Apple's Upper East Side store in Manhattan to open after WWDC on June 13

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    ronnronn Posts: 675member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    The upper East side is mostly old money. That’s where the absurdly rich live. The West side has a somewhat younger demographic

Especially since the Whitney Museum across the street relocated downtown. They thought the hoi polloi would disappear. Can't wait for the opening and then the first major product release. It'll drive those UES snobs crazy.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    city wrote: »
    There's a street retail building at 1078 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10021 currently being 3,000 square feet and offered at $240 per square foot per year.

There's a street retail building at 1015-17 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10021 currently being 10,450 square feet and offered at $480 per square foot per year.

There's a corner street retail building at 1125 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10028 currently being 1,500 square feet and offered at $400 per square foot per year.

Some sites say that the 940 Madison Avenue building is 12,580 square feet. I assume that includes basement and or upper floor space which usually rents for less. Even at $500 per square foot per year the rent would be $6,290,000 per year or $524,167 per month. I speculate that the deal may be in the $400,000 per month range.

Interesting numbers... the article also mentioned that the building has been under construction for a year... now would Apple being paying rent during the construction period?
  • Reply 23 of 26
    ronnronn Posts: 675member
    Interesting numbers... the article also mentioned that the building has been under construction for a year... now would Apple being paying rent during the construction period?

Yep. Once Apple takes possession, rent is due. That's why retailers try to avoid delays and start as soon as possible after signing leasing agreements.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    citycity Posts: 522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Deleted

• Reply 25 of 26
    salmanpaksalmanpak Posts: 35member

Kudos to AppleInsider for these "exclusive" pictures of the exterior of a building on a major street in the largest city in the US. It must have been very difficult to obtain these. I hope the photographer was well compensated for walking up and shooting a few snaps with the iPhone he had in his pocket.

• Reply 26 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Looked for 940 Madison avenue on Maps. This app is still a catastrophe. It showed me a store called "avenue" in St. Louis. Seriously.

BTW I live in Europe and the map was initially centered on my town.

I looked for it too. I saw 4 of them, but the first one was nearby in Manhattan. Just where it's supposed to be. So what's up with your post? Trolling much?