First Apple Watch deliveries received in Australia, developers selected for expedited shipping progr

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    no upside down jokes! I am disappointed ;)
  • Reply 22 of 42
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    no upside down jokes! I am disappointed ;)

Come to think of it, how hard would it be to get the numbers and hands to run counterclockwise?
  • Reply 23 of 42
    I was meant to be getting my 42 mm Green /Sport in June but it just got delivered in Melbourne Australia (24th April). Under promise and over deliver or What!!!
  • Reply 24 of 42
    fearlessfearless Posts: 138member

Seems Australians are desperate to elevate their status over the hapless citizens of nations very slightly smaller than they are ... here in NZ, firmly under Apple Australia's thumb, we can't even pre-order the thing.

As for an Apple Store - puh! They'll have their 2nd store in Kalgoorlie before Auckland qualifies....

• Reply 25 of 42
    enzosenzos Posts: 344member

It's hard to understand why NZ hasn't got an Apple Store yet. There's two in Brisbane which only has half the population of New Zealand (literally :)  

• Reply 26 of 42
    luinilluinil Posts: 59member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fearless View Post

Seems Australians are desperate to elevate their status over the hapless citizens of nations very slightly smaller than they are ... here in NZ, firmly under Apple Australia's thumb, we can't even pre-order the thing.

As for an Apple Store - puh! They'll have their 2nd store in Kalgoorlie before Auckland qualifies....

I'm not sure that Apple Australia decides of those things, they are probably decided directly in California.

• Reply 27 of 42
    I got my golden ticket. Did anyone who got the dev e-mail not get selected?
  • Reply 28 of 42
    chadmatic wrote: »
    We do if you trust Tim Cook as he said it was.

How did I miss that?  Always thought it was part of Steve's vision...

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/09/tim-cook-work-on-the-apple-watch-began-after-steve-jobs-died/
  • Reply 29 of 42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by luinil View Post

I'm not sure that Apple Australia decides of those things, they are probably decided directly in California.

The scene: Tim's office. Tim is at his desk, typing up an email to Phil about his lacklustre performance in the Pharell gig.

Enter Angela.

Angela: "Hey, Tim, listen. I was thinking, we really could use a store in New Zeal-"

Tim: "No." 

Angela: "...but why not?"

Tim narrows his eyes, removing his glasses slowly. He is clearly exerting a good deal of patience.

Tim: "My dear, listen carefully. I am only going to explain this once. It was many years ago. I had just gotten the job at Compaq, and I had the chance to go to New Zealand. I went. I went to see a rugby game. I was there. It was exciting. Until I had to use the facilities."

He places the glasses on the desk.

Tim: "When I came back, a massive man had taken my seat. Being a Southern gentlemen, I asked him politely to move."

Tim narrows his eyes again.

Tim: "He did not."

Angela is clearly confused.

Angela: "But what does-"

Tim: "Everything, my dear! You see, when that man insulted me that day by refusing to relinquish the seat, that day is when I realized that New Zealand needed to be punished. And so I have made it my mission in life to do that."

Angela gives him a look over the top of her glasses.

Angela: "...by denying them Apple Stores?"

Tim: "Precisely, my dear! Precisely! It has caused them untold anguish and pain! And yet that pain is not equal to that which I experienced that fateful day. It can never be equal. But I will make them pay for what they've done! For as long as I live there will never be an Apple Store in New Zealand! Never!"

Angela is at a loss for words.

Tim: "That's all. You may go. Let me know when the design for the new door hinges is done."

End scene.

Or something like that.

• Reply 30 of 42
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

Wow, UPS delivered at 9 in the morning in Paris!

• Reply 31 of 42
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Got mine at just before 11am in the UK. Haven't opened it yet as I don't have time [sic]!

• Reply 32 of 42
    I got my golden ticket ????
  • Reply 33 of 42
    Just picked up my two watches at UPS hub outside of boston. 8:46 AM. (I did a redirect via UPS MyChoice since I wasn't going to be home).
    Silver sport w white bands, a 38 and 42.

The boxes are heavy and solid!
  • Reply 34 of 42
    flaneur wrote: »
    Come to think of it, how hard would it be to get the numbers and hands to run counterclockwise?

LOL, as you cross the equator ....
  • Reply 35 of 42
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,717member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

I was in a bar recently which had a clock that did exactly that -- just to mess with the drunk people.

Having a Salvador Dali inspired watch face where it melts slowly would be nice too.

• Reply 36 of 42
    auxio wrote: »
    I was in a bar recently which had a clock that did exactly that -- just to mess with the drunk people.

Having a Salvador Dali inspired watch face where it melts slowly would be nice too.

LOL, Too funny. I bet closing time was hard to achieve though!
  • Reply 37 of 42
    Just picked up my Apple Sport watches at 8:45 at UPS hub outside of Boston. Heavy boxes, one about an inch longer than the other. Thanks all for the UPS MyChoice tips, was able to redirect from a home delivery and get sooner!

JT
  • Reply 38 of 42
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xixo View Post

sacred unboxing process?

Seriously?

Actually there are Samsung unbxoing videos now too. Apparently a large number of tech fans are also quite OCD.

• Reply 39 of 42
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So I wonder how quickly we'll see complaints because the Sport and SS packaging are different.

Well, just like other Apple new product launches we will have to endure the initial barrage of negativism, the jokes, the nastiness, the declarations of Epic Fail, the Apple death spiral clock, etc. After it becomes clear that the watch will be yet another Apple hit and a paradigm changing, disruptive device all that will subside and be replaced by the now standardized “Only stupid people buy Apple stuff” meme.

• Reply 40 of 42
    fearlessfearless Posts: 138member
    Nice! Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not picking on me....

But it is rather odd that a city roughly the size of Brisbane or Perth and substantially bigger than Adelaide is still considered an outpost of the ANZAC Empire.... Lest We Forget.