TechTV and the Keynote

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone watched a keynote on TechTV? I heard they have really annoying commentary over the keynote and commercials. My question is this: Is it tolerable? Personally I think the last couple keynotes have been awful to watch online.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    brianmacosbrianmacos Posts: 548member
    Techtv is about the only channel I watch on my digital cable. During the Steve Job keynotes they like to put in their 2 cents and it is rather annoying, plus they cut in and out of the keynote which kind of sucks because Steve Jobs doesn't take no breaks so that means your missing some of the show. In my opinion Techtv has gone down hill since the switch from ZDTV.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    The comments during MWSF weren't so bad, but they do cut away for commercials. The comments during last year's MWNY were so unbearable I thought about watching it over my 56k rather than listen to Jim Laudercrap talk about how there was no LCD iMac and bench-marketing. It was painful.

edit: subject/verb agreement. I'm not as stupid as I seem sometimes.

[ 07-10-2002: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 17
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    In January i think they had Chris Breen of MacWorld Mag. do the commentary, not so bad. Yes they do break for ads, but I belive they "TiVO" it. So while they have ads you dont miss anything, they just buffer it back. I remember I got home and hte stream was over but there was still 20 or so miuntes of hte keynote left on TechTV.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    It's hit and miss, they've shown some keynotes completely with no ads or comments, some they've missed part of for breaks, and tivoed others. Still, you get to see it full screen, and if they have the right people (Brett Larson, Leo Laporte, the newly converted Chris Pirillo) the breaks won't be too painful.

Jeff
  • Reply 5 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:

<strong>It's hit and miss, they've shown some keynotes completely with no ads or comments, some they've missed part of for breaks, and tivoed others. Still, you get to see it full screen, and if they have the right people (Brett Larson, Leo Laporte, the newly converted Chris Pirillo) the breaks won't be too painful.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I only hope that Chris Pirillo isn't on the show he is a waste of time, he may know his stuff but he thinks he is funny, and he isn't funny. Now Leo is good and Brett is ok Brett thinks he is some thing special in front of the camera.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Confirmed: they "TiVo"ed the broadcast last time and the commentary wasn't all that intrusive. This time around I should be able to attend the keynote sat-cast, but I'd watch the TechTV version if I had cable!

D
  • Reply 7 of 17
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Got this back from TechTV:

[quote]I am told the keynote will be in it's entirety, but I cannot promise it will be totally uninterrupted. I also do not yet have the schedule. I think Brett Larson will do the coverage. He did a super job back in January.<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 8 of 17
    I don't want to miss the live broadcast on Techtv but I guess it really doesn't matter if I miss it any way because I watch them online a few times after that any how. :cool:
  • Reply 9 of 17
    valisvalis Posts: 19member
    not to sound out of the loop, but I havent heard that TechTV is going to brodcast the keynote this time. I know they have in the past, but I check their webpage for schedule to see if it was confirmed yet, but it seems to be the normal morning schedule. I dont have techtv at my home, but a friend who lives 30 minutes away does, (both comcast subscribers just different areas err) so to avoid a 30 minute drive that early in the morning (i'm unemployeed it's early) that could result in me not seeing the keynote, and having to drive back to my house to catch the webcast, but then i'd have to wait again cuz i would have missed the first boring hour before the real good stuff starts and I'd have to wait till they put up the archived stream to watch it in full start to finish. So does anyone know for sure that techtv is broadcasting the keynote live?
  • Reply 10 of 17
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Um, look at my post above. That was emailed to me by TechTV.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    what is it that Steve Jobs uses to present his keynotes??? I was just wondering I like how presents his stuff during his keynotes. If any one knows what he uses and if people like us can get the same thing.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Are you talking about the slides he shows? PowerPoint.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    They make Powerpoint for the MacOS.... I would like to get a hold of that.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Damn I am pretty stupid, I didn't realize that Powerpoint came with Office X so I do have that. LOL
  • Reply 15 of 17
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by BrianMacOS:

<strong>Damn I am pretty stupid, I didn't realize that Powerpoint came with Office X so I do have that. LOL </strong><hr></blockquote>

double
  • Reply 16 of 17
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    So it's "confirmed" TechTV will carry it?
  • Reply 17 of 17
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Don't worry. PowerPoint is probably the least know Office application if you poll consumers. Business folks on the other hand swear by it, although I think it?s a bit over used. Too many people focus only on making their presentations look good and forget to include substance. PowerPoint is just a nifty tool in the end and no amount of eye candy can save a poorly planed presentation.