Apple Watch band stock improves: Milanese Loop, Sport, Leather Loop, Classic Buckle, & Link Bracelet

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited June 2015
Apple Watch bands continue to trickle into the company's retail stores, while shipping times through Apple's online store also continue to improve, as supply for the accessories gradually catches up with consumer demand.

As of Monday, all colors of the Leather Loop band, in both medium and large, are advertised to ship in three to five days. Apple's Leather Loop band is only available in the 42-millimeter size.

The Black Classic Buckle comes in both 38- and 42-millimeter versions, and those too are listed as shipping in 3 to 5 business days. Orders placed on Monday should arrive early next week, the company's site says.

All Sport Band colors, with the exception of black, also ship within three to five days, for both 38- and 42-millimeter sizes. The Black Sport Band, and the version with a stainless steel pin, takes five to seven days to ship.

The 42-millimeter Link Bracelet also ships in five to seven business days. But those looking for the smaller 38-millimeter version will have to wait two to three weeks.

The Milanese Loop band is also available in both 38 and 42 millimeters. The smaller version is advertised to ship in 3 to 5 days, but the larger 42-millimeter variant is listed at six to seven weeks.

Finally, the Modern Buckle, which only comes in a 38-millimeter size, remains completely unavailable in all four colors. Apple is not currently accepting orders for that band, and there's no timetable for when it might ship.

An informal poll of Apple Stores conducted by AppleInsider has found that many have the Sport bands in stock. Availability of other bands, such as the Leather Loop, is not as wide.

Apple's online store still does not allow for in-store pickup or ship to store options. The bands first began arriving in stores late last month.

Apple Watch units themselves are expected to begin becoming available in Apple Stores this month, though the company has not made an official announcement regarding its retail debut.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

Oooh, thank god!

Just the fact that this even warrants a story makes me sad. But hey, at least somebody is getting their new watch band. (Champagne cork pop)

• Reply 2 of 11
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member

I was the Apple Store King of Prussia (PA) yesterday.  When the Watch was released, they had a table on the side with some demos.  They now have a full display case front and center as you walk in with perhaps 24 or more combinations of watches and bands.  I'd say in-store availability will be soon.  

• Reply 3 of 11
    ilovestuffilovestuff Posts: 143member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

Oooh, thank god!

Just the fact that this even warrants a story makes me sad. But hey, at least somebody is getting their new watch band. (Champagne cork pop)

Don't be sad. The marketplace is full of new shopping opportunities everyday, and to feel sadness is to take on too much emotional responsibility over trivial matters.  

• Reply 4 of 11
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

Oooh, thank god!

Alcohol is not the answer, just say "No".

I'd suggest some retail therapy: perhaps your nearest Apple Store?

• Reply 5 of 11
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member

Interesting.  Maybe I need to go try on the leather loop band.  Have not done any try ons and my Apple watch (space gray aluminum) is scheduled to arrive today.   I like the looks of the leather loop band on screen and would like to try it to pair with the watch.   Not a big fan of "rubber" bands, though I have yet to try the sport band.

• Reply 6 of 11
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    I bought the Blue Leather Loop band for my SG ?WATCH SPORT last Saturday at Palo Alto ? Store. But after a couple of days I decided I like the Black Rubber Band better and returned it for a $163.00 refund at the Los Gatos ? Store Saturday. Definitely not worth $163. The silver hole in the short end of the Leather Loop band looks very out of place. Leather Loop Band doesn't fit nor feel any better than the rubber band.??????????????????????
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

I bought the Blue Leather Loop band for my SG ?WATCH SPORT last Saturday at Palo Alto ? Store. But after a couple of days I decided I like the Black Rubber Band better and returned it for a $163.00 refund at the Los Gatos ? Store Saturday. Definitely not worth $163. The silver hole in the short end of the Leather Loop band looks very out of place. Leather Loop Band doesn't fit nor feel any better than the rubber band.??????????????????????

Silver hole?  None of the pictures in the online store show any silver hole in the leather loop (?)

• Reply 8 of 11
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/59560/width/200/height/400[/IMG]
    Look carefully at the short band. The end of it widens to accommodate a silver metal hole you stick the long end in to accomplish the Loop part. Really distracts from the otherwise good look. In fact I had to move it to the inside side of my ?WATCH SPORT just to minimize its distraction to those looking at it from the outside. But then I had to look at it all the time and really don't like it 'cause everything else is dark gray and blue. I'm not a silver kind guy at all.??????????????????
    Trust me — it's a big honkin' silver hole.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

Look carefully at the short band. The end of it widens to accommodate a silver metal hole you stick the long end in to accomplish the Loop part. Really distracts from the otherwise good look. In fact I had to move it to the inside side of my ?WATCH SPORT just to minimize its distraction to those looking at it from the outside. But then I had to look at it all the time and really don't like it 'cause everything else is dark gray and blue. I'm not a silver kind guy at all.??????????????????

Ok.  I would not characterize that as a "silver" hole, but rather the loop end on one side to facilitate the looping part.  Anyway, I know what you are talking about now.   Thanks.

• Reply 10 of 11
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    I was at the Milton Keynes, England store last week. They had various straps in store with a new delivery on the day of my visit. There were no straps on display and some staff did not know about the deliveries. Many staff were wearing Apple Watches. Gold watches were also on display. Only one customer was having a demo of the Watch at the time but it was early morning mid week. I have yet to see anyone else outside the Apple Store wearing an Apple Watch. It will be interesting to see if after the first 3 or 4 months demand drops off significantly. If that is the case then perhaps the upgrade cycle will spread over a few years?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    @ Multimedia. But in fairness, you're complaining about a purchase you made for an unintended purpose. The only bands Apple officially markets for use with the Sports watch are the sports bands. The Loop band, although able to fit the Sports watch, has never been marketed by Apple as for use with anything other than the Apple Watch. Naturally therefore the trim on the band is steel to match.
    Whether they *should* have made more bands for the Sports Watch is another topic, but clearly the Leather Loop isn't meant for it in Apple's view.
    With luck, you may find third parties start producing additional bands that better fit your own preferences - the Sports Watch seems to be comfortably the bigger seller so hopefully will be a target market for many producers. But to complain about a purchase you made for someting that isn't intended for your watch and which is contrary to your desire to avoid anything with a steel finish, seems a little unfair.