Apple's iPhone 6s could add 12MP Sony camera with RGBW subpixels - report

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 122
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thejd View Post

I'd like to see a reference, please, such as this one.  Second, I don't understand how this reply has anything to do with what I said or what I quoted you as saying which dealt with picture size and the flexibility to fix basic things like shot composition in post.  

There isn't much publicity available published information on hollywood studio delivery criteria. 

I will amend this a bit and say their are some movie houses showing 4K, generally they are in larger markets like New York, Los Angeles, London. But this is fairly rare because the studio charges the movie theater a premium and the theater is charging the audience a premium for it. 

As well very few movies are produced in 4K, pretty much only the summer and Christmas holiday adventure movies. 

The vast majority of cineplexes are projecting 2K and in some cases 1080P. 

“While certain parts of the industry are going with more 4K solutions, we went the opposite route with DCI-compliant projectors with 2K. It’s our biggest seller today,” Duncan said. “I don’t want to come off as a Luddite or anti-4K. This is all about value to the consumer and value to the exhibitor. With the majority of studio content produced at 2K and even 1080, Duncan describes TI’s offerings as meeting the “industry’s worldwide requirements for quality, reliable and affordable for small art houses all around the world to the biggest theaters in the industry.”

http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/4k-is-already-playing-at-a-theater-near-you-but-you-probably-didnt-even-notice/#ixzz3bNUvfwvm 

• Reply 122 of 122
    mstone wrote: »

With Apple it is all about balance, or compromise, depending on your perspective. More RAM uses more battery to keep it powered. They tend to establish a baseline for typical users and then optimize the experience based on that. Perhaps having lots of browser tabs active was not part of the typical user experience, especially if those tabs contain heavy elements like animated ads.

But what about when the tabs DON'T "contain heavy elements like animated ads" yet Safari still has to refresh often?

Blaming the user rarely works.

The same user behavior that worked fine with an iPad 3 back in the day results in refreshed tabs on an iPad Air today. They have gone backwards in user experience.