Apple Maps in China offer a sneak peek at what's in store for Maps in iOS 9

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,295member
    Thanks DED for this information. Perhaps another reason why Apple is doing so well in the Chinese market.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    lymf wrote: »
    We always had perfectly accurate data with Google Maps in Brussels since its introduction with iOS 6. I use it all the time to get my route using public transportation and I must say I'm sceptical Apple will ever reach that precision and even quality of presentation.

In the rural MidWest US, the Apple Maps are far more accurate than the Google maps. Google Maps are like looking into a time capsule from 10 years ago.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    crowley wrote: »
    tonton wrote: »

Heartbreaking to know that in China, Apple has wonderful maps for Hong Kong, while here the maps are less than useless. Why the hell can't we have the data for Hong Kong in Hong Kong? Hong Kong is, after all, a territory of the People's Republic of China.

One country two systems apparently applies to mapping data.  I don't live in Hong Kong, but overall I think I'd rather have bad maps than lose significant freedoms.
    True that!
  • Reply 24 of 24
    This past weekend when I proposed to my girlfriend in Manhattan, Apple Maps could not figure out where the hell I was going. Phone spun in circles like I was standing on the north pole with a compass. Walk this way, wait wait, turn back around and walk that way. Finally, I need you to stand on your head and kick your feet.

Never had such a problem walking the DC streets.