Apple confirms some Apple Watch orders shipping out earlier than estimated

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60

My order was quoted 4/24-5/8 for the 42mm space gray sport watch.  I am disappointed to see that others with shipping dates in later windows have received shipping status etc...  I am curious if anybody else is in the same position?  I reached out to Apple and of course they could not provide any answers.

• Reply 42 of 60
    jccjcc Posts: 326member
    Probably lots of cancelled orders after people preordered, checked them out at a store, thought about it some more, then cancelled.
  • Reply 43 of 60
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    jcc wrote: »
    Probably lots of cancelled orders after people preordered, checked them out at a store, thought about it some more, then cancelled.
    Pulling sh1t out of your @ss again?
  • Reply 44 of 60
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jungmark wrote: »
    Pulling sh1t out of your @ss again?

Pushing is the preferred method. :lol:
  • Reply 45 of 60

Curious why 42mm Sport Space Gray watches in the mid-late may delivery window are shipping before people with the 4/24-5/8 delivery window.  Anybody notice this?  My order from 3:03 eastern is still processing and has a ship date of 4/24-5/8.  Yet this picture clearly shows a later delivery getting bumped up.  Also, Apple's letter in the email today totally put me off regarding the order.  I reminded that I will not get on the 24th.  How does the forum feel about it?

• Reply 46 of 60
    I'm in Canada, my watch was scheduled for 4-6 weeks delivery, and this morning I just got a UPS tracking number for the watch, directly from Apple!!!

Delivery date: tomorrow!!

I'm so psyched!! :)
  • Reply 47 of 60
    coldancoldan Posts: 8member

But where is mine

• Reply 48 of 60
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Or their suppliers have solved some of their yield problems.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-Watch-production-hampered-by-shortages-related-to-the-Taptic-Engine-and-the-OLED-screen_id68308

I think it's much better to over estimate the time it'll take to get a product and then deliver early if at all possible then the other way around which would just piss a person off!!!  For whatever reason Apple has more on hand then before, or they've ramped up production somehow.   Maybe some people canceled their order, whatever the reason, does it matter?  Just be happy you'll get your watch sooner.

• Reply 49 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

get a life folks

Why are you here then?  Why don't you take your own advice!!!

• Reply 50 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ashman112 View Post

This really bothers me because mine is supposed to be delivered on 4/24 - 5/8 and it is still processing. Apple needs to get this straightened out soon or I will cancel my order. This is ridiculous.

oooohhhhhh, poor baby,....cry me a river......

• Reply 51 of 60

You would think that apple would at least send update notices, to those who are still getting orders being processd   (two weeks for processing) but evan when you call they just repeat what your initial email said)

• Reply 52 of 60
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,064member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC View Post

There is a lot of anecdotal evidence this happened. But...they cancelled, then ordered a different model, often an upgrade.

I did this. My wife thought she'd like the silver/white sport so I ordered that right after the window opened. She saw that combo in the store, and changed her mind to the grey/black sport. I cancelled after checking it out in the store...then reordered the one she wanted.

Both currently show June.

• Reply 53 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

Apple is doing the best they can to manage the situation. People need to relax. 

IF THEY WERE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN, THEN THEY ARE IN TROUBLE

THEY CANNOT EVAN UPDATE STATUS (AFTER 2 WEEKS, THEY CAN AT LEAST INFORM WHERE YOU STAND ON THE LIST

• Reply 54 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

Still no love from my SS link bracelet :(

Ditto, 12:02am order here.

Kind of annoyed because we're the highest value buyers after the Edition ones, but other models are getting the accelerated delivery treatment first.
  • Reply 55 of 60
    I pre ordered two sports watch on 04/10. Both were showing "ship in June". Yesterday one is showing shipped with a tracking number to be delivered on 04/24. The other is still showing June. I had similar experience with iPhone 6. It shows shipping in Nov but I got it the next week after placing order.
  • Reply 56 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon726 View Post

Curious why 42mm Sport Space Gray watches in the mid-late may delivery window are shipping before people with the 4/24-5/8 delivery window.  Anybody notice this?  My order from 3:03 eastern is still processing and has a ship date of 4/24-5/8.  Yet this picture clearly shows a later delivery getting bumped up.  Also, Apple's letter in the email today totally put me off regarding the order.  I reminded that I will not get on the 24th.  How does the forum feel about it?

You got a email from apple, No one I know of did,

• Reply 57 of 60
    Space grey seems to be the one that is in short supply. It would be interesting for someone to do a survey of what model, order time, and estimated delivery time.

Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band
    12:10* AM
    May 13 - May 27

* I first tried to use the website and it would not load for ten minutes before trying the app
  • Reply 58 of 60
    cjb65cjb65 Posts: 3member
    42mm SS BSB 12:02AM 4/10 and still showing processing today. UGH
  • Reply 59 of 60
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member

Ordered a 42mm Sport with white SB on Apr 12 at around 4:30 pm - now has changed from June delivery to 2-3 weeks (May 14-20)

• Reply 60 of 60

I ordered a 38mm space gray/black band Sport at 12:13am from the app on my phone.  I got my confirmation as 12:16am.  It's now 2:17pm Pacific Time on 4/27, and my account hasn't been charged, and my order is still showing as "Processing" with an estimated delivery of May 13-May 27.