Apple begins shipping space gray, space black Watch orders with link bracelets, modern buckles

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 60
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    gregquinn wrote: »
    I assume that means the second batch of SGs - I'm fortunate to have gotten mine delivered on release day :)

    our SG didn't come in until the last day of April. not on launch day, but earlier than promised by a couple weeks.
    .
  • Reply 22 of 60
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    mstone wrote: »
    I ordered a Space Gray Sport 42 but then cancelled. I'm going to wait for Gen. 2. I don't wear watches very often anyway. Next year the platform will have matured and become more useful. I'm happy for you early adopters though.

    yeah but then the third-gen will be better than your second-gen, so you may want to wait a bit longer...
  • Reply 23 of 60
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post





    yeah but then the third-gen will be better than your second-gen, so you may want to wait a bit longer...



    Maybe...Or perhaps I'll never buy one. Usually I am an early adopter, but right now I'm not that impressed with the watch. I went to the store and tried it on. It's ok but, it seemed a bit chunky to me. I think the next gen will be a big improvement. After that it will probably be more incremental. But like I've said, I'm not a big watch person anyway.

  • Reply 24 of 60
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post





    yeah but then the third-gen will be better than your second-gen, so you may want to wait a bit longer...



    That 4th Gen will be a killer: SO worth the wait....

  • Reply 25 of 60
    gizmosfgizmosf Posts: 8member
    They sent me a 38mm instead of 42mm by mistake :( So after returning it and then reordering my delivery will be July for the stainless steel Milanese loop band. The only thing I can say is what a let down when I opened the box :(
  • Reply 26 of 60
    napybluenapyblue Posts: 14member
    Ordered space gray. I just searched the Apple website and found no space black offered. What's the deal?
  • Reply 27 of 60
    ordered 38mm modern buckle band 4/10 1:05 MST still processing having a real hard time Waiting
  • Reply 28 of 60
    stephanjobsstephanjobs Posts: 284member
    napyblue wrote: »
    Ordered space gray. I just searched the Apple website and found no space black offered. What's the deal?

    Space black is in the stainless steel apple watch model only. Space gray is in there sport model only.
  • Reply 29 of 60
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skay View Post

     

    I foolishly delayed ordering until 3:30 AM on April 10th, so I'm still waiting.


    I ordered mine just about as quickly as I could after midnight on April 10th, and I'm still waiting.  A friend that used the AppleStore app instead of Safari to order his watch (Space Grey Sport with Black Sport Band, identical to mine) ordered his a couple minutes before I did, because apparently you were able to get into the store earlier that night if you used the app rather than using the Web.

     

    We both received the same initial ship date:  May 13-27.  However, his was shipped early, almost two weeks ago now.  I began checking my order status several times a day.  I am still waiting.  The status hasn't even changed from "Processing Order" to "Preparing for Shipment".

     

    Given these strange data points, I'm not sure anybody can confidently interpret what is going on with supply.

     

    Thompson

  • Reply 30 of 60
    lipnorthlipnorth Posts: 13member

    Guess I'm not a lucky one, no date change for me - still says end of May/June and I ordered April 10th ????????????????????

     

     

  • Reply 31 of 60
    iobserveiobserve Posts: 96member
    I think there's a simple answer, 42mm models are far more popular so 38mms are getting shipped faster, and they're working on correcting the ratios.
  • Reply 32 of 60
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,039member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lipnorth View Post

     

    Guess I'm not a lucky one, no date change for me - still says end of May/June and I ordered April 10th ????????????????????

     

     


    Mine too - ordered 2 sport SG's on April 10. No Love for an AAPL shareholder.

  • Reply 33 of 60
    lipnorthlipnorth Posts: 13member

    Thats cause they don't like you paying for the Watch with your gains 8-)

  • Reply 34 of 60
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    mstone wrote: »
    But like I've said, I'm not a big watch person anyway.

    us neither, but we didn't get two because its a watch, we got them for the various jobs-to-be-done that appeal to us. activity tracking, primarily -- alerts and goals for my sedentary lifestyle, wireless iPod for jogging, and contactless payments (both while jogging and all the time -- it's even easier than the phone).
  • Reply 35 of 60
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post





    and contactless payments

    I find ?Pay easy enough with iPhone. It doesn't warrant buying and wearing another device just to make it ever so slightly less effort. It literally takes less than 5 seconds. I wouldn't save any time with the ?Watch, because even with the iPhone, I'm all done paying and still waiting for the clerk to finish scanning the barcodes on my items. 

  • Reply 36 of 60
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by iObserve View Post



    I think there's a simple answer, 42mm models are far more popular so 38mms are getting shipped faster, and they're working on correcting the ratios.

    That is undoubtedly true, but it doesn't completely explain why a friend of mine got his 42mm Space Grey Sport delivered early while I am still waiting for the same model.  We had the same quoted ship dates (May 13 -27) but he ordered his a couple of minutes earlier and got his 2 weeks ago.  I think that Space Grey 42mm was especially supply constrained but Apple is modifying its delivery plan as it goes along, in order to bring more countries online, etc.  Mind you, I'm not complaining, unless mine gets shipped outside of the original shipping window.  (I'll still happily receive my watch, of course.)

     

    I think that all of this points to significant supply chain issues and not just extreme demand.  (There was significant demand, of course, but not as extreme as one might glean from the rapid sellout.)

  • Reply 37 of 60
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

     

    I find ?Pay easy enough with iPhone. It doesn't warrant buying and wearing another device just to make it ever so slightly less effort. It literally takes less than 5 seconds. I wouldn't save any time with the ?Watch, because even with the iPhone, I'm all done paying and still waiting for the clerk to finish scanning the barcodes on my items. 


    I will be happy to leave my wallet & iPhone in my briefcase in the car while I go into the convenience store for my morning soda and beef jerky (or whatever).  No more fishing for me.

     

    Different people.  Different lifestyles.  Different use cases.

  • Reply 38 of 60
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

     

    Mine too - ordered 2 sport SG's on April 10. No Love for an AAPL shareholder.


    I too am an Apple shareholder (not that it matters, but just replying to you) that ordered an SG in the wee hours of April 10th. 

     

    Since I had an original ship date of May 13-27 and I am still waiting for shipment to begin, then anyone with a ship date of late May/June is not going to get theirs in the next few days at least, and maybe longer.

  • Reply 39 of 60
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

     

    I will be happy to leave my wallet & iPhone in my briefcase in the car while I go into the convenience store for my morning soda and beef jerky (or whatever).  No more fishing for me.

     

    Different people.  Different lifestyles.  Different use cases.




    And, it occurs to me, the less time spent handling the phone the less opportunity to DROP the thing....

  • Reply 40 of 60
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

     

     for my morning soda and beef jerky

     


    Well you certainly didn't buy the ?Watch for the health monitoring features. ;)

Sign In or Register to comment.