Pay, Activity and Workout functions. To get ready for arrival, Apple recommends users update their iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus to the latest version of iOS.

It is not clear if the correspondence was also sent to people with quoted ship-by dates later than those mentioned above, but AppleInsider has received multiple reports from readers around the world expecting their Watch orders to ship on or near April 24.

On Wednesday, Apple confirmed that certain Apple Watch orders are being fulfilled at rate better than anticipated, but fell short of detailing why the units were shipping out early. Any number of reasons can explain early shipments, from unexpected boosts in production to a glut of canceled orders.

For now, supply is such that Apple has restricted orders to those made through the Online Apple Store and the Apple Store app. The company does not plan to have units available at brick-and-mortar Apple Stores until June. Boutique shops like Dover Street Market and Maxfield, however, will reportedly have Apple Watch in stock for retail sale on launch day.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 112
    musomuso Posts: 30member
    I got that email today - and all it means to me is "oh, well, they're saying I aint' getting it on the 24th."

It'll probably be the 8th. And I ordered at 12:02am, with the confirmation email @ 12:03. I guess the 42mm Space Grey Sport with black band is pretty popular.
  • Reply 2 of 112
    tomhqtomhq Posts: 22member
    No email for me :( Order did not get in until 12:18, estimate shipping is still 4/24~5/8..
  • Reply 3 of 112
    gonevwgonevw Posts: 45member

I ordered the alum watch with white band and ordered it after I ordered the space black with link bracelet 12-15 mins after orders opened and my eta was may 13-27 but I checked ups for tracking number after getting a push from my amex saying I had been charged.   Looks like I will be getting the alum watch Friday.  

someone posted this earlier and it worked for me

For those who's status says "preparing for shipment"

From Cult of Mac,

Go to UPS.com’s tracking page

Select Track by Reference on the left side

Enter your 10 digit phone number in the Shipment Reference field

Manually change Shipment Date Range to 4/23/15 by typing it in

Hit Track

If the tracking info doesn’t show up, try changing the shipment date range to 4/24/15, 4/25/15 or some other dates. Other reddit users have pointed out that you need to use the phone number associated with the credit card it was charged to.

It's hit or miss, but it would be interesting to see where other's are at with this! The shipping label has been created for mine.

• Reply 4 of 112
    I got the email from apple. I got my order through 12:05????????????????????
  • Reply 5 of 112
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    This launch is pretty bad.
  • Reply 6 of 112
    clemynx wrote: »

But the watch is pretty awesome.
  • Reply 7 of 112
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Is it? Apple haven't missed any estimated dispatch dates yet.
  • Reply 8 of 112
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member

After looking into why I didn't get this, the article implies it went out to everyone with the 2 week window from the 24th. It actually only seems to have gone to those who have yet to be charged and whose orders still say "Processing". Mine has been charged and moved to Preparing for Dispatch, hence no email.

• Reply 9 of 112
    grbladegrblade Posts: 93member
    I received my order confirmation email for the 38mm gray sport at 12:04 AM on the 10th but it still says that I am not receiving mine until May 13-27. No email from Apple changing that yet.
  • Reply 10 of 112
    Ordered 38 alum white at +5minute mark. Got confirmation immediately after order. Was charged to visa on 20th. Just checked status which shows : shipped on 22nd, signature required. Ups tracking shows that it's ready for ups to pick up. This is my wife's watch... My 42space grey black is still processing which was ordered and confirmed at +5min mark with the 4-6 week delay. :/
    Haven't received this email above.
    I am in Canada.
  • Reply 11 of 112
    Apple has stolen Christmas! This is Apple's worst roll out of a new product as far back as I can think of and I bought my first Mac in March 1984. This Apple product is a "Toy" and has not reached the level of a "tool" I expected my watch on the 24th and all I get is an email delaying Christmas. Maybe Apple should take care of their customers more and the giving out free watches to celebrities less!
  • Reply 12 of 112
    Hey guys. I'm living in the UK and I received notification mine has now shipped and should be with me tomorrow.
    42mm with classic leather band. Ordered at 2mins past on app.
    They are on the way!!!
  • Reply 13 of 112
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Weird. My order email says shipped. :D :D :D
  • Reply 14 of 112
    rhbellmor wrote: »
    Apple has stolen Christmas! This is Apple's worst roll out of a new product as far back as I can think of and I bought my first Mac in March 1984. This Apple product is a "Toy" and has not reached the level of a "tool" I expected my watch on the 24th and all I get is an email delaying Christmas. Maybe Apple should take care of their customers more and the giving out free watches to celebrities less!
    yeah because like the celebrities you were going to buy a 10k watch.... Lets not even act like u2 madonna and others did get their Apple products first.:rolleyes:
  • Reply 15 of 112
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

Mine gets delivered on the 24 via UPS. All the effort put by Apple into sending it right on time.... all that to get UPS to **** up as usual, I bet.

They never delivered anything properly to me, unlike FedEx :s

• Reply 16 of 112
    id be frustrated but its not Apple's fault. The situation is what it is. Apple hasnt missed any delivery deadlines. Apple said they could guarantee people get their watch by 5/8 and many people probably will get it much sooner.
  • Reply 17 of 112
    Hot damn! My ETA for the 42mm aluminum white band Apple Watch jumped from a June ship date to...

April 24, 2015!!!!!!!

I had been checking my credit card repeatedly this week and nothing had been charged to the card.

Why I got so lucky is unknown since my April 10th confirmation email was at 4:02 AM. I had forgotten to set my alarm and broke speed records ordering the Watch through the App Store app.

Now I have to cancel the early developer pre-order before that one is charged to my credit card.

Christmas is here in April for me!!!!
  • Reply 18 of 112
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Worked out for me ^^

Ordered from the Berlin Store?

• Reply 19 of 112
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Hot damn! My ETA for the 42mm aluminum white band Apple Watch jumped from a June ship date to...

April 24, 2015!!!!!!!

I had been checking my credit card repeatedly this week and nothing had been charged to the card.

Why I got so lucky is unknown since my April 10th confirmation email was at 4:02 AM. I had forgotten to set my alarm and broke speed records ordering the Watch through the App Store app.

Now I have to cancel the early developer pre-order before that one is charged to my credit card.

Christmas is here in April for me!!!!

Really? My 4/24-5/8 date has not change. :(
  • Reply 20 of 112
    idrey wrote: »
    Really? My 4/24-5/8 date has not change. :(

Unexplainable but true.