Lunch & keynote with Apple CEO Tim Cook raises $200K for charity

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2015
The chance to have lunch and attend an Apple keynote with CEO Tim Cook was enough to raise more than $200,000 for the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights.

Bidding for the CharityBuzz fundraiser closed on Wednesday, earning $200,000 for the organization thanks to the winning offer. The high bidder has earned a one-hour lunch with Cook at Apple's headquarters, as well as two VIP passes to an Apple keynote.

The fundraiser offer first went live in mid-April. The money for the Robert F. Kennedy Center will go towards human rights causes around the globe.

CharityBuzz had estimated the value of the offer, including Cook's time and the VIP keynote tickets, at $100,000. Last year's auction took in over $330,000.

Though the offer didn't say what keynote the winner will attend, the first available option would be Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which will kick off with a presentation, presumably featuring Cook, on June 8.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member
    =20 edition watches.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    eightzero wrote: »
    =20 edition watches.
    With bands it's closer to 15.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Good for Tim, I guess. (Not a big fan of "human rights" which are a completely nebulous concept since there is no such thing as a Human Constitution, nor is there a constitutionally-limited government of Human.)

• Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Good for Tim, I guess. (Not a big fan of "human rights" which are a completely nebulous concept since there is no such thing as a Human Constitution, nor is there a constitutionally-limited government of Human.)

I think this was discussed at length, and lead to the Khitomer Accords.

• Reply 5 of 9
    rmb0037rmb0037 Posts: 142member
    eightzero wrote: »
    Not gonna lie. I had to google this.

Was not disappointed.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Reply 7 of 9
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rmb0037 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Not gonna lie. I had to google this.

Was not disappointed.

No need to g00gle, just use the right-click Lookup. You'd be surprised how much stuff, expressions, acronyms, etc. it does recognize :

Although in this case it points to the Wikipedia entry for the UFP, it ultimately explains the source of and circumstances of the accords further down in the text. Clicking on the popup opens Dictionary for the whole article. Might be some Applebot goodness. 

• Reply 8 of 9
    ferdchetferdchet Posts: 38member

Only $200k to the Kennedy version of the Clinton Foundation money-laundering/influence peddling scheme?  The Kennedys don't quite have the same mojo that they used to.

• Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jony0 View Post

No need to g00gle, just use the right-click Lookup. You'd be surprised how much stuff, expressions, acronyms, etc. it does recognize :

Although in this case it points to the Wikipedia entry for the UFP, it ultimately explains the source of and circumstances of the accords further down in the text. Clicking on the popup opens Dictionary for the whole article. Might be some Applebot goodness. 

Just raise your wrist, and speak the query: "M-5 Tie In..."