Microsoft bringing Cortana to Apple's iOS via Windows 10 Phone Companion

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    I just hope Siri and Cortana don't hook up for a girls night out when I'm looking for some info!
  • Reply 22 of 24
    waterrocketswaterrockets Posts: 1,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Roake View Post

So... are they trying to make Cortana available on a system that doesn't suck, presumably to convey the idea that something about Microsoft doesn't suck, so that maybe people will think Windows 10 doesn't suck? Seems like a stretch.

Windows phones may not be popular (outside of Seattle), but they certainly don't suck.

• Reply 23 of 24
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Windows phones may not be popular (outside of Seattle), but they certainly don't suck.

Just like Windows don't suck...well..sort of.

• Reply 24 of 24
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

This won't fly in iOS just like google voice "Ok Google". You need to open the app to use it and that's considered a failure in the first place. Apple integrated Siri with Home button and that is the advantage. One thing I have to admit, Google Voice recognition is better than Siri. It got words right for most of what I said.

Apple is supposedly working on their own speech recognition engine. Although, considering how much praise "Siri" gets on the Apple Watch, it makes me wonder if it isn't already using it?