How to add Apple's logo to your Apple Watch clock face

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    kindredmackindredmac Posts: 153member
    Who let the gorilla wear an Apple Watch in that first picture????
  • Reply 42 of 55
    lowepglowepg Posts: 106member

Frankly, the LACK of an overt Apple logo is appealing to me....

I cant imagine trying to find a way to insert one....

Perhaps for the "Hey look at me, I have an Apple Watch" crowd?

But, really, isn't it a bit redundant?

• Reply 43 of 55
    pte applepte apple Posts: 82member

'The setting panel doesn't allow you to paste in any emoji.' -

yea I had that issue - maybe I was twitchi but no go - also thru my iPhone the link to twitter wasn't active in AI's news app - so I accessed my twit acct - searched & found tweet...Apple icon - wasn't able to copy.....again could be user issue - will try later -

• Reply 44 of 55
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    Edit: misread. NM.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    I always knew he was an Apple fan and now he is bringing us this hot tip!! Are there any other glyphs that work?

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/59051/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
  • Reply 46 of 55
    You can also copy the Apple logo out of the Symbol Browser in word or any other word processing program - no need to visit a tweet. Look! here it is: %uF8FF. And while you're at it, you could also use %u03A9, just to confuse people.
  • Reply 47 of 55

How amusing. Apple Insider can't display those symbols.  But your mac, your iPhone, and your watch can :)

• Reply 48 of 55
    Would be cool if there was a way to make the logo larger and really dominate the watch face with minimal other watch elements. Anyone have ideas? Maybe even different color logos?
  • Reply 49 of 55
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    lowepg wrote: »
    [...]But, really, isn't it a bit redundant?

Agreed. This tip is reserved for people who buy license plates emblazoned with the BMW logo for their BMW.
  • Reply 50 of 55
    while you cannot use emoji for the monogram field ... you should be able to use any of the other font pictograms that the character viewer on a Mac has available
  • Reply 51 of 55
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    gordy wrote: »
    tip is reserved for people who buy license plates emblazoned with the BMW logo for their BMW.

And the people who realise that you can apply the same procedure to other characters not just the Apple logo. See the post below yours.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    sasqWatch is here

Watch the guided Tours ? See all models ? Watch the TV ads

So, this post gets to stay, although it contributes nothing. But my post which asks a valid question is removed ( ok it had a wookie picture).

Listen son, you should take your intolerant censorship attitude somewhere else. Maybe you too are a hairy basted and feel persecuted?

Buy some nair but leave our posts alone you hairy bastard!
  • Reply 53 of 55
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Funny, the "tip" only referred to the Apple logo— even going into great detail on how to snag it. Don't try to clean it up now, mod.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Funny, the "tip" only referred to the Apple logo— even going into great detail on how to snag it.

Yes, that’s a fair point. I do think that the fact remains, it can serve as some inspiration, to remind people that there are some fonts that consist of images rather than letters. Thus the monogram feature could be more interesting to you if you hadn’t considered that before.
    Don't try to clean it up now, mod.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have absolutely nothing to do with the content of AI articles, and no remit whatsoever to defend them or otherwise.
  • Reply 55 of 55
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

I wonder if Samsung will copy this feature with their Galaxy Gear...

[I]No more silly jokes please - Mr. H[/I]