Apple confirms ink in some darker wrist tattoos can interfere with Apple Watch heart rate sensor

Comments

• Reply 21 of 122
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    What about on colored people? I saw this real stupid article yesterday, asking if the Apple Watch works on people of color. 

Will the Apple Watch’s coolest feature work for people of color?
    http://fusion.net/story/60771/will-the-apple-watchs-coolest-feature-work-for-people-of-color/

That word you just used, "colored", is not something that is acceptable nowadays to talk about people with non-white skin tones. Many people find it offensive.
  • Reply 22 of 122
    eliangonzaleliangonzal Posts: 490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RegurgitatedCoprolite View Post

Nope. Apple Watch may not read certain ink in tattoos. Reads through dark skin just fine.

I think he's being facetious

• Reply 23 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RegurgitatedCoprolite View Post

Then how in the world did you end up here reading and posting about Apple Watch? 

Why aren't you spending your time and energy reading Tattooinsider?

He might have stumbled here after enjoying "High Times."

• Reply 24 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

That word you just used, "colored", is not something that is acceptable nowadays to talk about people with non-white skin tones. Many people find it offensive.

Particularly upper-middle class suburban white people, who love to lecture others.

• Reply 25 of 122
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

It's too hard for me to follow and to keep up with what is acceptable or not these days, so I tend not to care that much about such matters.

I heard that the word "thug" was racist the other day too, according to some wackjob nuts. I also heard that golf was racist. 

• Reply 26 of 122
    Another reason to laugh at tattoo morons.
  • Reply 27 of 122
    boozerboozer Posts: 19member
    Why would anyone want to cover the "skin art" with a trendy watch which will quickly look out of style and date the person as "so 2015"?
  • Reply 28 of 122
    calfotocalfoto Posts: 70member
    So, what good are tattoos?

They help the coroner identify the deceased - especially after a horrendously disfiguring accident or when the body's been discovered in a dumpster after 3 weeks of summer heat & humidity :wow:
  • Reply 29 of 122
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member
    Now a purist would not go covering up his/her tattoo with an electric gizmo. Would be like putting a pirate eye patch on the Mona Lisa.
    Sacrilege.
    Namaste and care,
    mhikl
  • Reply 30 of 122
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    lkrupp wrote: »

Well good, that settles it. An unambiguous statement. Apple did not state that some “fix” was on the way. No software patch, no recall, no hedging. The watch sensors will not work with some dark tattoos on the wrist. Live with it, people. End of story. Can we move on now?

wovel wrote: »
    Well the argument in the last thread here focused on the evil of people with tattoos, which was ridiculous. Apple took the right approach here. There may not be anything they can do about it and why should they.

People should've been made aware of this prior to purchasing an Apple Watch.
  • Reply 31 of 122
    Quote:

Still, the line from "Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou?", 

Quote:

Even "The Color Guard is colored."

• Reply 32 of 122
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I heard that the word "thug" was racist the other day too, according to some wackjob nuts. I also heard that golf was racist. 

Like there aren't thugs in every race.
  • Reply 33 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

They can return the watch if they're not happy with it.

• Reply 34 of 122
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    mobius wrote: »
    That word you just used...

That word 'he just used' was in the original article itself and, despite the fact that he himself mentioned it was stupid, you didn't let that stop you from exercising your right to be a politically correct jerk - while still referring to people as 'non-whites'.

How hypocritical are you?
  • Reply 35 of 122
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I think he's being facetious

It was just a little dark humour.
  • Reply 36 of 122
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

What a helpful and intelligent observation.
  • Reply 37 of 122
    They can return the watch if they're not happy with it.

Why not avoid that hassle to begin with?
  • Reply 38 of 122
    captain jcaptain j Posts: 313member
    In other news Apple confirmed the watch will not work for people who do not have arms.
  • Reply 39 of 122
    flaneur wrote: »
    What a helpful and intelligent observation.

If Apple didn't know tattoos would interfere with sensors then it's inept research, and if they did know, and said nothing then it's deception.
  • Reply 40 of 122
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    wovel wrote: »
    Well the argument in the last thread here focused on the evil of people with tattoos, which was ridiculous. Apple took the right approach here. There may not be anything they can do about it and why should they.

Who said anything about "evil"?