Wealthy Chinese man buys two gold Apple Watch Editions for dog, prompts bizarre controversy

245

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 93
    gprovidagprovida Posts: 252member
    While not my priority, he has the money so let him enjoy it. Lucky pets to have such a devoted owner.
  • Reply 22 of 93
    inklinginkling Posts: 731member
    Quote: "Were it around at the time, Americans might have used the word to refer to the Clampett family from the Beverly Hillbillies."

    Not, they were simply hillbillies not used to being rich. This guy has far different problems. That said, my response is "Who cares?"
  • Reply 23 of 93
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    magic_al wrote: »
    This could inspire someone to develop an app for controlling service animals with Taptic Engine cues or alert tones.

    May be not an app but a new divice for dogs and cats, controlled with the iPhone. Like the idea ????
  • Reply 24 of 93
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member
    Wealthy people such as this guy might have monetary riches but certainly little moral, empathetic, or intellectual wealth.

    While I would agree he can do whatever he wants with his money, when comparing what his dog needs versus what the poor people in his city needs, he would rather spend $28K on a dog that has zero desire or need for a watch - let alone two expensive ones - than to help people in need of food or shelter.

    Funny on the surface but what a disgusting excuse of a human being.

    I hope you don't buy anything other than food and water, with a few other essentials. You better donate every dollar.
  • Reply 25 of 93
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Glad to see that idiocy is a global phenomenon.
  • Reply 26 of 93
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,811member
    Is 58bpm healthy for a pooch? Also, I thought the heart rate monitor didn't work through dog hair.
  • Reply 27 of 93
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,811member
    brlawyer wrote: »
    Glad to see that idiocy is a global phenomenon.

    You say that because you think the Watch Edition is overpriced garbage, correct? Not because some rich guy put it on their dog for the lulz.
  • Reply 28 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

     



    "Virtual riot"?? Really?  Please AI, enlighten us why this even remotely qualifies as news because a bunch of whiny folks have problems with some rich guy strapping his pricey bling on a dog?  He didn't "buy" those watches for his dog, but simply put them on it for a humor.  It's obviously his watch and someone else's.



    Jeez... we know there are starving kids in China, slave labor in Apple sweatshops but in the end it's his money to spend it as he see's fit.  


     

    You have no idea what you're talking about... how is it "obvious," you know this how? You spoke to this man, you know him personally, you do not know it is obvious. It is a big problem in China, many of the ultra-rich do nothing to help the less fortunate, they keep it all for themselves and their family. They have very few Bill Gates' and Warren Buffett's who give a lot of their fortune to charity and various causes. I do know this for fact, not just spewing random thoughts.

  • Reply 29 of 93
    I wonder if the fur interferes with the heartrate monitor. Furgate. Just sayin'.
  • Reply 30 of 93
    blubblub Posts: 4member

    What a tightwad, the dog  has four legs. 

  • Reply 31 of 93
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    We love capitalism! No social welfare or health!
    We hate capitalism - man spends money how he likes!
  • Reply 32 of 93
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 5,993member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post



    Glad to see that idiocy is a global phenomenon.



    You should know... you blazed a trail for them.  



    You hated the watch since it has been whispered, preaching how no one would want such an ugly thing, and now that you've been proven wrong on so many levels, you now flip-flop and resort to calling those happy consumers "idiots".  Well played... no one will ever catch that subtle little remark. /s

  • Reply 33 of 93
    woodworkswoodworks Posts: 53member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

     

    Wealthy people such as this guy might have monetary riches but certainly little moral, empathetic, or intellectual wealth.

     

    While I would agree he can do whatever he wants with his money, when comparing what his dog needs versus what the poor people in his city needs, he would rather spend $28K on a dog that has zero desire or need for a watch - let alone two expensive ones - than to help people in need of food or shelter.

     

    Funny on the surface but what a disgusting excuse of a human being.




    I don't know you. But it's a good bet that just by being on this forum that you've probably amassed greater wealth than 90% of the people on this planet. So how much of your wealth goes toward relieving the suffering of your fellow humans? Those who live in glass houses...

  • Reply 34 of 93
    tooltalktooltalk Posts: 766member

  • Reply 35 of 93
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 5,993member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

     

     

    You have no idea what you're talking about... how is it "obvious," you know this how? You spoke to this man, you know him personally, you do not know it is obvious. It is a big problem in China, many of the ultra-rich do nothing to help the less fortunate, they keep it all for themselves and their family. They have very few Bill Gates' and Warren Buffett's who give a lot of their fortune to charity and various causes. I do know this for fact, not just spewing random thoughts.




    Yeah... you're absolutely right.  We should be telling other people what to do with their money.  I demand you spend all your money beyond paying for food and water to those less fortunate than you.

     

    I don't know the guy.  I don't care what he does with his money, or whether he got it from daddy.  I wouldn't want someone like you barking at me to spend my money the way you want, so why should I tell anyone, including a spoiled brat-billionare, what to do with his?  What he does and doesn't do for society is his own business.



    Go ahead, run for President and make it your platform that the government decide and TAKE from one group and give to another.  See how far that'll take you.

     

    As far as the stupid dog picture goes, there is no reason whatsoever to believe he actually bought those watches for his pooch.  It makes absolutely zero sense, even for brain-damaged people to do.  He bought them for human-use and figured - in bad taste to you - to put them on his dog for a funny/satire photo op.  I really don't care because IT'S HIS MONEY TO DO WITH AS HE PLEASES.

     

    Even if he donated a billion dollars to charity, people like you will still whine that it's not enough.  Other people (not you) should give more money.

  • Reply 36 of 93
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,357member
    Wealthy people such as this guy might have monetary riches but certainly little moral, empathetic, or intellectual wealth.

    While I would agree he can do whatever he wants with his money, when comparing what his dog needs versus what the poor people in his city needs, he would rather spend $28K on a dog that has zero desire or need for a watch - let alone two expensive ones - than to help people in need of food or shelter.

    Funny on the surface but what a disgusting excuse of a human being.

    Um.... That $28,000 provided a lot of employment and wages to a lot of people around the globe.
  • Reply 37 of 93
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

    Funny thing about these comments is; the only "whining" I've read in these comments is from two posters whining about people whining.

  • Reply 38 of 93
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Inkling View Post



    Quote: "Were it around at the time, Americans might have used the word to refer to the Clampett family from the Beverly Hillbillies."



    Not, they were simply hillbillies not used to being rich. This guy has far different problems. That said, my response is "Who cares?"

    Well Doggies!

  • Reply 39 of 93
    stargazerctstargazerct Posts: 227member
    As an Apple stockholder, I completely condone this type of behavior and encourage it for every wealthy person with a dog.
  • Reply 40 of 93
    wurm5150wurm5150 Posts: 763member
    Some people are stupid rich. For everyone else, there's SPRINT's Cut Your Bill in Half.
Sign In or Register to comment.