iPhone and Mac to shine in Apple's Q2 2015 earnings, analyst says

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 128
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    cnocbui wrote: »
    iPhone 6 sales are not beating S6 sales in Korea.  The Atlas Research report had 2nd week in April figures of 35,003 sales of iPhone 6s vs 79,586 for the Samsung S6/edge.  Furthermore, The Atlas report that claimed iPhone 6 sales had declined only marginally, doesn't appear to be quite accurate as it failed to take into account the near 50% drop in iPhone sales in the weeks prior to the S6 launch, possibly due to anticipation of the S6 launch.   iPhone 6 sales were 65018 in the 3rd week of March and were down to 35003 in the 2nd week of April.  The AR figures only represent store sales and don't account for online sales.

The problem with S6 sales appears to be that Samsung severely miscalculated how high the demand for the Edge model would be, presumably assuming it's price premium would deter buyers, so at launch they had fewer Edge models than the standard model.  What actually appears to be happening in some markets is that there is actually significantly more demand for the Edge model than the standard.  In the UAE, for example, Demand is said to be 65 / 35 % in favour of the Edge.  Samsung initially thought demand for the Edge would only be 20-30 %, hence the severe shortage as pre-orders were actually for 50% for the Edge.  Bloomberg is reporting that so large is the demand for the Edge that Samsung have brought a third production line for the curved screen online to increase output from the current 2 million a month to 5 million.

According to all reports, including the Korean press, sales of the S6 have been disappointing, and the iPhone has surpassed it.
  • Reply 122 of 128
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    And how many people have the expendable cash to do that? Certainly not 100% of the 75%

Well, the facts remain, so they must have the money from somewhere. If there putting it on a charge, that's their choice. But if they buy a new one in two years, which is the average, that's a good amount of time to save up.
  • Reply 123 of 128
    Not when there's a cheaper alternative.

It's what they do for any phone they want, cheap or expensive.
  • Reply 124 of 128
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    melgross wrote: »
    It's what they do for any phone they want, cheap or expensive.

I meant a more inexpensive way to attain an expensive phone.
  • Reply 125 of 128
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by melgross View Post

According to all reports, including the Korean press, sales of the S6 have been disappointing, and the iPhone has surpassed it.

Can you please provide a link - with actual numbers - showing Sales of iPhones in Korea currently being higher than sales of the S6?  The only actual numbers I have seen are those provided by Atlas Research, and those numbers do not show what you claim, quite the reverse.

• Reply 126 of 128
    I meant a more inexpensive way to attain an expensive phone.

The least expensive way to buy an expensive phone (or most any product, without waiting for a sale) other than to wait another year to buy it after the price has dropped, it to pay the full price, and not let it drag on you're credit card.

I've read that a new iPhone is paid off in about 18 months into your two year contract. The rest is profit for the carrier.
  • Reply 127 of 128
    cnocbui wrote: »

Can you please provide a link - with actual numbers - showing Sales of iPhones in Korea currently being higher than sales of the S6?  The only actual numbers I have seen are those provided by Atlas Research, and those numbers do not show what you claim, quite the reverse.

I'm not goi g to spend an hour looking for numbers, but reports, locally, have been pointing out the poor sales. They look at the numbers there. This is typical of what I've been reading.

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/article/10274/missing-mark-galaxy-s6-sales-fall-short-expectations
  • Reply 128 of 128

It's so nice article. Thanks for sharing the useful information and recommend.