Apple's next-gen 'iPhone 6s' to come in rose gold model, feature 2GB RAM, 12MP camera

Comments

• Reply 81 of 107
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    ellinabeca wrote: »
    If the rumor about iPhone 6s proved to be true, I believe more and more people switch to iPhone 6s. 
    For RAM? I think you vastly overestimate the important of specs to the majority of Apples iPhone customers.

Hell, I imagine the rose gold colouring wiLL have more of a sales impact than the RAM. And I doubt that'll have much effect.

Bar any big new features, I imagine the trade up for the 6S to be proportionally roughly the same as for previous #S versions.

EDIT: oh wait, you mean switchers from Android? Same thing applies. The proportion of spec jockeys on any mainstream platform won't reach double digits of the total user base. Android users aren't using Android because the iPhone lacks RAM.
  • Reply 82 of 107
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFire1 View Post

As an iPhone 6 Plus, owner, I'm not sure if I'll upgrade. However, if 3D came into the mix, then it's a no brainer. If Nintendo can do it, so can Apple.

Maybe on the iPhone 7 or 8.

You are kidding right? 3D

• Reply 83 of 107
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    3D and I'd probably switch to Windows Phone. Go boil your head with that rubbish.
  • Reply 84 of 107
    Quote:

Originally Posted by msantti View Post

I want to be an analyst when I grow up.

Then I can talk out my ass all day long.

I totally spit my coffee out everywhere!  LMFAO!

• Reply 85 of 107
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    It is so much easier for Samsung, they just need to add lipstick to their top model. :D

You the clichè... Lipstick on a pig... LOL. could not resist
  • Reply 86 of 107
    eliangonzaleliangonzal Posts: 490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

iphone is a mature product -- it doesnt need the sort of marketing efforts a new product category does.

I'm fairly certain he was being facetious. 

• Reply 87 of 107
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member

I never wished that my rear camera have more megapixels but I've always wished my front camera have the same 8 MP camera. We are more about selfies than taking pictures that aren't about us. Right?  You know it's true. 

• Reply 88 of 107
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member

Gmail is just IMAP, no? Apple Mail is an IMAP client, no? What is the problem?

I think problem lays more with Google proprietary IMAPish Mail services that I doubt will bet fully flushed out until either 10.10.5 or 10.11.
  • Reply 89 of 107
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    I think problem lays more with Google proprietary IMAPish Mail services that I doubt will bet fully flushed out until either 10.10.5 or 10.11.

Ok, so you pointed me in the right direction. I wanted to find out how proprietary Gmail's version of IMAP was, and it's a nuanced technical answer, but the short sound bite version is that they are using unique IMAP4 Extensions for things like labels, which I've heard is missing from Apple Mail and Outlook, but Goog's own developer docs say the labels are "mapped" to IMAP folders and should appear as (and work like) folders in client apps. But client apps do apparently have to know something about those extensions. Client app developers would have to code for Gmail specific things if they want to presentation and feature parity. IMHO this sound a lot like "embrace, extend, extinguish" from the Microsoft playbook of the 90s. I'm not saying I think Google is trying to kill IMAP, but they expect the world to bend over and kneel before their market dominance, and that's a very old-Microsoft way of thinking. New Microsoft seems to have hit the "we love standards" bandwagon like old-Google. Hmm...
  • Reply 90 of 107
    peteraltpeteralt Posts: 155member
    I'm disappointed that it won't include a PrimeSense proximity sensor. Or they may just surprise us and include one. If not this model, I surely expect it in the iPhone 7. How many years has it been since Apple bought PrimeSense? It usually takes about two years before technologies from companies they purchase wind up in their products (such as Siri and TouchID). Why do I want a PrimeSense sensor in an iPhone so badly? Because the sensor can detect objects that are near the phone (such as your face or your hands) and calculate what it is and the distance it is from the phone in three dimensions. This capability would open up amazing possibilities for developers.
  • Reply 92 of 107
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 809member
    Apple will let the 6S have the same 326 ppi and for the 6S will release the re-scaling down to have it at it natural resolution. That would make the 6S Plus have close to 2X that of the 6S! It cost nothing for Apple to increase the 6S Plus resolution and it will be a faster screen refresh since it does not have to re-scale down the pixels like the 6 Plus is now.
  • Reply 93 of 107
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 809member

Polycarbonate case is much nicer then the 5 and 5S case! 

• Reply 94 of 107
    Quote:

Originally Posted by msantti View Post

I want to be an analyst when I grow up.

Then I can talk out my ass all day long.

Only Kou has typically been spot on.  So it isn't really talking out of your ass when you have been consistently proven right now is it?

• Reply 95 of 107
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steffen Jobbs View Post

And you'll always be assured of keeping your job no matter how many times you're wrong or how many times you keep repeating the same mistakes.  I'm not sure what an analyst's qualifications are supposed to be but they must be pretty low.

Only Kou has rarely if ever been wrong before.  So you might want to do some research.

• Reply 96 of 107
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

And once again, Emperor Ming's guesses get the "Breaking" treatment.

Although he's 'guesses' have always been spot on in the past.

• Reply 97 of 107
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

Then you support fucking junk...

No need to be a twat because someone likes something different from you.  Must be 12.

• Reply 98 of 107
    croprcropr Posts: 1,124member

I live in a windy area and when I leave home my hair is always a mess.  And because I never forget my iPhone but always forget a comb when I leave home, an integrated comb in my next iPhone would really be great.;)

• Reply 99 of 107
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTBuzz View Post

I hope they make the Apple Sim Card Standard; their should be only 1 phone for all the carriers. 

Totally agree.   If Google can come out with their own SIM for their Project FI why can't apple have its SIM for any carrier.

(ideally the sim would move to all software so that you could eliminate one excess piece of hardware)

I would love to see an option like Project FI that on the iPhone that would automatically switch to the carrier based on the strongest Signal.

I think Apple is moving to the 12M camera so that they can do 4K video.

• Reply 100 of 107
    croprcropr Posts: 1,124member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by K2kW View Post

Totally agree.   If Google can come out with their own SIM for their Project FI why can't apple have its SIM for any carrier.

(ideally the sim would move to all software so that you could eliminate one excess piece of hardware)

I would love to see an option like Project FI that on the iPhone that would automatically switch to the carrier based on the strongest Signal.

According to the GSM standard the SIM card is the identifier of the operator (and not of the phone supplier) and it must be possible to change from one operator to another by switching SIM cards.  This is a mandatory requirement that must be fulfilled before a phone is allowed on a mobile GSM network. Being able to change operator is in benefit of the customer, to keep competition alive.

As long as Apple does not support all operators worldwide in its software SIM function, Apple is forced by the standard to provide a SIM card reader.  Be aware that supporting all operators is not an easy task.  Some operators have installed SIM card apps on the SIM card, and all these apps should be ported to the Apple SIM software function.  Example: my provider has installed 6 apps on the SIM card.   

I buy, when I go abroad, a prepaid SIM card to have cheaper local data access.  And because a live in a small country, this happens on a regular base.

The reference to Google here is rather irrelevant.  In the Project FI Google is an operator, not a phone vendor.