Clothing retailer Express now accepting Apple Pay at all US stores

Posted:
in iPhone edited May 2015
Clothing retailer Express on Tuesday began accepting Apple Pay at all of its U.S. outlets, adding yet another feather in the cap of Apple's mobile payment platform.

The move was confirmed by AppleInsider checks with stores in Austin, Chicago, Miami, New York City, and San Francisco. Two stores stated that Apple Pay is expected to roll out nationwide beginning today.

To date, relatively few clothing chains have thrown support behind Apple Pay -- some examples include Aeropostale, Bloomingdales, Foot Locker, Macy's, and Sports Authority. Apple has promised more additions down the road, including Anthropologie, Free People, L.L. Bean, and Urban Outfitters.

The Express addition was also noted by 9to5Mac.

Apple Pay seems to be on a tear as of late, netting promised support from a number of large retail chains including Home Depot. Last week, AppleInsider was first to report on upcoming availability at grocer Trader Joe's.

Earlier today, Apple Pay officially gained support for 34 more financial institutions. The number of supporting banks is now almost 300, but the range of merchant partners remains much smaller, even ignoring the absence of the platform outside the United States.

Apple is reportedly expanding its payments platform to China, Canada, and the United Kingdom, however, and is expected to keep pushing for more support domestically given its place as a core iPhone 6 and Apple Watch feature.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    So are they only accepting ?Pay because if not this is a misleading article.
  • Reply 2 of 10

Great! A decent part of my wardrobe comes from Express. I have a t-shirt from there that I still wear regularly that I got a decade ago. Can't wait to pick up a few things with my Apple Watch.

BTW, almost every time I use my watch with Apple Pay I get a great response from the people around me. People are literally shocked. It's like I'm David Copperfield! 

• Reply 3 of 10
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,283member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Huh?

• Reply 4 of 10
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I searched for "only ?Pay" or  "?Pay only" in the article, and found nothing. So your post is a lie, nothing misleading in the article itself.  

Don't know f you've noticed, but this is an Apple centric site that caters to people who use and are interested in Apple products. Your "issue" is pretty mind-numbing. People who own iPhone 6's now know they can pay using their phones in these stores. That's what matters. How the **** is that "misleading" to anyone? Because Android owners are not getting a headline on a site called "AppleInsider" that tells them that maybe their device is also supported there?

• Reply 5 of 10
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    Great! A decent part of my wardrobe comes from Express. I have a t-shirt from there that I still wear regularly that I got a decade ago. Can't wait to pick up a few things with my Apple Watch.

BTW, almost every time I use my watch with Apple Pay I get a great response from the people around me. People are literally shocked. It's like I'm David Copperfield! 
    Yea, same here. Used Apple Pay on the Watch in Duane Reade the other day and the cashier was shocked. It is even convenient than using Apple Pay on iPhone.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

Uh, who?

• Reply 7 of 10
    rwesrwes Posts: 200member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

David who?

jk jk, I love Knight Rider.

Oh wait, wrong David!

Jokes aside, I'm one of those heavy express shoppers (after a bit of a hiatus), so personally, found this to be awesome news.

• Reply 8 of 10
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member

Never heard of the place, but I hope the pace picks up to many more stores.   What I'm really waiting for is more places like BEST BUY who will be supporting Apple Pay in the future dumping CurrectC and before it even launches!!! With the last hold out being Wal-Mart a couple years from now!!!

Everyone is going to have to replace their terminals anyway and support Chip & Pin and Chip & Sign, which means NFC support.  Might as well support Apple Pay and those other guys.

• Reply 9 of 10
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JBDragon View Post

Never heard of the place, but I hope the pace picks up to many more stores.   What I'm really waiting for is more places like BEST BUY who will be supporting Apple Pay in the future dumping CurrectC and before it even launches!!! With the last hold out being Wal-Mart a couple years from now!!!

Everyone is going to have to replace their terminals anyway and support Chip & Pin and Chip & Sign, which means NFC support.  Might as well support Apple Pay and those other guys.

Most of them already have the terminals, they just turned off the NFC.

• Reply 10 of 10
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Time to go shopping again! And yes people reaction when I pay with ?Watch is priceless!